Is Lance Armstrong a drug cheat?

• Total voters

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Well he got busted. That's just so, so sad. I mean I respected this guy so much, idolized him, like millions of others. He'll still maintain the USADA framed him by blackmailing fellow riders into submission, and the USADA is yet to prove its charges in a court of law, but the range of the accusations makes his case feeble at best. I never thought I'd start such a thread.

There's still much to learn from him -- his tenacity, his determination -- but he's basically a cheat, and has finally been busted. I personally think he must be sent to jail. His foundation has helped, and continues to help, hundreds of thousands of people and Armstrong deserves no end of credit for it, but that doesn't mean he should not be punished for what he did.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance Armstrong helped in 'biggest ever' doping scam

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Lance Armstrong was at the heart of the biggest doping conspiracy in sports history when he won the Tour de France seven years in a row, a US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) report said.

USADA submitted a report Wednesday to the International Cycling Union (UCI) and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) on why it banned Armstrong for life in August and released more than 1,000 pages of evidence from its probe of doping in cycling.

"Lance Armstrong did not merely use performance-enhancing drugs. He supplied them to his teammates," the report said. "He was not just a part of the doping culture on his team. He enforced and re-enforced it."

Evidence included testimony from 11 of Armstrong's former US Postal cycling teammates, an expert's finding that Armstrong blood changes indicated doping and documents showing a payment to doping-linked doctor Michele Ferrari.

"The evidence of the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team-run scheme is overwhelming," USADA chief executive Travis T. Tygart said.

"The evidence shows beyond any doubt that the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."

Eyewitness testimony of Armstrong taking EPO and testosterone and having blood transfusions came from such former teammates as Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis, admitted dope cheats, and George Hincapie, who confessed Wednesday that he took performance-enhancing drugs.

Other former Armstrong teammates who testified include Frankie Andreu, Michael Barry, Tom Danielson, Levi Leipheimer, Stephen Swart, Christian Vande Velde, Jonathan Vaughters and David Zabriskie.

More: http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/art...armstrong-helped-in-biggest-ever-doping-scam/

SES92

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze
Maybe people realize that we live in a dirty world, and cheating happens everywhere.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"Finally achieved my lifelong goal of having as many Tour de France titels as Lance Armastrong." - unknown comedyguy.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"Finally achieved my lifelong goal of having as many Tour de France titels as Lance Armastrong." - unknown comedyguy.
lol :lol:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Don't think it's that shocking tbh. Yeah, he was doped, but so was everyone he was riding against; Jan Ulrich, Tyler Hamilton, Ivan Basso, Floyd Landis, Vinokurov... all doped, and the rest just weren't caught as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it was possible at that time to win the race without doping, it probably still isn't...

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
glad he got caught, he did a lot of great work for charity but the guy was a cheat and a bully.
he attempted and succeeded in blackballing anybody that accused him of cheating.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
He & others like Ulrich, Ale Vino, Basso, McEwen, Boonen made me fan of TdF but almost all of them do have history in doping.. and still current riders continue to cheat..

Had read this article after this year's tour http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18921784

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

I am using solid gold

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't think it's that shocking tbh. Yeah, he was doped, but so was everyone he was riding against; Jan Ulrich, Tyler Hamilton, Ivan Basso, Floyd Landis, Vinokurov... all doped, and the rest just weren't caught as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it was possible at that time to win the race without doping, it probably still isn't...
Absolutely. The thing with Lance is if he'd come clean much earlier, he stood more chance than almost all of the riders of being forgiven by the public. But he just couldn't bring himself to do it, for whatever reason. I think the only way to eliminate doping in cycling would be to scale down the difficulty of the races. It probably won't make for as riveting TV but you know what? Champions getting busted day in, day out won't exactly please viewers either. We're never gonna have a 100% clean Tour. As I read somewhere recently, it's the perception that matters, not the facts.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

:star::star::star:

---

About this whole farce. The guy was pretty much a nobody in the beginning of his career, gets testicular cancer, comes back and wins the Tour de France 7 TIMES!! It doesn't take a genius to know there's someting fishy about the whole story.

On the other hand. I don't think there is a professional cycler who doesn't use at least something illegal. So this whole witch hunt is pretty ridiculous. They wanna set an example.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
About this whole farce. The guy was pretty much a nobody in the beginning of his career, gets testicular cancer, comes back and wins the Tour de France 7 TIMES!! It doesn't take a genius to know there's someting fishy about the whole story.

On the other hand. I don't think there is a professional cycler who doesn't use at least something illegal. So this whole witch hunt is pretty ridiculous. They wanna set an example.
He wasn't a nobody. He was already a world champion at 21. He was considered as someone with the potential to do well on the Tour, but he wasn't a climber when the cancer struck. He obviously put in loads of effort into becoming a better climber, but it seems he also put in something more.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Okay, granted, he won a World Championship. And a wopping two stages in the Tour de France. Going from that, to winning 7 Tour de France's in a row is a LONG way. Especially when fighting cancer along the way. I had my doubts about him right from his second victory. And rightly so as it seems.

It's funny that his biggest fans who idolized him are now the ones who are shooting him down. Whereas questions about his performances could've been asked long before, but people simply ignored this.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okay, granted, he won a World Championship. And a wopping two stages in the Tour de France. Going from that, to winning 7 Tour de France's in a row is a LONG way. Especially when fighting cancer along the way. I had my doubts about him right from his second victory. And rightly so as it seems.
Exactly. The fact that he'd won a World Championship doesn't mean he was a favourite for the Tour, he was a bright young thing. Im just saying he wasn't a nobody.
It's funny that his biggest fans who idolized him are now the ones who are shooting him down. Whereas questions about his performances could've been asked long before, but people simply ignored this.
I think Lance owes a lot of the prominence he received down to the fact that it's far easier to trust than to ask questions. A jaw-dropping story such as his gives people hope, and we all know what a precious commodity that is and a majority of us was not ready to concede that it may all be a fraud.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
:star::star::star:

---

Think it's a bit harsh. It's not like he one day was shit, and then decided to try doping and then all of the sudden he was a great cyclist. The guy is an incredible athlet even with doping. As I said, the guys he was riding against were doped too, and still he was THAT much better than the rest of them.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
I dont think anyone on the tour is clean, everyone dopes. You have to in order to keep up

Its more a competition about who dopes the best, and Armstrong was certainly the best

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He should be banned from everything except jail.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I remember debating with someone that Ronaldo had the best comeback ever and he kinda owned me by talking about Armstrong....It feels great to be right now that Lance has been found out :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I remember debating with someone that Ronaldo had the best comeback ever and he kinda owned me by talking about Armstrong....It feels great to be right now that Lance has been found out :D

:fp: <-- its not me , its ronaldo

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
oh crap I clicked the wrong vote button

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
hope they wont come back twenty years later and realise messi coulda been on it too

messi is clean.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
didn't know where to post this....i think they look very good

especially the accentuation

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"he's been framed"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

:lol::lol::lol:

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
Yea doping is wrong, but you still need to be great or doping is worthless.

Schedule