Milan and the 'Calciopoli' Scandal

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
More specifically, the Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Milan matches against Lazio, Chievo Verona and Bari in February and March 2011 were under investigation, plus games involving Juventus and Inter Milan.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Milan - Bari 1-1 espn report. 72% posession. 24 shots. 7 on goal. (Nesta yellow, Ibra yellow + red; Bentivoglio + Gillet + Rossi yellow)

Chievo - Milan 1-2. (Morero, Rigoni, Cesar yellow. Cesat red; Pato yellow for taking shirt off after winner)

Milan - Lazio 0-0 (Oddo yellow; Kozak Ledesma yellow)

I remember all three clearly. One vs Lazio Zlatan hit the post like 2 times and we dominated them, Kozak went Gabriel on everyone and injured two (or one, which was Leggeotaglie).

Game vs Bari we played horrible till the last 10 minutes when Cassano came in. Zlatan had one of those frustrating games, which was paired up w/ a wrongly dissallowed goal and his send off.

Game vs Chievo we had a bad first half, but we played some really nice football in the second one, Pato scored a great goal from header.

:(. Fucking hell Rino :(.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
This 2012 meeting coincided with the time when Gattuso had that eye problem and was wearing the eye-patch.

But the games in question were all 2011. :conf:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
AC+Milan+v+Udinese+Calcio+Serie+2dF2cjXCUm5l.jpg

That was a fashion statement, nothing more......

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Good news is they cant take any scudettos away, dont have any... bad news is that we're going to second devision.

We have 18. And the last one was won on the season under suspicion. :rolleyes:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
But the games in question were all 2011. :conf:

The initial reports had said the bookie, Bazzani, had physically met Gattuso at Milanello in Feb 2012. Referring to that meeting.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Evidence about the influence over matches looks really weak... I'm surprised it even got leaked to the press so early in the investigation.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Evidence about the influence over matches looks really weak... I'm surprised it even got leaked to the press so early in the investigation.

They've been investigating this for 3 years :lol:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They've been investigating this for 3 years :lol:

I'm talking about those specific matches.
So far they only have the evidence that the bookers tried to influence matches (through phone registers).

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gattuso: "I'm angry and I'm offended.I don't accept shadows casting over my career.I have no idea what it would take to fix a game"

Gattuso: "I would prefer to suicide instead than fixing a game"

Gattuso: "If it is demonstrated that I fixed a game, I would be ready to go out in a square and kill myself. What's the point to live then?"

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Well, listen to this about Gattuso (via @Andysaro ) : the 'fixer' sent him 13 texts to his mobile; Gattuso replies or texts to 'fixer': 0

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Well, listen to this about Gattuso (via @Andysaro ) : the 'fixer' sent him 13 texts to his mobile; Gattuso replies or texts to 'fixer': 0

why would he not respond unless he knew what he was up to?

being silent while knowing of match fixing is still guilty…thats what milan paid for in the calciopoli scandal

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
why would he not respond unless he knew what he was up to?

being silent while knowing of match fixing is still guilty…thats what milan paid for in the calciopoli scandal

I think the implication was that this gentleman who is texting Gattuso is trying to get him to agree to the fix. Gattuso possibly doesn't know who the guy is, or who is involved, nor if it is serious. I wouldn't read too much into that alone.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
As a Milan fan I want Gattuso and Brochi to come out of this OK and with their names clear. As a realist, something obviously went down

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
As a Milan fan I want Gattuso and Brochi to come out of this OK and with their names clear. As a realist, something obviously went down

please, never be my lawyer.. :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I think the implication was that this gentleman who is texting Gattuso is trying to get him to agree to the fix. Gattuso possibly doesn't know who the guy is, or who is involved, nor if it is serious. I wouldn't read too much into that alone.

Even if he had knowledge of an attempt to fix matches and he didnt report it, he will be punished. It won't be sporting fraud and the club wont be affected, but he'll be charged for not reporting.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Even if he had knowledge of an attempt to fix matches and he didnt report it, he will be punished. It won't be sporting fraud and the club wont be affected, but he'll be charged for not reporting.

I suppose I'm playing devils advocate and trying to give Rino the benefit of the doubt. It turns out he did know the guy, "everyone knows him" he said in an article.

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
CALCIOSCOMMESSE fail:
0-0 Lazio
Gattuso didn't play.
2-1 Chievo
He assisted the winner.
5-1 Cagliari
It was after winning the Scudetto.