A question for all milan fans..

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
hi guys, im obviously new here but have been reading this forum for a while, anyway i was just wondering what most of the AC Milan fans think of Manchester United? and weather they prefer them to arsenal, liverpool and chelsea?
I'd also like to add that i get the impression that most fans on here like arsenal, partly because they've got a young team, so id just like to tell you that Man Utd's first team is only something like - on average, 0.4 years older than arsenals. (this last fact was partly just to try and persuade the Milan fans to like Man Utd a bit more ;)
also id just like to say that the vast majority of Man Utd fans have a great liking and respect for Milan, and hop that they win SERIE A. thanks guys!
:)

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Well first of all hi

Intresting fact about the age thing..what do i think of them....if you guys are like the ones from the movie euro trip then sure :) ..if not i don`t really care ..i dunno you guys seem like the real madrid of england,well maybe not ..cause now cheslky is that ..:rolleyes:

Anyway hope you guys win the league or Arsenal,would hate it if cheslky would win it or shitpool.

p.s: bes i hate you,i wanted to be the first one to post :D

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Although I respect what Man Utd has accomplished, I don't like them.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
i dont like manchester or any epl teams

italian and german teams all the way

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
The only games I watch that involve BPL teams are Champions League fixtures.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
i dont like any teams from epl but i love to watch Arsenal, ManU , Villa and Portsmouth...

ps although i dont like any teams from EPL i totally hate Chelsea and Liverpool they suck

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
@manutd fan, manchester utd r favourites for premiership, and i believe that they`ll win,
Honestly i hope to see in Moscow an Man Utd- Milan final :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
My impression of ManU team: very consistent. I mean this is the team who always end up at least in the top 3 in the last 10 years. Maybe only Barca/Real or maybe Arsenal are capable of doing that (someone correct me) since I can't think of any team in Serie A.

Preference over Lpool, Arsenal, Chelsea? Since I don't really follow EPL, I have no clear fave. In the late 80s, I supported Lpool. Late 90s was Chelsea (Zola and co). Then it was Arsenal during Henry years. But lately I supported Man U because I just don't want Chelsea to win. My stand is still the same : ABC : Anyone But Chelsea. So no clear favorite.

One thing that differentiates ManU in the late 90s until 3-4 years of the millenium when they won 3-4 tittles vs Chelsea who won 2 tittles : I never respect Chelsea. For me their success was built on money.

ManU's succes in those years command more respect since it was build over players groomed since young (Becks, Giggs, Scholes, Nevilles) and good coaching by Sir Alex.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanissimo: i agree, i MILAN - MANUTD final would be fantastic :) . i personally feel that had we not had out defence out injured ( neville,rio,vidic,silvestre) then it could have been a very different score because if you look at the goals that kaka scored at Old Trafford - rio and vidic would have never let that happen.(altough, we probably would have still lost because we were shockin at the San Siro).
personally i -and just about everyone else in the lague except for arsenal think that the media are right up their backsides because most presenters are either from london or have played for arsneal.(liverpool the same) So just make sure you cream them in the CL ;)

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Arsenal is my second favorite team behind Milan. I dont like ManU or L'pool and i hate chelsea.

gaizka22 said:
My stand is still the same : ABC : Anyone But Chelsea.

Classic.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
don't like any English team... but i will pick Man Utd ahead of the likes of Chelsea... Arsenal or Liverpool...

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
too many scandlas on rape issue comes from ManU camp-that's a dirty detail,that shadows any football achievements.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Well for me, man utd are my 2nd team after Milan. I watched them play live when they visited Malaysia (it was RVN's first match ever as a red devil). Also got to meet Cantona when he was down promoting some beach soccer thingy a couple of years back.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kuzimoto said:
too many scandlas on rape issue comes from ManU camp-that's a dirty detail,that shadows any football achievements.
but every single one of those issues have been proven to be false(apart from the one that just happened even though the girls freinds have said they were with her all night) also, robin van persie has had a few rape 'issues'

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
I really have a sympthy for Liverpool eventhough there are many haters of Liverpool in this forum....I used to see them all the time when i was a little kid and the fact that my brother is crazy about them i try to support them for his sake.
Reguarding ManU, i hate them. :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
TBH, I'm indifferent towards EPL teams, I like watching the games, but I'm mostly indifferent towards all of them (I kind of liked Arsenal a while back, but that was because I loved Highbury + I was a Bergkamp fan).

About Man U, I think they have a pretty good team, that has a good youth-experience balance, but they still need that final step (the CL) to be again on top of the world. You play nice football, maybe not in the regular basis that Arsenal or Roma do, but I think that you are just behind them in that (alongside other teams, like Barcelona, sometimes us, sometimes Madrid).

Curiosities: My brother has your shirt (00-01 season) (first football shirt I ever tried on, yes it was my brother's but I used it to play some games :tongue: ) + the first goal that Wanchope scored in the EPL was against you, and what a goal (that's the first time I knew there was a team called Manchester United).

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
Very indifferent towards all English teams...but about the top 4:

Liverpool - Just repeating whatever Jorge Valdano said about them.."Put a shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a shit hanging from a stick.." :D

Chelsea - I'm a Jose Mourinho fan, and this was the only reason I used to respect them a bit...but after Jose, I truly dont care..just another English team..

Arsenal - very attractive football, but the biggest Whiners and Hypocrites in the footballing universe...I loath Arsene Wenger...One of my major footballing dreams is that Fabregas would move from Arsenal...then I can hate them to my heart's content

Manchester United - I'm a huge Giggs fan...and my favourite team in England used to be Man Utd. until Fergie kicked (literally) Becks out..Ever since, I've not been very keen on Fergie...the final straw was when CRonaldo joined the club, I just hate the dude...But if CRonaldo leaves one day, I guess United will be back as my fav. English club..

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan: on our day we play much better than arsenal, even the most biased of pundits say so. however, this season we have not played like we can, ronaldo,rooney(twice) scholes,carrick have all been injured this season, added to that tevez wasnt fit for the first 6 weeks, and gary neville(who is one of our best attacking threats despite being a right back) have all been injured, these players were instrumental in the way we played last season, anderson is good but he cant control the midfield like scholes. in terms of the way a team plays, most people in england(except for the utd or arsneal fans) belive that this is correct-> manutd 06/07 > arsenal 07/08 > manutd 07/08. but with scholes coming back in the coming weeks you will start to see us playing better.
BTW, i get the feeling that scholes is a very underated in other countries, what do you all think? i apoligise for asking these questions but im just interested in seeing what other fans - particulary the fans of AC milan (because their my and a lot of utd fans faviorite 'foreign' team.) and because obviously milan are one of the 'elite' european teams. :)

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Scholes is indeed overrated when it comes to international level and the reason might be many but i for one thinks his England career was not as impressive as his club career, if it had been,i think he would have been appreciated much more than what he recieved.
What i really liked(like) about him is his passing skills and his goal scoring habit, i still remember his goal against Everton in 2003 (if am not mistaken)it was a spectacular goal, a screamer from 30 yards.

Btw, how old is he ? it seems forever since he started to play for ManU.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
paul scholes is 33, as someone previously said he times his runs perfectly in the box but nowadays he doesnt do that as often, he controls and dictates the play. someone previously said he never had a good international carrer, well that because he was never in his right position. you might know that the one thing england has lacked for ages is a LM, so he was used thier a lot of the time, scholes --gerrard----lampard----beckham. terrible idea imo because lampard is the most overated player their is, -fantastic at runs into the box and long range shots, but thats it. infact and interesting stat about lampard is that he has scored something like 50 deflected goals in his chelski carrer.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i have also just been looking on the internet, and it appears that he is popular in spain, apparently, zidane has said that scholes was the best cm(creativity wise) hes played against.

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
manutd fan said:
interesting stat about lampard is that he has scored something like 50 deflected goals in his chelski carrer.

U've probably been misled by this statement by Rooney.
“I don’t know who gives and doesn’t give these goals,” he said. “Over the last three years, Frank Lampard has had about 50 deflected goals and never had one took off him. I’ve had one deflected goal and had it took off me, so maybe they need to look at the game a bit closer.”

but fact is, according to Guardian, as of October 2006,
"But we have done the necessary on Lampard's five-and-a-bit years at Stamford Bridge, and are surprised - and disappointed - to report that only six of his 73 goals for Chelsea have been deflected: a miserable 8%. If you take away penalties, that rises to just under 10% (six out of 62). Either way, it would seem that Lampard's deflected glory is not as great as the nation's many Frankophobes would have you believe. Still, he's getting better: none of the deflections came in his first two seasons at Stamford Bridge."

I'm no Lampard fan, but he's being unnecessarily crucified about the deflections.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
really? oh well i stand corrected then :) i was actualy basing that statement on a report that i found on a barcelona forum. however im sure that that stat is incorect, i have lost count of the amount of times i have shouted at the tv 'you lucky b*****d!' but if the report that you said is correct then obviously i take my comment back. i dont want to sound biased do i? :head:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
i have lost count of the amount of times i have shouted at the tv 'you lucky b*****d!'

Based on the above stats i dont think you could have done it more than 6 times ;)

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
manutd fan said:
but every single one of those issues have been proven to be false(apart from the one that just happened even though the girls freinds have said they were with her all night) also, robin van persie has had a few rape 'issues'

there's no smoke without a fire,remember?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kuzimoto said:
there's no smoke without a fire,remember?
yer i no, its a shame if its true because not only will he put the name Man Utd to shame, but also, if its found that hes guilty and somehow escapes prison, then he will have ruined his carrer because fergie will get shot of him, johny evans is an excellent prospect-manutd fans rate him higher than pique, he just needs experience which he is now getting at sunderland.lets hope its just a girl wanting her 15 mins of fame eh? ;)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
manutd fan said:
BTW, i get the feeling that scholes is a very underated in other countries, what do you all think? i apoligise for asking these questions but im just interested in seeing what other fans - particulary the fans of AC milan (because their my and a lot of utd fans faviorite 'foreign' team.) and because obviously milan are one of the 'elite' european teams. :)
Scholes is very underrated. During those treble days he was overshadowed by Becks’glamour and swinging pass from the right, Giggs high profile and goal vs Arsenal, Keano’s grit, Cole/Yorke/Sheringham/Ole combo (God! They're equally deadly), Stam’s towering in defense and Schemeichel’s commanding presence. But for me he was ManU’s engine. IMO in his heydays, he is better than Lampard or Gerrard. Someone mentioned that his international career is not as impressive as his club achievement but that aside, no english player has had any successful international team career in the last 25 years since WC 90 :D

Using a Milan perspective, he is half Gattuso and half Pirlo, more like Ambrosini. Can pass and tackle equally good. Although Scholes scored more goals than Ambrosini (can someone confirm this?).

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
Even though I don't like them I gotta give the club the respect they deserve...

I hated it last season how everyone other than us milanista.....were going about the fact that manc was gon beat us ...

but anyways...maybe that's the reason I hate mancs.....whichever match they are involved in ppl expect manchester to win no matter what..

*shakes head*

Schedule