Week 14: Parma - Milan 1/12/19 15:00 CET

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We need our attackers to pull some weight. It’s atrocious watching our front three shoot worse than our left back and central midfield. Also disgusting that none of our strikers can attack the front post on a cross, it’s football101.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Three points! :)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Kessie poor again but still not sold on Krunic though I agree he does have some nice touches going forward. Definitely should start over Kessie but its not like he is lighting it up.

Bennacer really needs to be sharper or stronger, at times he is taking too many touches and with his lack of pace he is one bauble away from pulling a Biglia; love his heart though and no doubt he has solidified his spot.

Bonaventura took way too many touches today to decide what he wanted to do. He did have dome nice flicks to other players but then lack of movement in the box meant nothing came from them. When he decided not to flick it was one then two then three, lose the ball or late pass.

I think though with Krunic / Paqueta and Leao things may go better for Jack. Also want to see if Pioli will return to Samu as I'm not sure that wasnt just a ploy to get Suso going.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Ac Milan endless stories :
Bonaventura => Too many touches with the ball
Suso => Too slow and predictable
Hakan => Quantity > Quality
Piatek => He need help

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan had a bad stretch, in the second half, otherwise, he actually played well. He kinda put in the service you want, it was players like Piatek and Romagnoli who missed the clear chances he created.

Hakan also didn't take terrible shots. Not sure why people keep saying that. He had some horrific passes, but again, he has done very well since Pioli took over.

I like Bona in midfield against teams like Parma. Kessie was bad in the attacking third randomly. He'll do some great control and then pass to the corner flag, it's frustrating because he is such a great presence in midfield defensively.

Conti has been amazing the last two games. I hope he keeps this up.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Good late win. The team needs to start doing better around the box though. Lots of the crosses and shots are not good.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
so i haven't seen a Milan match in a month or so, but this is a drastic improvement from the GP time or when Pioli first got the team.

the squad was well motivated, with a clear passing system (that doesn't sit well with the likes of Suso and Kessie), good pressing game and double or even triple cover on players in order to win the ball, and most players seemed like they want to contribute, Hakan especially.

the worst were Suso, with every attack that involved him came to a complete stop, Kessie, which i really don't get how is he a player that is equipped to do anything but a destroyer (poor mans Bakayoko), can't shoot pass dribble control the ball etc., and Bonaventura, who had a couple of good moves but hogs the ball consistently, something not unseen during his whole time here.

Piatek i'm still keeping judgement about, since he does seem to score in good pace with his NT, and given his performances last season. i believe it is a mental issue, and given how a striker's performance is directly to his mental state, as well as the horrible start to the season which clearly effected a young player's aspiration to play in a European title (although most of you here don't care about that and just shit on him), as he well stated in his interviews. that isn't to clear him of his lack of motivation on the pitch, but i do understand where he's coming from. let's hope that with incoming victories his head will get straight, especially with Pioli's man management.

speaking of Pioli, the way he turned Conti is just superb. with a player who played in a RWB mentality his entire career, and has played so as well with previous coaches here, Pioli has shown that with strengthening the player's weaknesses he can be more complete and therefore better. i hope he can do the same with Piatek.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
First game of the season, where we actually saw an improvement. Team played with a sense of unity that was not felt before.

It's going to be a near impossible task to reach 4th, but if we can string 5 wins together we might find ourselves within striking distance of it by mid January next year.

1. Bologna away -> should win if we really have CL qualification ambitions.
  2. Sassuolo at home -> should win if we really have CL qualification ambitions.
  3. Atalanta away -> if we are on a 3 match win streak, we might have the morale to pull it off, but its gonna be really hard, most likely a draw here.
  4. Sampdoria at home -> should win if we really have CL qualification ambitions.
  5. Cagliari away -> should win if we really have CL qualification ambitions.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
First game of the season, where we actually saw an improvement. Team played with a sense of unity that was not felt before.

It's going to be a near impossible task to reach 4th, but if we can string 5 wins together we might find ourselves within striking distance of it by mid January next year.

3. Atalanta away -> if we are on a 3 match win streak, we might have the morale to pull it off, but its gonna be really hard, most likely a draw here.
  4. Sampdoria at home -> should win if we really have CL qualification ambitions.

Agree with everything. Will be tough as fuck, but the chance is the for the taking. I just hope we build up moral, continue the way we do, and fight until we bleed to get those balls in the net!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

:star:

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score

If we get at least 13p from those 5 we will be close to Top4 so for me those matches will decide what can we achieve this season. Either fight for the CL either ..be mediocre for another year. Get those 13p at least bring some players with cohones and lets go for that 4th, i still belive in our boys. Seeing Inter, Lazio and Roma up there makes me so angry cause i dont see them having a better squad. Maybe the difference is that they have someone that can score goals while Piatek is really struggling.

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
look at other teams' fixtures... lots of top 8 teams have to play each other and surely points will be dropped.

max points going forward and we can make a top 4 push!

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The minimum we can pick up is 13 points in the next 5 games and we can close the gap to 4th to like 5 points then. 15 out of 15 and we might be in top 5 or 6 come January.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
The minimum we can pick up is 13 points in the next 5 games and we can close the gap to 4th to like 5 points then. 15 out of 15 and we might be in top 5 or 6 come January.

Ibra will take over from there and sort it out.

Next year Messi & Co will win Ibra his most desired trophy.

Schedule