Official: Matteo Gabbia Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Oct 19, 1999 --- #46
DIBda8LXYAASqY-.jpg:large

https://www.instagram.com/matteo_gabbia16/

Debut vs KF Shkëndija :thumbsup:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Not much about this dude .. still 18
but here some actions from him taken from Italy U19 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Wish he will be shine at the primary team .. Good luck Matteo :star:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Who the fook is this guy?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Is this the guy who's a regista who can play CB too? I liked his style on the ball yesterday.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Who the fook is this guy?

Bug talent. As some said defensive mid who can play CB. He's one to watch. Also Montella seems to like him he's been training with the senior squad for a while and he gets called up for many games.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We have Locatelli still developing and now we have Gabbia. Hopefully Gabbia could also play as right/left CM leaving Locatelli plays as regista.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
It’s important for the fans and him to not do a 'Rodrigo Ely'

You know when you see someone being the best defender in the world in preseason?

.. And then the actual season begin.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
who is his agent?

Tranfermarkt says one thing, Milan fans say something else.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
A good performance against Benfica, looks confident at the back. Hope to see more of him this season, maybe Coppa?

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
time for some serie a minutes for this young man

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
time for some serie a minutes for this young man

agreed. whats the point of trying musacchio time and time again, we're already at rock bottom

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I thought he was pretty calm, I'm impressed. That run shows his inexperience tho, give the boy more opportunities. He cant become worse than Kjaer or Musa.

Musa is very good but he's limited by his physique, this guy is tall and seems pretty strong.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought he was pretty calm, I'm impressed. That run shows his inexperience tho, give the boy more opportunities. He cant become worse than Kjaer or Musa.

Musa is very good but he's limited by his physique, this guy is tall and seems pretty strong.

Let`s be real, we had way worse CBs the last decade, there are better CBs but also way worse.
Musa is a bit unfortunate to share his stint at the club with Roma, next to a more physical playing CB his talents would look much better.

Gabbia could turn into anything from decent CB to Serie C defender. He played well tonight though, so there is hope.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pioli preferred him over Caldara and now over Mussacchio.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Pioli preferred him over Caldara and now over Mussacchio.

Musa felt pain during the warmup and ruled himself out when Kjaer was injured. People are reading way too much into this, the sole reason Gabbia made an appearance tonight is because he literally was the only option available.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Musa felt pain during the warmup and ruled himself out when Kjaer was injured. People are reading way too much into this, the sole reason Gabbia made an appearance tonight is because he literally was the only option available.

Oh alright that makes more sense. I still think Pioli and the management rate him as a prospect.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan defender Matteo Gabbia enjoyed his Serie A debut in the 1-0 win against Torino on Monday night and thanked his teammates for the support.

The 20-year-old defender came on when Simon Kjaer had to be substituted before the break, but claimed he remained “calm” when called upon by coach Stefano Pioli.

Gabbia had only played eight minutes in the Coppa Italia previously, but now he is looking ahead and hopes to be involved against Fiorentina at the weekend.

“My grandparents, who have a subscription at the Milanello to watch me train, will surely be happy,” Gabbia told Sky Sport Italia. “I tried to do my best.

“The club decided to take this path with me. I thank my teammates a lot. They helped me grow.

“Let’s see if I will play against Fiorentina. I try to improve every day; I do what the coach asks of me. The training helped me a lot. Now, let’s see what happens.

“I will enjoy tonight, but then I will go back to the hard work tomorrow.”

“I try to learn from Kjaer and Romagnoli. They can teach me a lot. Seein [Paolo] Maldini, [Alessandro] Nesta and Thiago Silva helped me. When Pioli called me, I was calm.”

He continued to thank his teammates and pointed out how important the first-team coach Filippo Galli had been to help him develop.

“I had worked well during all these months. When you enter the pitch, it all depends on you,” he added. “I have to thank my teammates.

“[Zlatan] Ibrahimovic congratulated me. It’s not a lot of words, but the compliments given are enough for me,

“Filippo Galli was important for me, to help me change from midfield to defence. When you make such a transition at a young age, it’s difficult to interpret, but now you can see the results.”

Keep it Gabbia

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Please be worthy.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

“My grandparents, who have a subscription at the Milanello to watch me train, will surely be happy,” Gabbia told Sky Sport Italia. “I tried to do my best.

Didnt know this was a thing

*Adds to his list if dream comes true of retiring in / near Milan

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Please prove yourself further and kick Mussachio out in the Summer.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
I think he did alright yesterday. Hope he can be a reliable back up in future.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I think he has been better than people are giving him credit for. He reads the game well, but needs to get more physical and gain experience.

Whether Frosinone go up or not, I would love to see him get loaned there next season. Playing for Nesta and getting consistent game time would be huge for him.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This guy is very tricky imo, he is one of those defenders that will mature late in his career, but to do that he needs a lot of trial and error games and I don't know if Milan can afford to give it to him.

I'm conflicted because I feel he can become a very good defender one day, just not very soon.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
he is one of those defenders that will mature late in his career

ah so you are an oracle or psychic? as he is 20 years old now, then maybe he will mature by age 30? so let's loan for 10 years as this guys chances of being a great defender in 2-3 years is seemingly already doomed by you ;)