The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you write down all the qualities we need in a perfect CF for the way Pioli plays, Belotti is pretty damn close to the ideal candidate.

He has a bit of everything, but doesn't stand out at any of them.

He doesn't have the pace, grinta or dribbling ability of Rebic, the passing, holdup or linkup play of Ibra, the heading ability of Giroud.
He has been pretty wasteful for Torino in the last years.

If he doesn't step up his game, like Chiesa and Pirla when they moved to Juve, then I think he will end up being a backup.

Worth the risks as free agent.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

He doesn't have the pace, grinta or dribbling ability of Rebic, the passing, holdup or linkup play of Ibra, the heading ability of Giroud.

If he doesn't step up his game, like Chiesa and Pirla when they moved to Juve, then I think he will end up being a backup.

doesn't have to be perfect to fit perfectly.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Guys, I still feel bad for never finishing school. Do you recommend studying a BBA while running a business? I just applied for re-admission ( distance education )

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Guys, I still feel bad for never finishing school. Do you recommend studying a BBA while running a business? I just applied for re-admission ( distance education )

What kind of business you running? Wanna exchange some tips in pm?

To answer your question, it's never too late to study.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Likely teething problems.
Maldini doesn't seem to make mistakes with defenders, not with Massara and Moncada nowadays.

Plus, if he has any concentration issues, Ibra will beat them out of him, like he used to with Onyewu.

Great point although Duarte would like a word. Still, the post-Duarte defence signings have been outstanding relative to the prices paid.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Maybe if the team didn't let in two goals against ten men, people would have gotten higher ratings.

He wasn't at fault for either goal, was crucial in the first goal (winning the ball to give to Ibra to assist to Leao), put the cross in that led to the second goal, kept attacking the left side, winning the second red card, and had the strength to keep playing even after.

Tomori and Kjaer had worse games than him.

These are all good points and I commend him for getting Soriano sent off and playing on. However, I feel he was fortunate with Calabria?s goal (Skorupski mishandled an inaccurate cross) whereas Ibra?s defence splitting pass and Leao?s lucky deflection were the primary factors behind the first goal. Like I said, he was decent in spots but I saw too many misplaced crosses and a lack of authority in defence considering we were playing Bologna and not Juve.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These are all good points and I commend him for getting Soriano sent off and playing on. However, I feel he was fortunate with Calabria?s goal (Skorupski mishandled an inaccurate cross) whereas Ibra?s defence splitting pass and Leao?s lucky deflection were the primary factors behind the first goal. Like I said, he was decent in spots but I saw too many misplaced crosses and a lack of authority in defence considering we were playing Bologna and not Juve.

You keep putting in dangerous and difficult crosses, eventually something is going to happen. You keep making dangerous runs, carrying the ball with intent, you'll get free-kicks, penalties, and if you get past them, you'll be in a position to get assists and goals. Toure was doing well.

Toure kept pushing, wasn't a liability defensively--if you wanted to say that because we were facing 10, then 9 men, okay, I share that hesitation, but I see him improving game-by-game.

You can only play what is in front of you. And Bologna have shown they can be a tough team when they are up for it, and with a week to prepare, and an extra few days of rest, he did well.

I think there's enough to be positive about. Sure, there are concerns, he was bad against Verona, but he's showing promise.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
i'm 99% sure Kalulu will start to rest Calabria for the weekend.

also my crystal ball tells me Leao will come out for Theo at LB and FBT moves up
You and your theories :)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

It may not be as well. This will be his last big contract, it's maybe not worth it if he keeps wasting chances.

But even if he becomes a rotation option with Giroud next season that's a huge improvement in terms of availability.

Would be really fun to see how he'd manage in our team, and with his nice personality and well known Milanista heart he might not even claim a very big contract. Worth it at 4m?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Didnt like the squad spirit.

They seemed bored.

Who is threatened by Pioli's BTW?!
Looking with microscope for things that are wrong?

They looked calm, collected and appreciative of the moment. Look at Leao for instance.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
https://football-italia.net/wanda-icardi-signed-divorce-papers-but-were-back-together/

SnoopyMisguidedBat-max-1mb.gif

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score

I almost feel like this is a feature, and not a flaw.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mayor #Sala on the #stadio of #Milan and #Inter: "We are interested in moving forward, I understand the reasons for the teams because at the international level we need a modern system. If on both sides we take a step towards the other, yes can be positive "(Wembrace event)

We need nonsonoqui for the cynical take here!

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

They are perfect for each other.

I dont exclude Wanda plotted this. When Icardi screwed up by cheating with this other latina mom and screwing Niang's ex tranny. Im sure it went through her mind to drag a story out of it to her advantage. Icardi and his image comes secondary.

We all know what happens when Mauro retires from football. Just ask Melissa Satta and KPB.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Belotti is truly two footed, holds up the ball well, wins headers, is a leader, works hard, loves the team, and would come in for free. If he wants to come here to fight it out for a spot, I'm fine with it. Since his super season, Torino has continued to get worse. He's played for a dismal team, but his struggles for Italy create worries over his quality, his tendency toward feast-or-famine with regard to goals, and whether he can step up in big games. I get the feeling Belotti would only come if Ibra actually retires--the rumors so far seem to be that Ibra might extend for another year--so I get the feeling Belotti more likely replaces Vlahovic at Fiorentina.

A player I'd be curious about is Bernadeschi for free--even if we got Faivre, I feel like he'd be a great player to have for the rotation, whether as a RW option, a LW option--essentially he'd replace Messias and Samu assuming they are moved on in the summer. I wouldn't mind him, if his wages are manageable, to provide us cover. Any thoughts?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bernardeschi is better than samu thats for sure

As a free on minimum wage id take him why not

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Probable XI vs Torino: Tătăruşanu; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Ballo-Tour?; Tonali, Kessi?; Saelemaekers, Krunić, Le?o; Giroud. [MN]

Please no Krunic fuuuuuck

Hope he doesn't have a stinker AGAIN

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Belotti is truly two footed, holds up the ball well, wins headers, is a leader, works hard, loves the team, and would come in for free. If he wants to come here to fight it out for a spot, I'm fine with it. Since his super season, Torino has continued to get worse. He's played for a dismal team, but his struggles for Italy create worries over his quality, his tendency toward feast-or-famine with regard to goals, and whether he can step up in big games. I get the feeling Belotti would only come if Ibra actually retires--the rumors so far seem to be that Ibra might extend for another year--so I get the feeling Belotti more likely replaces Vlahovic at Fiorentina.

A player I'd be curious about is Bernadeschi for free--even if we got Faivre, I feel like he'd be a great player to have for the rotation, whether as a RW option, a LW option--essentially he'd replace Messias and Samu assuming they are moved on in the summer. I wouldn't mind him, if his wages are manageable, to provide us cover. Any thoughts?

Bernardeschi is a Raiola client no?

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

You must be dreaming if you genuinely think Raiola will let Milan have Bernadeschi for less wages than what he earn at Juventus.And what about his fat comission?Imo,for this 2 reason alone outweigh all the positive aspects that you might think Bernadeschi can bring to Milan...

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Mayor #Sala on the #stadio of #Milan and #Inter: "We are interested in moving forward, I understand the reasons for the teams because at the international level we need a modern system. If on both sides we take a step towards the other, yes can be positive "(Wembrace event)

We need nonsonoqui for the cynical take here!

Tbf, my only one really. I'm not even that cynical about our injuries.

But this one yeah...I'll believe it when I see it.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tbf, my only one really. I'm not even that cynical about our injuries.

But this one yeah...I'll believe it when I see it.

I think the new stadium will happen. If it wasn't an option I don't think Elliott would have much more motivation to stick around.

It'll just take forever because that's how Italy rolls lol.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At the start of the season I was saying that we can challenge for the scudetto if we can have another good start like we did last year. I never expected us to be doing even better. Pioli and the team have been magnificent under extremely unlucky conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule