The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Mirabelli spent 40m on Silva and 30M on Kali....

You are telling me we couldn't have added a bit more to close deal for Auba who would be perfect for us? Mismanaged.

Dollar at 6.5m per is an absolute joke. We should have sold him last year when the offers were good. Now we need to wait and hope Dollar improves again that way top teams want to buy him again for 100m plus. We have Reina at 3.5m and Dollar at 6.5m per year... :fp::fp::fp::fp:

I still think we had a solid mercato last year since we upgraded most lines but he panicked at the end and instead of buying a LW to close Mercato he spent 30m on fucking Kalinic :thumbsdown:

Our biggest weakness is zero creativity in midfield and no speed on the wings.

I will wait and see how the squad looks at the end of summer mercato.

If we spent huge money on Morata... :fp::fp::fp::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

He is NOT an improvement over Cutrone/Silva/Bacca/Kali

We need a top bomber and he is shite.

Depay is good but not WC on the wings... considering we aren't in CL he's as good as we can hope for so not too shabby.

Ceballos would allow us to play 4-2-3-1 and Chala can play CAM.

My dream signing is Chiesa for RW. Would fit in perfectly.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Cutrone over Morata for me.

If Morata is our idea of a top striker, I'd much rather that money went to the wings.

tenor.gif

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo

Morata is more experienced but the numbers speak for themselves.

You can make an argument Cutrone is better than Morata already which should tell you everything you need to know.

If we sell Kali, Silva, and Bacca then I feel a bit better about buying Morata but nothing over 40-50m.

We need to focus on fixing the wings and midfield before buying CF.

It won't matter how good our CF is if midfield is shite and wings are slow as fuck.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli spent 40m on Silva and 30M on Kali....

You are telling me we couldn't have added a bit more to close deal for Auba who would be perfect for us? Mismanaged.

Dollar at 6.5m per is an absolute joke. We should have sold him last year when the offers were good. Now we need to wait and hope Dollar improves again that way top teams want to buy him again for 100m plus. We have Reina at 3.5m and Dollar at 6.5m per year... :fp::fp::fp::fp:

I still think we had a solid mercato last year since we upgraded most lines but he panicked at the end and instead of buying a LW to close Mercato he spent 30m on fucking Kalinic :thumbsdown:

Our biggest weakness is zero creativity in midfield and no speed on the wings.

I will wait and see how the squad looks at the end of summer mercato.

If we spent huge money on Morata... :fp::fp::fp::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

He is NOT an improvement over Cutrone/Silva/Bacca/Kali

We need a top bomber and he is shite.

Depay is good but not WC on the wings... considering we aren't in CL he's as good as we can hope for so not too shabby.

Ceballos would allow us to play 4-2-3-1 and Chala can play CAM.

My dream signing is Chiesa for RW. Would fit in perfectly.

I think Arsenal and Torino were both trying to fleece us and Morata didn't want to come.

IMO, we probably spent our winger /cf money on Bonucci. We already had Musacchio and still had Paletta (though they aren't great, would have been more than enough for Serie A and EL). But once we spent the Bonucci money, Mirabelli went panic mode because Keita rejected us and we still needed a "proven" CF

I hope he's learned from that mercato and has a plan. Signing a bunch of players because the squad needed work last summer can be excused, but signing a number of gambles like he did last season again should see him fired.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand what goes through the brains of people that want morata

my guess is hating milan.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Imagine spending 70 mil on Morata when you could go for a good forward instead :monto:

The thought of gambling on Morata disgusts me

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Morata is more experienced but the numbers speak for themselves.

You can make an argument Cutrone is better than Morata already which should tell you everything you need to know.

If we sell Kali, Silva, and Bacca then I feel a bit better about buying Morata but nothing over 40-50m.

We need to focus on fixing the wings and midfield before buying CF.

It won't matter how good our CF is if midfield is shite and wings are slow as fuck.

I wanted morata last summer, now not so much. but arguing that cutrone is better than morata is imo ridiculous. Football is not all about stats, cutrone has 10 goals yes and its good for a debut season but his involvement in the build-up play is almost nonexistent.

Morata has everything except finishing. Obviously as a striker that is the most important thing, but his lack of finishing is more due to him having a weak mentality. In the right environment he could explode.

Anyways i agree that we overall need to upgrade the midfield and wingers before blowing all our money on a cf that isn’t world class. But well see what mirabellis does

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not as if we have 20 mil to spare to take gambles like that, the fact that he's better in a one-off game compared to a player who has proven to be a high level performer in Serie in the last few seasons seems irrelevant in that respect.
Mind you, I wouldn't go for Mertens either, he seems too dependent on his false 9 position in the Sarri system to really be able to manifest himself as a top player. As a winger he's good to have in your team, but not a great player to lift the team to a higher level. His next season under Ancelotti will be important to see whether he will cement his place or not, I'm not so sure he will.

Each season we gamble...I’d rather go for a 20mil game than a 38mil gamble.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Arsenal and Torino were both trying to fleece us and Morata didn't want to come.

IMO, we probably spent our winger /cf money on Bonucci. We already had Musacchio and still had Paletta (though they aren't great, would have been more than enough for Serie A and EL). But once we spent the Bonucci money, Mirabelli went panic mode because Keita rejected us and we still needed a "proven" CF

I hope he's learned from that mercato and has a plan. Signing a bunch of players because the squad needed work last summer can be excused, but signing a number of gambles like he did last season again should see him fired.

Good post :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wanted morata last summer, now not so much. but arguing that cutrone is better than morata is imo ridiculous. Football is not all about stats, cutrone has 10 goals yes and its good for a debut season but his involvement in the build-up play is almost nonexistent.

Morata has everything except finishing. Obviously as a striker that is the most important thing, but his lack of finishing is more due to him having a weak mentality. In the right environment he could explode.

Anyways i agree that we overall need to upgrade the midfield and wingers before blowing all our money on a cf that isn’t world class. But well see what mirabellis does

That’s the thing, we used same argument last summer to sign Kalinic. “More involved in build up, with our team we would give him more service than Fiorentina he should be able to score”.

We need to sign a cf with the characteristics of putting away chances. A more involved cf isn’t going to get us more chances

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

In my view, there are several factors:

1) He played for Real Madrid and Juve
2) He can move well
3) He's a decent looking guy (Qaas's post notwithstanding)

I know 3 sounds ridiculous, but I would be curious to know how forgiving people would be of Andre Silva if he looked like, say, Kalinic. No offense to Kalinic, of course. I do think 3 factors into it more than we think.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Imagine spending 70 mil on Morata when you could go for a good forward instead :monto:

The thought of gambling on Morata disgusts me

I can't eat anything for days now because the thought of Mirabelli signing Morata for 70 million makes me throw everything right back up

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

2) He can move well

I know 3 sounds ridiculous, but I would be curious to know how forgiving people would be of Andre Silva if he looked like, say, Kalinic. No offense to Kalinic, of course. I do think 3 factors into it more than we think.

Makes a lot of sense actually.

People were much harsher with Bacca and he actually scored for us

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
That’s the thing, we used same argument last summer to sign Kalinic. “More involved in build up, with our team we would give him more service than Fiorentina he should be able to score”.

We need to sign a cf with the characteristics of putting away chances. A more involved cf isn’t going to get us more chances

This debate was more on who is better of the two, cutrone and morata... do you think that cutrone is better than morata?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i know we couldnt trust any iranian player for a club like milan but this one had a good season
Alireza Jahanbakhsh
33 games
21 goals
12 assists
78 key passes
111 successful dribbles

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alireza-jahanbakhsh/profil/spieler/213268

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mentioned this guy recently in here. I like him. He's strong and can use both feet. Great shot and cross.
But I would be vary because this is his first great season and he doesn't have experience in one of the top leagues.
Napoli are heavily linked with him. They want him to replace Callejon

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This debate was more on who is better of the two, cutrone and morata... do you think that cutrone is better than morata?

If you take price and salary into consideration then it's no question. Cutrone hands down

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

2) He can move well

Nr 3 doesn’t make sense unless you think the majority of milan fans are either female or homosexuals.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TMW - Kalinic sul mercato, tre club di Bundesliga interessate. Il croato deciderà dopo il Mondiale

If there is a god he will take kalinic to a place far far away from milan.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Morata wants out, Chelsea wants him out. He had a down year we should get him at a massive discount. I can see him going for 40+ bonuses if Atletico don't swoop in because thats the only team i see going for him. Maaaaaybe Juve

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Nr 3 doesn’t make sense unless you think the majority of milan fans are either female or homosexuals.

It's a marketability thing too.

Let's say A. Silva had an incredible season. Like 20+.

He has all the ingredients to make a lot of money for us.

But the football has to work too.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Silva will make a great instagram influencer.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Id rather have Silva with his 2 goals per season than Alvaro Morata tbh. And I really do not like Silva.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Kluivert is close to Roma and Hamsik heading to China according to Di Marzio.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

But the football has to work too.

I do agree, but its footballing ability FIRST and the looks is just a bonus... prime examples are modric and kante

You basically wrote that we would criticise andre silva more had he looked like kalinic, which imo isn’t right. Age + him not being used to serie a is what makes some people defend him. On the other hand there was Matri, whose looks didn’t take him anywhere and was being criticised left and right.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you take price and salary into consideration then it's no question. Cutrone hands down

Cutrone costing us 0 and having low wages doesn’t make him the BETTER player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule