CL: AC Milan vs Manchester United

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva
superman_1899 said:
about mr.fergie said something about having the easier italian team compared to juve and inter...
he surely didn't say inter :head:!

S

superman_1899

milan_fan said:
he surely didn't say inter :head:!

dude, thats what the comentator said... fergie was relieved of having to play milan rather than juve and inter...

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
A lot of things could happen between now and late February. Ruud and Rio will be healthier and things could go for the better for ManU. But on the other side, Milan will have Pippo and Stam back. Exactly the same situation for both team, having their first choice of defender and striker back. Not to mention JDT.

If the game will be held next week, Milan will surely win. I'm truly happy with the drawing, especially since ManU is the team I hate the most in the remaining phase of the CL.

Milan will have to make sure that their performance will remain at the same (or even higher) level like now. Like one member said, after the game againts Juve, Fergie would wish he'll face Inter instead (only 1-0 win against the Brescia). Let's hope no key players will be injured.

IMHO, too bad this year's CL has to see several teams with strong tradition facing each other on such early stage such as Barca - Chelsea (clash of the teams leading their respective leagues), Real - Juve, Arsenal - Bayern and Milan - MU. Lucky for the likes of PSV (strong team this year though), Leverkusen, Liverpool, Bremen, Lyon (3 consecutive league tittles) and Monaco. No disrespect to them, some are former CL winners as well.

Last edited:

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
superman_1899 said:
dude, thats what the comentator said... fergie was relieved of having to play milan rather than juve and inter...
this fergie... he is such an ass... is he all messed up with his secretaries that he doesn;t get to read even the newspapers. i think he'd wake up on feb 23.

Reaction score
If nistelrooy is back he may net one of his trademark cheap goals at old trafford. But milan will go home with a lead.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
superman_1899 said:
dude, judging on the way, how milan is playing right now... i believe milan can whoop their ass...

and as the commentator on the juve v milan said... about mr.fergie said something about having the easier italian team compared to juve and inter... but after seeing what happened yesterday... mr.fergie, would regret facing milan..
Of course Milan can win... but in the 2nd part of the season thus far Utd have been very good, last game they played was a 5-2 thumping.

I doubt how you could right any team off with the likes of; VNR, Rooney, Scholes, Ronaldo, Gigges etc.

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
mel-burn
milan second last result=6-0
last=0-0<dominated.u dun see it?>
//
m_f
alex said that in coach way.he not meant literaly.what else he should said.??milan r best?...nonono..he said for media and morale for his players.u know he is heart patient too.good way to relax b4 time.
when time come he will have sleepless nights.u know it, inow it...alex know it

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Yeah, and the Milan player and coach will not be worried about facing Utd :head:

is playing very well. Will be a good game, neither team are clear favorites...

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Excuse me if somebody already posted this but:

Are any of the forum members based in Milan going to the game?

'Cause if I can convince my parents to buy me the package, one of you can... you know... guide me there? :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Yeah, and the Milan player and coach will not be worried about facing Utd :head:

is playing very well. Will be a good game, neither team are clear favorites...

agreed...im worried..cuz man utd's strength...is perhaps our only weekness....they love to play using their flanks...ronaldo n giggsy...n im worried..cuz cafu...tends 2 go up a lot...so could leave a lot of holes....n since kaladze has his fitness worrys...i doubt pancaro can do much if ronaldo....is on fire.....but...i still believe we r strong enuf to edge it.....hope we do it!...

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Hopefully the Winter break won't strip of us of our current form. Right now, Milan-Milan are looking good. One of the best, and certainly superior to Manc U.

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
THE MALDINESTA said:
Nice to hear that..:D:...especially from Singapore where MU was treated like their National team :tongue:

Indeed, they are so BIG here it turns me off completely. U dun find shops which sell exclusively merchandises for a single club, except if the club is ManUre. :head:

I watched the 2nd half of ManUre-Palace while waiting for Juve-Milan: 3 goals in the first 3 minutes of 2nd half made the match almost like a joke (what the hell was the defence doing?)... hafta agree though players like Scholes and RVN (not VNR) will gobble up any chances arising from sloppy defending.

Hope for 2 great matches, at Old Trafford and San Siro.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
menon_inc said:
agreed...im worried..cuz man utd's strength...is perhaps our only weekness....they love to play using their flanks...ronaldo n giggsy...n im worried..cuz cafu...tends 2 go up a lot...so could leave a lot of holes....n since kaladze has his fitness worrys...i doubt pancaro can do much if ronaldo....is on fire.....but...i still believe we r strong enuf to edge it.....hope we do it!...

It will be neither Kaladze nor Pancaro defending Ronaldo, it will be our one and only, Maldini - given that Stam doesnt re-injure himself

---Cafu---Nesta----Stam---Maldini

I agree with Melbourne, this encounter is far from a given like a PSV or Porto could be, on their day, Man Utd is in the same category as Milan, Barca, Juve and Chelsea, well close enough to defeat any of them. Milan will have to be at their very best and on the top of their game to ensure a win. Im not sure how Ancelottu is going to play Cafu with Giggs on the left and whether Maldini will be attacking to much with Ronaldo on the right. I think what you will find at Old Trafford is Milan being a bit more defensive and probably going for a 1-1 or maybe even a 1-0 - definately not a 0-0 because that would make Man Utd favourites.

------------------Carrol-----------------------
--Neville--Ferdinand---Silvestre----Heinze------
-Ronaldo------Keane--Scholes-----------Giggs-
-----------Rooney-----------RVN--------------

-----------Crespo----------Sheva--------------
---------------------Kaka----------------------
---Seedorf-----------------------Gattuso------
---------------------Pirlo----------------------
--Maldini-----Stam---------Nesta-------Cafu---
---------------------Dida----------------------

I think Man Utd is known for their defensive lapses, from Goalkeeper also and i think Sheva or Crespo will run rings around Silvestre.....i dont rate gim because he can be a bit of a dope at time, just like Neville and Carrol.

Man Utd is a very dangerous team.....i would of liked an easier draw but hey, we have to play a top team sooner or later....good luck to Milan and i look forward to it :D.....hope we have Stam back

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
this aint a bad draw i hear that rvn might not be playing which is good news for us because he has been dominating champions leauge :D so yeah i think we will go threw

hopefully we do :D

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
whatever.

Boban, you need to re-read the "signature rules" :o

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
milan_my_love said:
whatever.

Boban, you need to re-read the "signature rules" :o

Damn right, I mean you ain't a rookie anymore :- )

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dude, you can't have 2 pics in your sig, besides the 2nd one is way oversized :o

As for the opponent, it's fun to see people here almost shitting their pants with fear, same people who never get tired of claiming Milan are 'the best in the world' ;)

I'm not sure yet whether I should be worried. It's highly likely Ruuuuuud will watch the match from the stands, I've read of a 6-week break + *maybe* surgery. So one diver less, hopefully. There are still a bunch of others, with Ronaldo-boy topping the list. We really need to neutralise that one + I don't care *how*. Milan will have a prob with their fast build-up + will lose possession all the time if they don't manage to speed up their own build-up play + unlearn pushing the ball around in midfield for too long... That is if they opt for a more open play. Alternatively we might give catenaccio a try, oh the Manure + the Brit media will hate it :D , but it could be a valid tactic. In any case I consider Milan tactically a lot more versatile which will hopefully give us the edge over them.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
I hope we finish them of in superior style but in the end I don´t care how we beat them.

A couple of my friends are Man Udt scum which make winning these two games very, VERY important. I can honestly say that their is no team in the history of football I hate more :) YEAH!!!

S

superman_1899

Melbourne said:
Of course Milan can win... but in the 2nd part of the season thus far Utd have been very good, last game they played was a 5-2 thumping.

I doubt how you could right any team off with the likes of; VNR, Rooney, Scholes, Ronaldo, Gigges etc.

dude, i think you got it all wrong... they have to worry about kaka, sheva, crespo, pirlo, seedorf(had to include him after his display with juve)...

and we toy-ed with europe's best defence...

Last edited:

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
superman_1899 said:
dude, i think you got it all wrong... they have to worry about kaka, sheva, crespo, pirlo, seedorf(had to include him after his display with juve)...

:) I agree.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
superman_1899 said:

good post but you can never underestimate a team like Man Utd them along with Juve always display great determination, desire to win and character

Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,kaka,dinho,pele
go milan

haha wat a nice draw..... its time for sheva to show everyone how good he is ........and i really wanna see how ac milan defence will kik c.ronaldo ass..hahaha..that ass **** will be never able to dribble across the defence of milan ....as usual man u will be out in the early stage...

S

superman_1899

San Paolo said:
good post but you can never underestimate a team like Man Utd them along with Juve always display great determination, desire to win and character

yes dude.... i never underestimate... because even a team like messina can beat us in our home ground.... but i just hate it when a fan loses faith in his team!!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
\..that ass **** will be never able to dribble across the defence of milan ....\[/QUOTE said:
hehehehehehe

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva_kaka said:
that ass **** will be never able to dribble across the defence of milan
lol ... but i'd rather say unless rino stays wider then usual (and cafu... u know it ;)), he might put those miserable crosses of his... (yuckk!!)

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MilanLover1899 said:
3 really big games : Juve Real - Barca Chelski - Milan Manu

Teames to go trough MILAN JUVE CHELSKI

wIN CL Milan !!!

Plus, one more ARSENAL - BAYERN

I hope that ARSENAL goes through... As far as the MILAN tie is concerned, I would have preferred either Man U or REAL.... I am sick and tired of this ENGLISH speaking and thinking that I follow soccer without even knowing the name of MILAN.... let's show these people that MILAN is far more rich in history of soccer and the result would prove it....

Last edited:

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Barca go through,Chelski go home

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
One thing that worries me is Ryan Giggs or C.Ronaldo running at Pancaro if he plays. :head:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
~Biski Biskit~ said:
One thing that worries me is Ryan Giggs or C.Ronaldo running at Pancaro if he plays. :head:
Nightmare scenario :D I suggest a healthy dose of roughness, dispensed within the first minutes, preferably to the ankle, heel or knee. You think old Pancaro would be up to it ? ;)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Nightmare scenario :D I suggest a healthy dose of roughness, dispensed within the first minutes, preferably to the ankle, heel or knee. You think old Pancaro would be up to it ? ;)

nope..but if stam comes back...maldini would be play thr...would do a better job...thn pancaro...but its the pace that worries me....even the fact that cafu attack 2 often could leave a hole for giggs n ronaldo to exploit..so...hmmmmmmmmmmm...a lil worried..wif that

Schedule