Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
it is said that <la gazzetta dello sport> will vote for nedved this year.

and raul is hopfully gettin' manuy votes as well...

but personally i think if milan get real madrid smashed in the final and pippo scored a hattrick maybe some votes will go to pippo.

---on the condition of juventus get beaten by RM---which is probably happenin' and that made nedved less reasonable for it.

wonder your opinions on this ?

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
from these options, i chose nedved.
but henry should have been ther. he's been better than pippo and..
raul? not his season. if you're looking to pick someone from real, i suggest zizou. but yet again in the playmaker area nedved and rui costa have been the most stunning.
btw, best player of this season in all categories: maldini. there's no doubt about that. a shame though that defeders don't get any recognition. chivu's been great too.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Yes also for me if I had to choose among one of these, I'll go for Nedved (Even if I don't want to for he's a Juventini :o ) ...
For me Pippo and Raul are simply JUST "goal scorers" ... And when I see just goal scorers that means players who just stand at the front waiting for the right ball to place it in the net ... These two, and especially them don't make a lot of difference at the back or in creating chances, and when it comes to goals, they can score but also "sometimes" ...
As far as such "goal scorers" are concerned, the one who's the best to choose is again unfortunately Vieri, who's simply just like a goal machine even though he was injured at the beginning of the season ...
The reason why I chose Nedved is because when I watch Juve's matches without him I feel like there's a big important thing missing in the team ... Nedved is the kind of player that really makes a lot of difference in the squad and without him things are not the same ... He's a midfielder, but not an ordinary one ... He is excellent in dribbling, creating chances, passing, he doesn't give up easily and keeps the ball until the last breath and usually all the balls that come from Neved's legs can change the whole game ... Apart from that there are his shots on goal which are one of the best (again unfortunately!) ...
But to tell you the truth, if Max Ambrosini gets so many chances to play and is not on the bench as he used to be before the injuries started, then he can really be somehow our essential player like Nedved is for Juve ... These players will get a lot of attention if they get enough chances and I totally believe in him, but unfortunately sometimes when you're in a team that's full of stars, it's difficult for you to be prefered especially if the big names are given the credits and given more chances even if they don't give enough!!

I can't believe I just voted for a Juve player :o But anyway, who cares!!

FORZA MILAN!!

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pavel nedved is my player of the year. i wish milan had a player like him - he combines technique, skill, vision, fighting spirit and morale like no other and has carried juve's game throughout the season, he's been inspirational to the midfield and a relentless and reliable striker [did anyone actually miss del piero + trezeguet during their absence?], a fighter who never gives up, not a sissy, he doesn't shun a physical game, plus he is a very fair player who does not retaliate by foulplay but by performance [the new diving skills come with the territory and are forgiven if he doesn't overdo it ;)].

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kyara said:
For me Pippo and Raul are simply JUST "goal scorers" ...
I don't agree that Raúl is *just* a goal scorer. He can play in a midfield role, help Zizou and Fígo, do the slack work so that dear ol' Blubba can score his littl' tap-in goals and act like he's worthy...

Anyhoo, moving on to the deserving player. I don't think that I need to add more *why he should* points since the two latter explained them very well...
I guess I could add his vision and work ethic.

This man has set the bar this season and deserves this trophy. However, what happens *if* Juve doesn't win the CL??
Like Marcello Lippi said: "Nedved for the golden ball? To win it first he has to conquer something very important like Champions League."

He's got a point, even though it shouldn't matter if he wins it or not.

Well, look at last year's non-deserving winner... I guess it does... :rolleyes:

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
For this year maybe i choose nedved....

No doubt that he is the mvp this year... he could replace megastar zizou in juve, and play just like him...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Moved to Soccer cause that's where it belongs, oh and Nedved.

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nedved looks like that guy off zoolander :tongue: Pavel is great but i voted for Raul who is more than just a goal scorer. its like saying goalies just stop goals, its silly. I thought thats what soccer is about. Anyway, I think hes really underrated (Raul) and is a superstarrr

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
I'd say Nedved, despite he plays for Juve... he's absolutely the best midfielder in the world!

But... remember... in order to become Footballer of the year, expecially if you are not a forward... you need to win an IMPORTANT INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION...
Pavel would need to win CL...
and I'm quite sure (at least that's my WISH) he won't!!!

so... I'm sorry Pavel... but I'm praying for Pippo to win! ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Nestelrooy should get a mention as well - 40 goals in total so far is a pretty nice number.

Oh, and where's Ba on the poll?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Are we talking ballon d'or winner or that weak World Player of the year award?? :conf:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
Are we talking ballon d'or winner or that weak World Player of the year award?? :conf:
I think we're discussing the Ballor d'Or which is voted by the press.
Refering to: "it is said that <la gazzetta dello sport> will vote for nedved this year."

I believe that the World Player award is voted by the coaches.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mad4milan said:
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
I think we're discussing the Ballor d'Or which is voted by the press.
Refering to: "it is said that <la gazzetta dello sport> will vote for nedved this year."

exactly.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
Fav. Players
since nedved is out for the final, and raul's performance against juven was a disaster, do you think it is possibly goin' to be pippo if he scored a key goal in ola trafford?

i think so...on condition that we beat juven---and inzaghi score the only goal(s) :D

or a hattrick?

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
besides the Ballon d'or.. there is the World Player of the Year, and the FIFA World Player of the year.. is that right?

and i think there is also the French Football Magazines World Player of the Year too..

If this is right there is 4 world player of the year awards?! :conf:

Im certain Nedved will get at least one.. if only he was a Milan player.. :rolleyes:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hate awards, but juninho-paulista brings up a good point. How many player of the year awards are there and who votes on each?

I know there is also a World Soccer Player of the Year in which the national team coaches vote.

Schedule