Week 21: AC Milan (1) vs Napoli (2) - Saturday 21/01/2017 - 20:45 CET

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
might have lost the 3rd spot today

Yes, don't see us getting it now unfortunately.

Great second half performance, up until the last 15 minutes or so.

Abate and Bonaventura were the two stand out performers .

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Despite all the positives this loss really hurt.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this proves we are better than last season

As I said, the first 11 could get 3rd

The squad cant

and football is a squad game

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
bad loss for us. whoever our opponents are it always hurt to lose at san siro.
it is the second straight game that we gifted the opening 30 minutes to our opponents. this must stop. we cannot always overturn things. I don't know why we seem so lost on the pitch at the beginning of matches.
anyway it is still good that we can fight back and play good football against one of the top teams in the league like Napoli.
crucial week for us coming up. win ladri because we just don't need any actual reason to beat them and then away game to udinese is a must-win. we must return to winning ways in the league asap cause a tough schedule is ahead of us.
no more gifts.
FORZA MILAN!

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Apart from the terrible first 10 minutes, the ineffective last 10 minutes we were good and should have at least got a draw. With better players who have composure we would have at least got a draw here. Onwards and upwards.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella instructing Bonaventura to drop deeper in the second half turned our game around. I noticed often Pasalic much further up the pitch than Bonaventura, like they basically swapped positions. This for me is the proof that Bonaventura has to play in the midfield. He is integral in that position for us. If we had a proper winger and Bona started from CM, we wouldn't have lost that game.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
With a lil bit of luck we could have draw this game. Hopefully the China money is real, and we won't really on luck in the near future, we would add it in the form of more quality players.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
thing is, players like sosa, pasalic and bertolacci arent that bad. They would be ok with a WC midfielder like Veratti, its just when they play together, they all are limited

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So milan lost again...

bugs-bunny-rides-again-o.gif

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
bad loss for us. whoever our opponents are it always hurt to lose at san siro.
it is the second straight game that we gifted the opening 30 minutes to our opponents. this must stop. we cannot always overturn things. I don't know why we seem so lost on the pitch at the beginning of matches.
anyway it is still good that we can fight back and play good football against one of the top teams in the league like Napoli.
crucial week for us coming up. win ladri because we just don't need any actual reason to beat them and then away game to udinese is a must-win. we must return to winning ways in the league asap cause a tough schedule is ahead of us.
no more gifts.
FORZA MILAN!

actually most of the games has been like that for us. we play very bad in the first half but only recently we are getting punished for it.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
actually most of the games has been like that for us. we play very bad in the first half but only recently we are getting punished for it.

True, i hope montella get his tactics and motivation speeches earlier.
from our team, i think bonaventura, Durarumma and maybe susu and Abate would cut it in good teams, the rest are average at best, especially bacca.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

yes I agree. it is not the first time and is not happening just recently.
we played many games like that especially in away games but this does not mean that we should continue this behavior.
we can turn things around against chievo or empoli but against big teams the match is decided on details. it is a shame for all our good work to be gifting the opening 20-30 minutes to our opponents.
I hope we can improve on this

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Bonaventura - Lapadula - Deulofeu
Bertolacci - Locatelli - Kucka
DeS/Anto - Romagnoli - Paletta - Abate
Donnarumma

Schedule