Italian Football Thread III

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta love this Napoli bureaucracy. Different parties will blame each other, in the end no work will be done (or done cheaply) and the money will be dissapeared.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope these are pictures of the dressing rooms of the visitors.
They look sterile is as fuck

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
That's insane. And agree @joyrider it looks so basic even though it's unfinished.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised when it comes to that city, with their horrendus municipality and a president like Aurelio De Laurentiis. Napoli, as a whole is a big dump. San Paolo, a bigger one.

I know for a fact, this wouldn't had happened in Rome, Milan or Turin.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Napoli is a beautiful city.

It’s funny that one is forced to say this every few months in this thread.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised when it comes to that city, with their horrendus municipality and a president like Aurelio De Laurentiis. Napoli, as a whole is a big dump. San Paolo, a bigger one.

I know for a fact, this wouldn't had happened in Rome, Milan or Turin.

All of Italy has serious corruption and bureaucracy issues.
Look at what happened with the Genoa bridge after decades of neglect.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yup. If anything the Milano commune is even more steeped in corruption and bureaucracy. I can’t wait for us to own a stadium as soon as possible and prevent risking situations like these.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Napoli is a beautiful city.

It’s funny that one is forced to say this every few months in this thread.

That has always been my opinion, Napoli is one of the worst citites in the Europe, and by far the worst in Italy.

Hell, you could say that Camorra is the government in that city.

Every footballer is robbed at a gunpoint there.

The city is famous for being a dumping ground for waste.

The infastructure in the city is '404 not found'.

However, the classic Neopolitan pizza and the view from a hotel balcony over Vesuvius and Gulf of Naples is pleasant ... am I correct?

Oh, and I found this on Reddit :lol:

People of r/travel, what is the worst place you've been to and why?

Naples, Italy. Filthy fucking place. Companion got pickpocketed. Trash everywhere. Graffiti and grime everywhere. Human feces on streets. Homeless gypsy cardboard box communities in the trash filled parks. No real enjoyable Harbor or waterfront. All in all, just a dirty city. Market wasn't impressive compared to the other Italian cities. All the food places I tried sucked compared to the other Italian cities. Will never go back. If I ever decide to do Pompeii when it's not too fucking hot to wander around ruins all day, I'm just going to make it a day trip.

Last time I posted in a thread like this someone said when they arrived and asked the information desk in the train station where they should go, they proceeded to cross out over 3/4 of the city. That says everything. Fuck Naples. Should've done sienna instead.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That has always been my opinion, Napoli is one of the worst citites in the Europe, and by far the worst in Italy.

Hell, you could say that Camorra is the government in that city.

Every footballer is robbed at a gunpoint there.

The city is famous for being a dumping ground for waste.

The infastructure in the city is '404 not found'.

However, the classic Neopolitan pizza and the view from a hotel balcony over Vesuvius and Gulf of Naples is pleasant ... am I correct?

Oh, and I found this on Reddit :lol:

Napoli has problems with crime and dirt, no question about it. So does Rome, many cities in South Italy and even a few in North Italy like Genoa.

I've been to Napoli 4 times now and lived there for quite a few days one of those times. Once you get beyond the surface grime (again, this is completely from a first world point of view. Napoli is not grimier than most cities in the world), there are many wonderful things to discover in the city. (In contrast, I've lived in Milano cumulatively for almost a year, and I'd still pick Napoli any day over Milano to just go and chill)

Vesuvius as you mentioned, the entire area around Vesuvius, including the coasts. But even within the city proper, there are some really beautiful churches, palazzos, museums, houses and streets. Da Michele's pizza is unparalleled, but its closest competitors are also to be found in various tiny streets of Napoli.

If you ever plan a visit, do not shy away due to the surface level opinions. Spend a day or two at least and Napoli will lure you in. Only Palermo is dearer to me in Italy.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So we are to take from this that Napoli is the Bertolacci of Italian cities?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It’s important to remember that Gattuso walked from Milan. We didn’t fire him as commoders think.

With Giampaolo, defensive stability will definitely be the toughest thing to achieve as our season progresses. I’m much more confident about our offensive potency after the players play together a few more games.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Especially if you're into trash.

necro every few months
74402a52240be627fb62e298b1fe0897.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Predicting an upset by Fiorentina.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Costa’s game is over. On his birthday. Shame.

I like the Fiorentina system. Badelj and Pulgar sitting behind Castrovilli, Ribery and Dalbert occupying wide positions, Chiesa extremely free (pretty much doing a false 9 role which I think suits him).

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Juventus football as bad as those jerseys. Fiorentina hustling but as that commentator said "yuck" :lol::lol::lol:

I will only watch depressing football from one football team

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Gaetano Castrovilli looks a very promising young talent in midfield. Has completed more dribbles than anyone in Serie A so far this season and impressive start to this game too.

@necro, you watching?

An Italy call up is awaiting him, as i said some days ago.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Dalbert rejuvenated at La Viola. Fits the 352 formation like glove in hand.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Incredible that Fiorentina haven’t scored yet. So many open chances..

Castrovilli is good, not great I’d say. Dalbert has been excellent, but missed a great chance.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Very nice first half. Juve barely had a proper organized move. They are a long way away from being a Sarri team.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh dear. Castrovilli ruins the best opportunity of the match by not shooting.

Juve super lucky if they can get away with a point here.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Castrovilli owns Ronaldo, runs ahead with the ball but gets neatly tackled by Bentancur.

After a while, Ronaldo gets the ball and runs towards goal with one man to beat and the man to tackle him from behind and win the ball back is... Ribery!

Now 3rd Juve player injured. 3rd forced sub.

Exciting last half an hour.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ribery is done. Wonderful game by him, was involved in so many attacking moves.

Now Boateng coming on to score the winner.