The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
wonder how many games of his you've seen in the past year.. will be interesting to see what you think about him in a year or so

Verdi another one that turned out to be really good, I imagine hes only gonna improve at a bigger team with better players, just like cristante will

Cristante is pretty good but I can't glame management in that scenario as he demanded more playing time and ran off to Benfica where he barely played. He's a good player but we will see what he does at a bigger club. Quite a few Atalanta products take dips when they move to bigger clubs.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Renewing Bona with raise to continue relying on him as LCM would destroy whatever hope was left for this management.

"We shouldn't strengthen Juve!" .......:lol::lol:

Bona is Cuadrado without athleticism.
Pjanic without vision and tempo.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonaventura is just an average player. He will never be a top player. Too slow for a winger, too hurried with his shooting, too many mistakes overall. He dont shine in 1 thing. Jack of all trades, master of none

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Cristante is a 2 year loan at 5m followed by an obligation to buy at 25m.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
This is based on a hunch, but Cristante will peter out. Verdi is the real deal.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
wonder how many games of his you've seen in the past year.. will be interesting to see what you think about him in a year or so

Verdi another one that turned out to be really good, I imagine hes only gonna improve at a bigger team with better players, just like cristante will

Goodfella's comparison of Cristante to Kessie was the most accurate description of both players abilities.

Cristante lacks that presence needed to be part of an elite midfield to dominate it in a certain way.

You can do that in different ways, whether that be through being able to cover ground and defend and attack, being very resistant to pressing and able to keep the ball under pressure, dictating the tempo of the game through controlling ala Pirlo or Xavi, or being a passer who can kill teams that way.

Cristante is not press resistant, his passing is basic, he does not cover huge amounts of ground or is a presence defensively, and he does not dictate the tempo of the game. He is like Nocerino in that sense, where he completely vacates the midfield, ends up in the box and due to good shooting technique and admittedly good instincts will score goals.

He has been playing a free role as well for Atalanta so has not had to do midfield work. I wouldn't pay more than 15 to 20 million and to me his level is that of a squad player. I rate Barella as a genuine well rounded midfielder far higher than Cristante.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
If we kick all the Italians out... wot will become of:

italian%2Bphilharmonic%2Borchesta.jpg

Last edited:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Diario Goal: Dani Ceballos is quoted as telling Sergio Ramos that he is going to Milan.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Bonaventura is just an average player. He will never be a top player. Too slow for a winger, too hurried with his shooting, too many mistakes overall. He dont shine in 1 thing. Jack of all trades, master of none

I would say that only his dribbling is elite but he doesn't have the passing ability or the speed to take advantage of that one elite trait. He would be fine at his current salary, no raise and coming off the bench.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Diario Goal: Dani Ceballos is quoted as telling Sergio Ramos that he is going to Milan.

That be such a great move. Covers a need and fits the profile.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Haven't really seen him a lot to form an opinion. What kind of midfielder is he?

Plays a bit like Modric, compared to him because neither one is a great finisher but they are so active during the game that they can sometimes dominate and not show up on the scoresheet at all. Constantly active in the mid, good passing and dribbling skills, can definitely set the tempo. I think he has the potential to be very very good. Definitely adds elements that we are missing in our mid.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Plays a bit like Modric, compared to him because neither one is a great finisher but they are so active during the game that they can sometimes dominate and not show up on the scoresheet at all. Constantly active in the mid, good passing and dribbling skills, can definitely set the tempo. I think he has the potential to be very very good. Definitely adds elements that we are missing in our mid.

So he could play in Bonaventura's position?

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Congrats to cristante. Was always destined for great things. He was the most impressive primavera player I have seen in the last few years including Donna and cutrone. The people trolling young Italians in Milan were wrong then and they're wrong now. Bryan deserves playing time and we fucked it. He would be an even better player now if we had played him and we obviously would have been better off developing our Primavera captain.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Yes. Easily. I saw him mostly play LCM at Betis when they played a 5-3-2, saw a few of him games and he looked like a real talent. No idea how he performed at Madrid in his very limited time.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Congrats to cristante. Was always destined for great things. He was the most impressive primavera player I have seen in the last few years including Donna and cutrone. The people trolling young Italians in Milan were wrong then and they're wrong now. Bryan deserves playing time and we fucked it. He would be an even better player now if we had played him and we obviously would have been better off developing our Primavera captain.

Napoli is said to have offered 18M for Darmian

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

If Bonaventura unfortunately stays then he would keep Ceballos benched. Are we talking dry loan or are Real getting rid. Unfortunately Ceballos is the wrong profile for us at the moment.

Plays a bit like 'Modric' that was :lol:

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Bonaventura unfortunately stays then he would keep Ceballos benched. Are we talking dry loan or are Real getting rid. Unfortunately Ceballos is the wrong profile for us at the moment.

Plays a bit like 'Modric' that was :lol:

"Clearly, Madrid see Ceballos as a long-term replacement for 31 year old Luka Modric...also because of the similarities in his game to that of Modric. Neither player scores or assists much, but their ability to link the play and break opponents’ shape with clever passing and ball retention are nonetheless crucial to their teams. He’s unlikely to ever become a goalscoring midfielder or classic playmaker but his output is similar to Modric in the sense that he retains the ball well and moves the opposition around with clever passing and movement."

"One of Ceballos’ great qualities. It is the main reason for Zidane’s interest in the player, who he sees as a long-term replacement for Luka Modric. In fact, Ceballos said himself in an interview with AS in March 2017 that his style “is similar to that of Modric”."

Found those quotes within seconds, so it's not only myself who sees him being able to play that role. I don't think he has the vision of Modric yet but I do think he's more dynamic going forward. Their effect on the game is similar though.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
"Clearly, Madrid see Ceballos as a long-term replacement for 31 year old Luka Modric...also because of the similarities in his game to that of Modric. Neither player scores or assists much, but their ability to link the play and break opponents’ shape with clever passing and ball retention are nonetheless crucial to their teams. He’s unlikely to ever become a goalscoring midfielder or classic playmaker but his output is similar to Modric in the sense that he retains the ball well and moves the opposition around with clever passing and movement."

"One of Ceballos’ great qualities. It is the main reason for Zidane’s interest in the player, who he sees as a long-term replacement for Luka Modric. In fact, Ceballos said himself in an interview with AS in March 2017 that his style “is similar to that of Modric”."

Found those quotes within seconds, so it's not only myself who sees him being able to play that role. I don't think he has the vision of Modric yet but I do think he's more dynamic going forward. Their effect on the game is similar though.

That clearly worked out then when the opinion one season later would a total contrast. Kovacic > Ceballos and he can't even get much game time 3 years in.

Young player needs regular game time to develop. If Jack stays, can't see Ceballos getting many starts.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ceballos, Depay, and a #9 would be a great mercato

I think this would be assuming Suso leaves? Still leaves us light in the winger department...I know Callejon is older but if he came at a low price, he adds a lot of speed, clever runs and is a good decision maker. I think he would add some dyanism lacking with Suso.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That clearly worked out then when the opinion one season later would a total contrast. Kovacic > Ceballos and he can't even get much game time 3 years in.

Young player needs regular game time to develop. If Jack stays, can't see Ceballos getting many starts.

I'm not disagreeing, my opinion was formed by his years with Betis, I admitted to not seeing him much/at all with Madrid.

Do you rate Jack? I would rather give those minutes to a player like Ceballos.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this would be assuming Suso leaves? Still leaves us light in the winger department...I know Callejon is older but if he came at a low price, he adds a lot of speed, clever runs and is a good decision maker. I think he would add some dyanism lacking with Suso.

I hope he leaves and I agree Callejon would be a cheap depth option

iirc Ceballos has played out wide in the past

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing, my opinion was formed by his years with Betis, I admitted to not seeing him much/at all with Madrid.

Do you rate Jack? I would rather give those minutes to a player like Ceballos.

No, I've been complaining about average Jack for about 3 seasons. I want us to sign a quality LCM but unfortunately Ceballos is not the right player at this time.

I don't share Mirabelli's taste in players either tbf :)

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Looks like Cristante is a 2 year loan at 5m followed by an obligation to buy at 25m.

This is exactly how we should be structuring our deals this summer given our lack of funds. Mirabelli take note.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Suso leaves then I would guess Callejon is his replacement.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can Dani play as a LCM? I've always seen him as more of a Spanish-style regista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule