Week 35: Milan - Bologna 06/05/2019 20:30 CET

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If we win all our games we make 4th, 100%

No way Atalanta get 4 points from lazio away and juve away (their cup finals 4 days before juve game)

Cant see roma winning all of genoa A, JUVE H, sassuolo A

Roma and Atalanta will probably drop points but barring a miracle we will never win our final 4 games. We are so bad at the moment we could lose the lot.

4th is gone in my opinion.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
giphy.gif

#believein4th

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donna
Conti/Abate - Zap - Cal - Laxalt

——Baka —- Biglia——————-

Samu —-Paqueta——-Borini

————Piatek———————

Biggest problem we have is a lack of runners creating space on the pitch . Hakan and Suso on the wings with RR left back has meant negligible off the ball runs.

Samu has had some good games at RW and he’s been played Out of position mostly after that . He gives us movement and pace atleast .

Borini will atleast run and press them non stop which is what we need instead of static Hakan .

Biglia Baka and Paqueta are capable of moving the ball around quicker and beating their man (not so much Biglia but he has a good passing range)

Kessié is just a fucking massive brainfart who fucks up so many build ups due to his empty brain . Suso no need to say anything and while Hakan I still believe isn’t a bad player but isn’t cut out for SerieA. Needs to go to a league where he gets more space and teammates who actually run and Create space off the ball

:thumbsup:
I'm not sure if leaving out Hakan and Kessie is the best choice, or if Biglia is physically up to par, but speed and workrate need to be prioritized at the front. No Suso.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Great opening post Hitchens.
My one and only visit to watch the team this season. I hope I can bring the luck you and Necro brought against Lazio in the league.

Forza Milan!!!!

Come on bro! You can do this!

Remember to write a report of your experience :)

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Please God.

Sky - Towards Milan-Bologna: 4-3-1-2 possible with Suso excluded

News provided by Sky Sport on its online portal. According to colleagues, among the training hypotheses to face Bologna there is also the passage from 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2. Gattuso could repropose Paquetà as a playmaker and then behind the points, Piatek and Cutrone, in an array that would exclude Suso. The Spaniard is falling and could stay out on Monday night.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
There will be no Alessio, he is suspended for one match due to the red card for clapping 30 metres away from the ref.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There will be no Alessio, he is suspended for one match due to the red card for clapping 30 metres away from the ref.

Zapata will have to do. 3 points or season is over which it would mean Gattuso has to be sacked after the game.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Would it make a difference if he was 18 meters away from the ref? Not sure what relevance the meters has. The red was for clapping.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Zapata will have to do. 3 points or season is over which it would mean Gattuso has to be sacked after the game.

Our season already over. Why torture ourselves any longer? I look forward who will be our next coach.

Please no more fucking noob coach :fp:

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Come on bro! You can do this!

Remember to write a report of your experience :)

Was hoping we'd be in better form going into this game. But hopefully Monday night will be the turning point for a final push for 4th place. Yes we can do this!!!

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

Milan will reportedly sacrifice Suso in their next match so Lucas Paqueta can play further forward.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso will go with Paqueta behind Krzysztof Piatek and Patrick Cutrone in a three-pronged attack against Bologna next Monday.

The newspaper adds that has implications for Suso, who will be dropped to make way for the ex-Flamengo midfielder.

The Spaniard has scored just one goal since November, while the Rossoneri have fallen out of Serie A’s top four after a run of only one win in seven games.

That's pretty positive. Now if only we'd play Caldara with Zapata or Musacchio at the back:

Gigio
Abate Caldara Zapata Rodriguez
Kessie Bakayoko Calhanoglu
Paqueta
Cutrone Piatek

Or push Calhanoglu further forward for 4-2-fantasia! Aren't the rumours going around that Leo is choosing the tactics?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Looked like the players were given a hell of a workout @ Milanello today. Hopefully they realize what's at stake and wins these last four games.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
If we win the last 4 games we will probably get Top 4. But I think the chances of winning the last 4 are really quite low.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see the stats on games won after a Serie A ritiro.

A resounding win against Bologna could go a long way here. I haven't lost total hope yet.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
After the last ritiro, we played out a timid draw iirc. I could be wrong though.

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Really hope we come out all guns blazing after ritiro. Probably just wishful thinking though.
This Bakayoko fiasco certainly has helped.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
It's looking more and more likely that we'll see Paqueta behind Piatek and Cutrone for this game.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Probable XI vs. Bologna (4-3-1-2), according to GdS:

Donnarumma; Abate, Zapata, Musacchio, Rodriguez; Kessié, Biglia, Çalhanoglu; Paquetá; Cutrone, Piatek.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Milan will reportedly sacrifice Suso in their next match so Lucas Paqueta can play further forward.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso will go with Paqueta behind Krzysztof Piatek and Patrick Cutrone in a three-pronged attack against Bologna next Monday.

The newspaper adds that has implications for Suso, who will be dropped to make way for the ex-Flamengo midfielder.

The Spaniard has scored just one goal since November, while the Rossoneri have fallen out of Serie A’s top four after a run of only one win in seven games.

That's pretty positive. Now if only we'd play Caldara with Zapata or Musacchio at the back:

Gigio
Abate Caldara Zapata Rodriguez
Kessie Bakayoko Calhanoglu
Paqueta
Cutrone Piatek

Or push Calhanoglu further forward for 4-2-fantasia! Aren't the rumours going around that Leo is choosing the tactics?

Dont really care who we are playing at the back. Zapata, musacchio, abate or even rr. All i want to see is a goal or two. These past month watching milan attacking even worse than chievo

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Probable XI vs. Bologna (4-3-1-2), according to GdS:

Donnarumma; Abate, Zapata, Musacchio, Rodriguez; Kessié, Biglia, Çalhanoglu; Paquetá; Cutrone, Piatek.

Only time we actually looked decent in the past two months was the 20 minutes we played this formation before Paqueta’s injury.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Zapata, who the club hasn't renewed and want to take a pay-cut preferred over Caldara who was excellent in his only recent appearance.

I guess Bakayoko dropped for running out of gas on his way to training. I don't know if it's the best time for that kind of punishment when Biglia has looked like a total liability recently and a result is really needed.

Happy with the front line though.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
This Game is a 110% win

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Schedule