------------------Vogel
Grimi--Senderos-----Onyewu---Mattioni
------------------Roma

ez little shield

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ideal formation

----Hakan - Pipita - Suso----
Bakayako - Montolivo - Kessie
Laxalt - Roma - Caldara - Abate
-------------Reina----------------

but grazie mirabelli and fassone for ruining abate + montolivo completely so reality is biglia, dollarumma and fucking musacchio and fucking rodriguez

i cannot recall a time when you were incorrect

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
i cannot recall a time when you were incorrect

idk what beef gattuso and montolivo have but montolivo "not training and being lazy" i dont buy for one minute. montolivo does not seem like that kind of person to me

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
what also upsets me is gattuso's praise for mirabelli. i think gattuso's relations between maldini + leo aren't the greatest. maldini definitely thinks hes an idiot and leo we already know does not like him

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
well..i mean...maldini has been a staunch advocate for rino for almost two decades..hasn't changed since their professional relationship has moved off pitch

uomo di merda?? :D

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well..i mean...maldini has been a staunch advocate for rino for almost two decades..hasn't changed since their professional relationship has moved off pitch

uomo di merda?? :D

did u see that pic where it shows leonardo look at gattuso as like "wtf is he saying" and maldini ironically smiling

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yes i have seen this picture..no i have not correlated this image with a reciprocal sub-narrative placing maldini and gattuso at odds with one another...

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i mean listen i want all three of them to work together and love each other but lets not forget leonardo and gattuso had beef and have conflicting personalities. maldini in the end of the day is on leo's team and has known him longer than he's known gattuso. i hope im wrong, but i sense irony in alot of the things maldini says about gattuso.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dollar will be yet another young talent that got buried at Milan.

We can't afford to play him and lose points from his fuckups.
And we didn't sell him last year when we had a chance to make good money.

Tough shit.

Next in line - Crutone.

Last edited:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Anybody manage to watch any of the training sessions in the last few days to see if Montolivo is fit and training with the rest?

Was the injury thing legit or just a cover up?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Probable lineup according to GDS

b48b47048b6eb823f410c2e4779bd53a.png

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Their front 3 seems good, rest is average. Dont rate de rossi and cristante is no better than kessie

Thanks to atalanta , it doesnt seem like a MUST WIN game to keep up with roma as we have a spare game vs genoa at home. At 6 pts roma and 0 milan it would seem like a win is needed, but since roma have only 4 and looking unconvincing (got lucky to get points from both their games) a draw and a good performance wont be the end of the world for milan

Having said that, I think we have a good chance of winning. We actually played well vs napoli at times, and I was impressed with some of our passing from the back (we overdid it though).

Should be a good game, I am optomistic we can get at least a draw. A win and that would be a very very good start to the season

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Probable lineup according to GDS

b48b47048b6eb823f410c2e4779bd53a.png

So Monto's still frozen out. Mixed feelings about that - I think Biglia is better, but with no cover for Lucas it might be a good idea to re-integrate Montolivo into the squad at least until January. Maybe there is something to the whispers that Rino thinks Monto is lazy and has a bad attitude.

Would prefer Caldara to Musacchio and Reina to Donna but Gattuso did say he was deliberately starting people who did the whole pre-season with him or something to that effect.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^actually I am worried about Cristante and his long range shots and he'll have extra motivation to prove a point.

Still I think we will outscore them - it is a home game after all and we are better.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Monto's still frozen out. Mixed feelings about that - I think Biglia is better, but with no cover for Lucas it might be a good idea to re-integrate Montolivo into the squad at least until January. Maybe there is something to the whispers that Rino thinks Monto is lazy and has a bad attitude.

Would prefer Caldara to Musacchio and Reina to Donna but Gattuso did say he was deliberately starting people who did the whole pre-season with him or something to that effect.

Of all the managers besides Gattuso I trust in Seedorf to be the most honest and real with the players. He also froze out Montolivo.

There's just something wrong with that guy.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Of all the managers besides Gattuso I trust in Seedorf to be the most honest and real with the players. He also froze out Montolivo.

There's just something wrong with that guy.

Yeah must be something really serious if Rino is deliberately leaving out the only true replacement for Biglia, especially when considering Biglia's injury record and the fact that he did not have a proper rest during the summer due to the World Cup.

I guess we just have to pray Biglia's form improves and he stays healthy and fit until the winter.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Monto brings the mentality that Milan is trying to fix. Playing him would be 2 passes backwards and one straight to Roma. It's no surprise at all he's left out.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I obviously agree with both :)

Biglia is much better than what we saw against Napoli. I'm convinced of that the more I think about. In the San Paolo, he was victim of Napolis high extra-pressing for him, and his teammates playing the ball to him when they really shouldn't didn't help him neither.

The 1st goal was the perfect example of that. Musa plays the ball to Bigly while Napoli-players were already running-up into Biglias back. And on top of that, the pass was very sloppy and not accurate at all. Biglia managed to restore the ball with a last tackling from the 1st Naples-player, but got overwhelmed by the second. I really blame the goal 100% on Musa and 0% on Biglia.

And yeah, that's just one situation where Biglia got played unaccurate balls while under pressure at the same time. Since Gattuso insisted in playing it smart from the back and there was no other player like Bonucci who could dictate a play as well, Biglia really was the victim of a lot of bad decisions.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
... and Musa, tbh guys. If Musa is the player we saw against Naples, then I don't see why not starting Caldara outright.

I can see Gattusos logic. Musa has showned some ball-playing-qualities with Valencia. Maybe in training-sessions too. That's why he sees kind of a Bonucci replacement in him. Caldara on the other hand is the better defender over all, has more class, more potential, better positioning...

So unless Musa doesn't step-up his ballplaying game, which would be the case who speaks for him and against Caldara, I don't see why not playing Caldara from the get go and let Musa play the EL/Italian Cups.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
... and Musa, tbh guys. If Musa is the player we saw against Naples, then I don't see why not starting Caldara outright.

I can see Gattusos logic. Musa has showned some ball-playing-qualities with Valencia. Maybe in training-sessions too. That's why he sees kind of a Bonucci replacement in him. Caldara on the other hand is the better defender over all, has more class, more potential, better positioning...

So unless Musa doesn't step-up his ballplaying game, which would be the case who speaks for him and against Caldara, I don't see why not playing Caldara from the get go and let Musa play the EL/Italian Cups.

:thumbsup:

It's probably the thing you mentioned about Musa impressing in training together with the full pre-season he had with the team. Also maybe Gattuso is worried about Caldara being less familiar with a back 4 and not wanting him to lose confidence with a couple of bad games if started before he is ready.

I can't wait to see Caldara in action for us and alongside Ale, and I'm hoping it will be sooner than later.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I obviously agree with both :)

Biglia is much better than what we saw against Napoli. I'm convinced of that the more I think about. In the San Paolo, he was victim of Napolis high extra-pressing for him, and his teammates playing the ball to him when they really shouldn't didn't help him neither.

The 1st goal was the perfect example of that. Musa plays the ball to Bigly while Napoli-players were already running-up into Biglias back. And on top of that, the pass was very sloppy and not accurate at all. Biglia managed to restore the ball with a last tackling from the 1st Naples-player, but got overwhelmed by the second. I really blame the goal 100% on Musa and 0% on Biglia.

And yeah, that's just one situation where Biglia got played unaccurate balls while under pressure at the same time. Since Gattuso insisted in playing it smart from the back and there was no other player like Bonucci who could dictate a play as well, Biglia really was the victim of a lot of bad decisions.

Yes and I think Gattuso knows this as well as he defended Biglia and blamed Musacchio and tore into Bakayoko.

BTW, I'm not sure that was good for Bakayoko as he needed some TLC from Makalele to blossom into a highly-rated player back when he was playing for Monaco. Guess Rino was just frustrated as he was hoping for a few more ready-made top players like Higuain.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Thanks to atalanta , it doesnt seem like a MUST WIN game to keep up with roma

What kind of pussy attitude is this ???? :mad:

If you wanna stay ahead then you better beat them

we're playing at home, so this is a must win!

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probable lineup vs. Roma (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Abate, Caldara, Romagnoli, Ricardo Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu

[Sky]

Hope that the Caldara prediction is true. Abate is a bit of a strange one - can he last the whole match?

Schedule