The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Apparently we are in constant communication with Conte and close to somethng but nothing will change till summer
Oh shut up montella fanboy.
Why don't you stick cheering for montella.
Go give him more time... he need it, right?

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who are you?

tenor.gif

now you remember him?

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
I really don't know if this was posted before, but The New York Times wrote a long "investigation"-ish article (dated 17Nov2017) about the new owner of the club, his shady deals , businesses and trust funds, and as you can guess, things look dark and not in a good way

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/business/dealbook/china-soccer-acmilan-ownership.html

(off-topic: newspapers like the washington post and ny times have some really good journalism; those bastards work like fucking FBI when they find the right story for them, and any democracy would be bessed with these kinds of newspapers nomatter the hate they get from their ennemies)

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In hindsight, Montella didn't really do much better than Miha, except for the fact that we played better football sometimes. But both of them would have just barely qualified for europa

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really don't know if this was posted before, but The New York Times wrote a long "investigation"-ish article (dated 17Nov2017) about the new owner of the club, his shady deals , businesses and trust funds, and as you can guess, things look dark and not in a good way

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/business/dealbook/china-soccer-acmilan-ownership.html

(off-topic: newspapers like the washington post and ny times have some really good journalism; those bastards work like fucking FBI when they find the right story for them, and any democracy would be bessed with these kinds of newspapers nomatter the hate they get from their ennemies)

:fp::lol::fp::lol::fp::lol:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This new ownership is very mysterious. They are running the club's image through the mud, continuing with Berlusconi's final years of ownership. We have seen our "owner" only once when they had that press conference and never seen or heard from him again. All Fassone and Mirabelli seem to be good at is talking and handshakes. Aside from that everything is pretty bad right now. From ownership down to coach. We will probably have new ownership in a few years or so unless Elliott takes us first haha.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

latest

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score

2 simple questions
#1 if you were a chelsky fan would you have problem with roman obtaining his wealth from shady deals?

#2 how many of you know the story(mafia connections etc) of papa berlu?

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
This new ownership is very mysterious. They are running the club's image through the mud, continuing with Berlusconi's final years of ownership. We have seen our "owner" only once when they had that press conference and never seen or heard from him again. All Fassone and Mirabelli seem to be good at is talking and handshakes. Aside from that everything is pretty bad right now. From ownership down to coach. We will probably have new ownership in a few years or so unless Elliott takes us first haha.

it's so funny that all their adventure looks now like one-shot chance, and it was the last mercato, and they missed it.Anyway, i do think that they will try to refinance the loans with some news bank but even whith that they can't spend money next summer as the last reports coming from UEFA galleries say, they will end up with bigger loses and same results,and they will lose the club after a while, it's just a matter of time, and it proves again that berlusconi wanted to sell milan to any buyer because he started to lose a lot of money during his last years as owner, and he didn't care at all about the club's future.The bright sight is atleast we won't hear things like " i don't want to sell the club because its part of our family traditions" with the chinese owners.
If we are lucky, a bank should sell the club to some investors who will take the opportunity of buying a big club like milan for a cheap price.The other alternative is to put the club on stock markets, otherwise i don't see any light coming from this new ownership!!

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we are heading to 2018 and there are still people believing that someone will just lose his property after spending $1b on it.....

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
2 simple questions
#1 if you were a chelsky fan would you have problem with roman obtaining his wealth from shady deals?

#2 how many of you know the story(mafia connections etc) of papa berlu?

no no, you didn't get what i meant
i don't have any problem with dirty money or shady deals, i like it actually and it gives the club and the management a power of being unpredictable
But the new ownership is shady in a bad way (unpaid loans, limited assets, lying about net worth and businesses) and that's why the closure took a record time, because they don't have enough money and other big chinese investors found the leader too fraudulent, and this is how they ended up with a massive loan from Eliott with no money to pay it.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
we are heading to 2018 and there are still people believing that someone will just lose his property after spending $1b on it.....

So naive :lol:
it happens every year and with even bigger amounts
Even the governement of china lost trillions of $ on ghost cities with no revenues at all.
So because they spent a billion (they didn't, loans make a big share) they can't have failed business? By this logic Lehman Brothers would still exist until today :proud:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it's so funny that all their adventure looks now like one-shot chance, and it was the last mercato, and they missed it.Anyway, i do think that they will try to refinance the loans with some news bank but even whith that they can't spend money next summer as the last reports coming from UEFA galleries say, they will end up with bigger loses and same results,and they will lose the club after a while, it's just a matter of time, and it proves again that berlusconi wanted to sell milan to any buyer because he started to lose a lot of money during his last years as owner, and he didn't care at all about the club's future.The bright sight is atleast we won't hear things like " i don't want to sell the club because its part of our family traditions" with the chinese owners.
If we are lucky, a bank should sell the club to some investors who will take the opportunity of buying a big club like milan for a cheap price.The other alternative is to put the club on stock markets, otherwise i don't see any light coming from this new ownership!!

We aren't making the UCL so it doesn't really matter for now if UEFA doesn't approve. We are probably better off without a year worrying about Europa League either and just focus on Serie A. I think this ownership is banking on putting Milan on the stock market with refinancing and extending their loan. To me it seems like we are following Inter's exact path. Moratti sold to Thohir and he turned around and sold in a few years. They were disappointing after spending so much last year and got an experienced manager that turned it around this season. Hopefully we follow the same path at least on the field.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no no, you didn't get what i meant
i don't have any problem with dirty money or shady deals, i like it actually and it gives the club and the management a power of being unpredictable
But the new ownership is shady in a bad way (unpaid loans, limited assets, lying about net worth and businesses) and that's why the closure took a record time, because they don't have enough money and other big chinese investors found the leader too fraudulent, and this is how they ended up with a massive loan from Eliott with no money to pay it.

Wasn't Li part of a consortium of investors anyway? As far as I know he's just the face behind the money. It doesn't matter if he has money or not personally because the people behind him are the ones with the money.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
where do people go to argue about Milan these days btw? Its like 1 page ever 2 days in here

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
We aren't making the UCL so it doesn't really matter for now if UEFA doesn't approve. We are probably better off without a year worrying about Europa League either and just focus on Serie A. I think this ownership is banking on putting Milan on the stock market with refinancing and extending their loan. To me it seems like we are following Inter's exact path. Moratti sold to Thohir and he turned around and sold in a few years. They were disappointing after spending so much last year and got an experienced manager that turned it around this season. Hopefully we follow the same path at least on the field.

I think that's a realistic scenario
unleast they start to sell our good players ( if there is any :lol:) in the summer to pay back some of the loans and cover the losses

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
where do people go to argue about Milan these days btw? Its like 1 page ever 2 days in here

Argue for what? The teams is losing games now, no argument needed :lol:

And now I am reading about Milan facing exclusion from European competitions? What is next?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Li part of a consortium of investors anyway? As far as I know he's just the face behind the money. It doesn't matter if he has money or not personally because the people behind him are the ones with the money.

Allegedly, but starting not to believe that. Usually you know who is involved in ownership.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
No idea why UEFA acting so tough... although maybe our guys forgot to pay them off like PSG has :lol:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
No idea why UEFA acting so tough... although maybe our guys forgot to pay them off like PSG has :lol:

Probably. UEFA and FIFA are corrupt as hell, all it takes is PSG money to shut them up.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So naive
it happens every year and with even bigger amounts
Even the governement of china lost trillions of $ on ghost cities with no revenues at all.
So because they spent a billion (they didn't, loans make a big share) they can't have failed business? By this logic Lehman Brothers would still exist until today :proud:
No, but their business model certainly wasn't "we qualify for CL or we fucked".

Also, as I said previously, noone would spend all the money they have on a football club.

Football is not a profitable business. You can only buy a club as and addition to your core business.
Football drains revenues, not generates revenues.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Argue for what? The teams is losing games now, no argument needed :lol:

And now I am reading about Milan facing exclusion from European competitions? What is next?

argue just for the sake of arguing. isn't that what we do here?

During mercato, its impossible to keep up with a convo and during the season its impossible to get one started :(

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
No, but their business model certainly wasn't "we qualify for CL or we fucked".

Also, as I said previously, noone would spend all the money they have on a football club.

Football is not a profitable business. You can only buy a club as and addition to your core business.
Football drains revenues, not generates revenues.

True, in majority of times , clubs are a tool to make investors well known, give them credbility and make a name for them in the world of business AS LONG AS THEY HAVE MONEY TO SUPPORT THAT CLUB
Look at abramovic for example, before he bought chelsea few people knew something about him, he was just another greedy oligarch who got rich after the fall of USSR, and stole poor russian people's money, but after he bought and made chelsea a big club, he is now a very well know investor around the globe who everybody wants to deal and invest with .But unlike our owners, abramovic has never had any problems with money, and that's a big part of his reputation.In the other hand, the chinese and even before buying the club, they didn't have enough money to close the deal, and took huge loans with massive interests, but they were relying on some new investors to join the board and pump more money and pay the loans, except that they didn't and even worse the chinese governement put strict restrictions on foreign investement on unprofitable businesses (aka Sports).
So maybe in the begining before buying the club their motto wasn't "we qualify for cl or we fucked", but after all what happened, the motto makes sence more than anything else!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule