The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 11-01-2013, 14:34   #81
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino View Post
What I'm saying is IF he'll come it will become obvious he has no future at Milan and we will want to get rid of him again asap.
He's that bad? Our standards aren't exactly high at the moment?

Signature
RossoneroTifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 14:37   #82
Rino
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Balotelli, De Sciglio, Totti, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoneroTifoso View Post
He's that bad? Our standards aren't exactly high at the moment?
Our standards should be extremly high as we have a sucky team atm and when B desides to finally spend something it HAS to be a DIRECT improvement. If we bought a "Van Ginkel" back in 2006 or 2007 it'd be better as he can be brought slowly, learn from the top players we had back than for his position and perhaps be loaned out. If we buy him now B+G will want him to actually stand up and bring the team something extra. Therefor he isn't good enough for us atm.
Rino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:30   #83
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Our standards should be extremly high as we have a sucky team atm and when B desides to finally spend something it HAS to be a DIRECT improvement. If we bought a "Van Ginkel" back in 2006 or 2007 it'd be better as he can be brought slowly, learn from the top players we had back than for his position and perhaps be loaned out. If we buy him now B+G will want him to actually stand up and bring the team something extra. Therefor he isn't good enough for us atm.
Yes, we totally rushed in the likes of El Shaarawy and Niang as well.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 23:48   #84
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

If we had bought a player like him back then he would never play and left the club already
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24   #85
Rino
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Balotelli, De Sciglio, Totti, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Yes, we totally rushed in the likes of El Shaarawy and Niang as well.
do NOT compare Van Ginkel with...can't even type it out. Just don't, seriously.
Rino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:43   #86
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Quote:
do NOT compare Van Ginkel with...can't even type it out. Just don't, seriously.
Niang?

Probably El Shaarawy, but that makes the poins, while even he wasn't rushed in. First half season he was barely used.
Old 15-01-2013, 13:31   #87
achtungbaby
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Balotelli, de Sciglio, Montolivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
If we had bought a player like him back then he would never play and left the club already
Much like Gourcuff or the unmistakable genius of Digao. Milan should have been bringing in young players to learn from the likes of P***o, Seedorf and company to learn from them before their time at Milan ended. Too much money was spent on the likes of Huntelaar and Ronaldinho.

The probblem for young players now at Milan is that they expected to come in and replace guys like Seedorf, Ibrahmiovic and Gattuso. Guys like el Shaarawy and de Sciglio have done a good job but it's just not going to happen easily. The fans and especially the management have to dampen expectations. We should only really be bringing these young guys in if they can get a decent amount of playing time at Milan or we can get a decent loan situation sorted out for them. Otherwise, they are just going to fall by the wayside.
achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 16:15   #88
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Much like Gourcuff or the unmistakable genius of Digao.
Gourcuff had the talent, just not the attitude. Digão on the other hand, didn't have the talent. Van Ginkel most definitly does, and so far I have no reason to believe that he lacks the right attitude.
Old 15-01-2013, 16:29   #89
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

Quote:
Gourcuff had the talent, just not the attitude. Digão on the other hand, didn't have the talent. Van Ginkel most definitly does, and so far I have no reason to believe that he lacks the right attitude.
Really this should be the determining factor at the moment.

It does no good talking about what Milan should have done 5-6 yrs ago. If he is talented and can be bought at our prices then he should be, whether he is ready to start now or in a year or two.

If he has the right attitude then all the better but after the Gourcuff and Pato situations we should now know that more care and less freedom be given and we do the best to bring the kid along.
Old 15-01-2013, 16:34   #90
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Quote:
Really this should be the determining factor at the moment.

It does no good talking about what Milan should have done 5-6 yrs ago. If he is talented and can be bought at our prices then he should be, whether he is ready to start now or in a year or two.

If he has the right attitude then all the better but after the Gourcuff and Pato situations we should now know that more care and less freedom be given and we do the best to bring the kid along.
Looking at Gourcuff is what you can do, but looking at El Shaarawy is what you can do. Both talented, but different attitudes. When it comes to attitude, I would guess Van Ginkel comes closer to El Shaarawy's than Gourcuff's. Van Ginkel already plays a very mature and all-round game.
Old 15-01-2013, 18:08   #91
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Looking at Gourcuff is what you can do, but looking at El Shaarawy is what you can do. Both talented, but different attitudes. When it comes to attitude, I would guess Van Ginkel comes closer to El Shaarawy's than Gourcuff's. Van Ginkel already plays a very mature and all-round game.
the reality is this.....

you can't judge a players true mental drive at this age. People mature differently. Money effects people differently etc. etc.

But i'm all for the gamble.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 19:14   #92
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
the reality is this.....

you can't judge a players true mental drive at this age. People mature differently. Money effects people differently etc. etc.

But i'm all for the gamble.
Agree.

The thing is we have had Gourcuff and Pato now (both different attitudes but both allowed to get out of control). Its known we treat players like kings and let alot go. Maybe if we held a tighter reign it would probably work well with most of the kids.

Yes you have the Balotelli's that will do what they want but I think Milan should now know that the freedom must be earned and junior players should be limited if possible.

If this kid is as Pedro and USC say then you get him in and you try your best to nurture him. If he is an El Shaarawy then great but if he is a Pato, I still think that can be a win because he may not maximise his potential but he could still be very good.
Old 15-01-2013, 19:27   #93
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Agree.

The thing is we have had Gourcuff and Pato now (both different attitudes but both allowed to get out of control). Its known we treat players like kings and let alot go. Maybe if we held a tighter reign it would probably work well with most of the kids.

Yes you have the Balotelli's that will do what they want but I think Milan should now know that the freedom must be earned and junior players should be limited if possible.

If this kid is as Pedro and USC say then you get him in and you try your best to nurture him. If he is an El Shaarawy then great but if he is a Pato, I still think that can be a win because he may not maximise his potential but he could still be very good.
and i think this ia a BIG reason a lot of players were cleared out to be honest, and so much faith has been given faith in allegri.

He's trying to toughen it.

-

You can see way El Shaarawy was brought along is right path.

I just hope milan stay CONSISTENT with it, regardless of if allegri stays or goes

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 00:22   #94
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Robinho ,Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

Lame last name. Looks ugly on the back of a jersey.

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 10:08   #95
USC
god of thunder

Quote:
Agree.

I love Van Ginkel's development so far, which has been exemplary. He was given one match with the NT to show him his future and to make him hungry for more. Very good and very smart move...give people a reward for hard work, but don't spoil them rotten.
USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 04:18   #96
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC View Post
I love Van Ginkel's development so far, which has been exemplary. He was given one match with the NT to show him his future and to make him hungry for more. Very good and very smart move...give people a reward for hard work, but don't spoil them rotten.
i really like this guy. Mezzala position in 4-3-1-2 is perfect for him! Milan have to decide quickly. Recently he is close to join Chelsea!!!!!!! fuck. Van Ginkel have great future ahead.

Last edited by belloefamoso; 17-06-2013 at 04:20.
belloefamoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 07:33   #97
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Both the Daily express, and Sunday Sport, are stating Manchester United’s interest in the Dutchman, with club scouts flying out to watch the midfielder play for Netherlands U-21′s in their defeat to Italy.

When asked about Manchester United link, Van Ginkel said, “Manchester United, I didn’t know… I have two more years at Vitesse. It’s a club who’s growing, so I’m also happy there.”

Chelsea have been heavily linked with the 20 year old, and where said to have agreed a fee with Vitesse of around €8.5 million, with the players agent confirming the interest, but stating no talks had started.

Vitesse and Chelsea have a special relationship, with the two club owners said to be good friends, and the English club loaning several players to the Arnhem based team last season. This would put the Londoners as favourites to land the player, who will now go on holiday before deciding where his future lies.

Ajax last week confirmed they had made a bid of around €7 million for Van Ginkel, but director Marc Overmars admitted defeat, with his team unable to compete financially with the English clubs.

Van Ginkel starred last season for Vitesse, scoring 14 goals in all competitions, and laying on 15 assists, as the attacking midfielder was named young player of the year.

With one cap to his name for the senior Netherlands squad to his name, Van Ginkel will be looking to move to a team where first team football is guaranteed, as next summers World cup looms.
with 8,5 m euro Galliani should take the gamble!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-06-2013, 07:36   #98
Sven
Super Moderator

I really don't see it...

Chelsea will outbid us every day and twice on Sundays.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 08:01   #99
belloefamoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
I really don't see it...

Chelsea will outbid us every day and twice on Sundays.
its pity! Milan should bought him in january!
Old 17-06-2013, 10:44   #100
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

I'd prefer Van Ginkel over Strootman and Claise(yeah I know different types of players etc.) but now Jose would be in Marco's ear,too bad for us.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote