If we did sell Pato for 30 mil plus how would we use the money?

Should we sell Pato to PSG for a 50 million?

• Of course, we could massively reinforce the squad!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Yes, but only if Tevez arrives first! Then reinforce

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No! We are not losing the Duck!!

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am a MASSIVE pato fan but if we were to sell Pato due to the potential arrival of Tevez then how do you think we should strengthen? First of all I don't think we should sell pato for a penny less than 30 mil. So lets say we got about 35 million for him then I am thinking purchase:

-Essien (if fit) for about 16 million
-If not De Rossi for about the same region

-Buy a decent LB like Marcelo, I personally would love Criscito, but either of these two for about 13 mil.

This way we can play this formation:

Abate - Nesta - Silva - Marcelo
Aquilani - De Rossi - Nocerino
Prince
Tevez - Ibra

Now that is a well balanced team with Robinho, El Sharaawy as back upfront. Flamini as back up for midfield and the usual clan

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Milan does bad business if they accept a 30 mio offer for Pato. A 22 year old striker with Pato's goalscoring skills, pace, and scoring record for Milan, and known talent. In Today's market 30 mio is underpaid. You can easily get more out of it. 40 mio should be possible, and feels not like completely dumb deal. Just look at other transfers; how much is paid for what players...

If we sell Pato, then obviously we need to improve our midfield. If it's not a top quality midfielder, then a younger one with possible world class potential. I don't know how much all players cost, but there are a nice amount of midfielders I would welcome a lot. If it's up to me we should sign a new anchor. Fernando Reges, Sandro, De Rossi and M'Vila are all options. Also an attacking midfielder, but preferable one with pace and movement. Could be a young one, since Boateng is doing well, but if we can sign an excellent one, why not...

The right left back seems hard to get in January. So I guess we should stick with Taiwo at least this Season, and see if he can improve to what we want in a left back. In Summer we can sign a new one if necessary. I would Criscito too, but he would be expensive because I see no reason for Zenit to sell him, and they paid like 15 mio for him last Summer. Marcelo seems (close to) impossible to me.

And a forward? Well, if we stay with Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Cassano, we don't need an excellent one immediate. No prob if we first spend money for improvement in midfield (and defense) and later we do for an excellent forward. Obviously we need depth though. Talking about the good forwards, then well, forwards I would love in Milan shirt are Balotelli (maybe later he can be signed) and of course Podolski! :D

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
We shouldn't sell him.

If we do sell him, a good achor, LB and GK is needed. That's if Tevez come.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
We shouldn't sell him.

If we do sell him, a good achor, LB and GK is needed. That's if Tevez come.

Ah yes, I forgot about the goalkeeper. Coming Summer we should replace Abbiati. It's too much of a gamble hoping Abbiati will both preform good to excellent and stay free of injuries nowadays. Unfortunately it seems too soon for Gladbach to sell Ter Stegen, knowing his contract. Mihaylov of Twente is also a good goalkeeper, and will be a bargain. Or we can first try out Adler for free. There's a lot of love for Handanovic, but will he be buyable for Milan? And I would sell Pato for around 40 mio, but not for 30 mio.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Don't sell him for less than 100 million €.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
homer%2Bin%2Bcandyland.gif

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I completely agree in not selling him, I would keep him and if we had to selly anyone out of the forwards I would rid of Robinho if we got Tevez but if we did HAVE TO sell pato then I would want 40 million as well then we could get a decent Midfield for 20 mil and a decent Full back for max 20

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
I do not see us spending that kind of money..
Unless if Fester changes his methods.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
I would sell Robinho probably if we get Tevez.

However, if we sold Pato for 35 Miliion:

Buy back Merkel (7M) Tevez (20M) and then sign De Rossi for Free. Criscito for 13M if needed and sell Taiwo for 6-7M to make the difference.

Won't even need to spend a penny in that circumstance and we get 4 new players!

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You know what, as long as we DEFINITELY get Tevez, I would probably accept the 50 million offer from PSG for, then REALLY strengthen! This way I would definitely purchase De Rossi, a decent full back who can play both sides like Lahm and then purchase a decent Attacking Midfielder, my personal favourite would be giovinco, but thats just me!

My ideal formation next year:

Abate - Nesta - Silva - Lahm
Aquilani - De Rossi - Nocerino
Giovinco
Ibra - Tevez

Then the team is looking very italian, very balanced and even stronger than last year!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Selling Pato to get Tevez is the ultimate nightmare...

We are not Juve or Inter, Tevez is a player for those teams not Milan, he has ZERO flair, Milan is the team for flair, we win with style, this is the way it has always been.

God help us!

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

We are not Juve or Inter, Tevez is a player for those teams not Milan, he has ZERO flair, Milan is the team for flair, we win with style, this is the way it has always been.

God help us!

Although i agree with you about not buying tevez, but to say tevez has no flair is unfair. To say milan's style is flair is being too generous. We dont even have a single proper playmaker while we have about 6-7 defensive-ish midfielders, oh and our full backs arent the most adventerous either.

On the topic of selling Pato, price should be around 50m.

get Santon for taye, Gotze for 20-25m, De Rossi for 10m or Stagger for 20m.Naingollan for 5-10 m ..

but ofcourse none of this is gonna happen

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Sell Robinho. We know Santos will take him anytime.

Pato, Tevez, Ibra and SE92 will be stunning.

1 for 1 for Ganso will be superb.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

God help us!

Tevez....no flair? no style? Seriously wtf??

Nocerino.. flair.:lol:

K.P.B.

milan for life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Super-Pippo, Pirlo, Ibra, Silva, Prince
No! We are not losing the Duck!!

stephen tapper

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If we sell Pato? Can we get rid of Ambrosini, Gattuso, Zambrotta, Antonlini, Yepes, Tawio, Bonera, Roma, Amelia, Shaarway, Inzaghi, Robinho, Emanuelson, MVB, Flamini and Seedorf because these are not as good as him.

I guess we ain't

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

God help us!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Definitely, a world class left-back, playmaker, and basically shore up the midfield to provide Allegri with the type of robust, dynamic midfielders which will better his playing system.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
the money would go straight into berlusconi's pocket

3 days later we will see Berlusconi in the news again with a minor

the 5 mil remaining will be spent over the next season.. we will sign urby emanuelsons for a living

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Although i agree with you about not buying tevez, but to say tevez has no flair is unfair. To say milan's style is flair is being too generous. We dont even have a single proper playmaker while we have about 6-7 defensive-ish midfielders, oh and our full backs arent the most adventerous either.

Well, I dont really adore this current Milan team as the one under Ancelotti and previous Milan's of Sacchi and Capello are also based on great players with a lot of flair.

This is my point, we are turning into a workhorse team, like Juve and Inter, I dont think this is necessary, at one point we used to play with 4 playmakers at the same time, Rui Costa, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo and we played great and won, even Barca now dont need workhorse players, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets make the team tick like not other, even the defensive line has classy players with good ball control like Pique.

Tevez....no flair? no style? Seriously wtf??

Nocerino.. flair.:lol:

Yes, no style no flair, whats so funny, he is a robust fighter, he is not Pastore or Ozil, wtf is wrong with you, I didnt even say Nocerino has flair where do you come up with this crap?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, no style no flair, whats so funny, he is a robust fighter, he is not Pastore or Ozil, wtf is wrong with you, I didnt even say Nocerino has flair where do you come up with this crap?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Pato out, Ganso + Neymar in

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Well, I dont really adore this current Milan team as the one under Ancelotti and previous Milan's of Sacchi and Capello are also based on great players with a lot of flair.

This is my point, we are turning into a workhorse team, like Juve and Inter, I dont think this is necessary, at one point we used to play with 4 playmakers at the same time, Rui Costa, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo and we played great and won, even Barca now dont need workhorse players, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets make the team tick like not other, even the defensive line has classy players with good ball control like Pique.

If you're saying we need a magician in the team, then Yes, I agree with you.
As one Ibracadabra is not enough, we need more magic.
We should sign more Harry Potters and whoever is teaching him magic.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I enjoy Tévez style. He is a very effective dribbler. He is very good in one x one situations against defenders, he got a rare mix of pace/quickness, aggression and great ball control.

Style is subjective afterall, but I don't think it's fair to reduce him to a fighter. He is a very skilled player also.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Idiots :rolleyes:

edit: not you Sven. You speak with rational, not smileys.

Anyway, I think if Pato leaves, as I said we need an attacker in the Soldado, Etoo, Villa mould, but I think we should try to lure Rooney here, I feel he would be tempted to join us, ive heard him say many times how much he enjoys Milan's magic football, and he heaped praise on players like Seedorf and Nesta as the best he has ever faced in their respective positions.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If we were to get Tevez for around 20 mil then i would be happy to sell Pato for 50 mil.

We cant afford to let Pato go without a top notch replacement and Tevez is class.

I cant see Pato going mid-season but you can never say never in Calcio!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idiots :rolleyes:

edit: not you Sven. You speak with rational, not smileys.

:D:thumbsup:

Anyway, I think if Pato leaves, as I said we need an attacker in the Soldado, Etoo, Villa mould, but I think we should try to lure Rooney here, I feel he would be tempted to join us, ive heard him say many times how much he enjoys Milan's magic football, and he heaped praise on players like Seedorf and Nesta as the best he has ever faced in their respective positions.

You don't want Tevez because he's a "workhorse and we have enough of those", then you seem to think he's a midfielder and now you want us to go for Rooney instead?