Official: Pierre Kalulu Thread

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
So when kjaer gabbia and our supposed new defender comes in, where does this leave this great talent of ours ��

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
So when kjaer gabbia and our supposed new defender comes in, where does this leave this great talent of ours ��

at the first 11, along with Kjaer

Capitano to the bench alongside Gabbia, with the new defender coming only if one of our 4 CB go out on a loan

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Simakan just like Kalulu plays both CB and other positions like RB or DM.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Musa,conti, duarte will leave, he is going to be rotational rb and cb for cala, kjaer and gabbia.
Since gabbia can play both side, then maldini only need one cb for january/summer.

Cala/kalu, kjaer/gab/kalu, rog/gabbia/kabak, theo/dalot.

Best in serie A !!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
There is no good way to say “I told you so” but, I told you so. Although I anticipated he’d do so in his preferred position of RB, Kalulu is a starter already. Lyon wasn’t joking when they said the position was going to be his this season had he stayed. He’s ready, and he looks like he was born that way.

When you evaluate a young player you’re looking for a lot of things depending on their position on the field; technique, physical gifts, mentality, and lastly understanding of tactics. As a RB I was expecting Kalulu to be this physical specimen wingback with a great attacking qualities, but when I started watching some of his highlights I only saw somewhat average attacking talent. It made me question why Lyon was so upset in letting him go for nothing, so I kept watching and looking to see what I was missing. Then I saw it- in his eyes, in his face. Mentalita is a bit harder to notice in videos that only show a players best 15 seconds of action over and over, but you can see it.

The guy is unflappable, he’s a grown man at 20, and also quite fast, and seemingly made out of stone.

I think its still early, and he has much to learn yet, so I’m still waiting to see how he develops and trying to remain calm. Then I remember only 2 matches ago he committed an error on one end of the pitch- allowing Destro to score, but had the focus to go to the other end of the field and score to rescue the point. At 20, in his 3rd professional game ever.

He’s been consistently one of our most dangerous threats on set-pieces as well as one of the better defenders when facing them. He’s always present and steps up, doesn’t hide from the match, doesn’t get intimidated or shaken, even after making a mistake. Can somebody please find the gif of him jumping a foot higher than 6’4” Muriqi late in the game today? Thanks. And, I told you so.

Last edited:

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
There is no good way to say ?I told you so? but, I told you so. Although I anticipated he?d do so in his preferred position of RB, Kalulu is a starter already. Lyon wasn?t joking when they said the position was going to be his this season had he stayed. He?s ready, and he looks like he was born that way.

When you evaluate a young player you?re looking for a lot of things depending on their position on the field; technique, physical gifts, mentality, and lastly understanding of tactics. As a RB I was expecting Kalulu to be this physical specimen wingback with a great attacking qualities, but when I started watching some of his highlights I only saw somewhat average attacking talent. It made me question why Lyon was so upset in letting him go for nothing, so I kept watching and looking to see what I was missing. Then I saw it- in his eyes, in his face. Mentalita is a bit harder to notice in videos that only show a players best 15 seconds of action over and over, but you can see it.

The guy is unflappable, he?s a grown man at 20, and also quite fast, and seemingly made out of stone.

I think its still early, and he has much to learn yet, so I?m still waiting to see how he develops and trying to remain calm. Then I remember only 2 matches ago he committed an error on one end of the pitch- allowing Destro to score, but had the focus to go to the other end of the field and score to rescue the point. At 20, in his 3rd professional game ever.

He?s been consistently one of our most dangerous threats on set-pieces as well as one of the better defenders when facing them. He?s always present and steps up, doesn?t hide from the match, doesn?t get intimidated or shaken, even after making a mistake. Can somebody please find the gif of him jumping a foot higher than 6?4? Muriqi late in the game today? Thanks. And, I told you so.

Err,are you Maldini?:lol::lol::lol:

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
There is no good way to say ?I told you so? but, I told you so. Although I anticipated he?d do so in his preferred position of RB, Kalulu is a starter already. Lyon wasn?t joking when they said the position was going to be his this season had he stayed. He?s ready, and he looks like he was born that way.

When you evaluate a young player you?re looking for a lot of things depending on their position on the field; technique, physical gifts, mentality, and lastly understanding of tactics. As a RB I was expecting Kalulu to be this physical specimen wingback with a great attacking qualities, but when I started watching some of his highlights I only saw somewhat average attacking talent. It made me question why Lyon was so upset in letting him go for nothing, so I kept watching and looking to see what I was missing. Then I saw it- in his eyes, in his face. Mentalita is a bit harder to notice in videos that only show a players best 15 seconds of action over and over, but you can see it.

The guy is unflappable, he?s a grown man at 20, and also quite fast, and seemingly made out of stone.

I think its still early, and he has much to learn yet, so I?m still waiting to see how he develops and trying to remain calm. Then I remember only 2 matches ago he committed an error on one end of the pitch- allowing Destro to score, but had the focus to go to the other end of the field and score to rescue the point. At 20, in his 3rd professional game ever.

He?s been consistently one of our most dangerous threats on set-pieces as well as one of the better defenders when facing them. He?s always present and steps up, doesn?t hide from the match, doesn?t get intimidated or shaken, even after making a mistake. Can somebody please find the gif of him jumping a foot higher than 6?4? Muriqi late in the game today? Thanks. And, I told you so.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He does have the mentality of a winner from what I've seen. He is not easily shaken.

Which is why I think he can be like an Alaba or Kimich. someone who is smart enough to play multiple positions. He can probably do CDM and RB along with CB, if given the chance. Just an all around baller it seems like.

I love how he attacks the spaces when he wins a ball and drives the team forward.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Friend, you missed the most important aspect in your analysis. Kalulu has so much character and confidence. Young players need years and thousands of minutes on the field to form that. With Pierre this is all natural.

Very good post nonetheless. Keep it up

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He does have the mentality of a winner from what I've seen. He is not easily shaken.

Which is why I think he can be like an Alaba or Kimich. someone who is smart enough to play multiple positions. He can probably do CDM and RB along with CB, if given the chance. Just an all around baller it seems like.

I love how he attacks the spaces when he wins a ball and drives the team forward.

Friend, you missed the most important aspect in your analysis. Kalulu has so much character and confidence. Young players need years and thousands of minutes on the field to form that. With Pierre this is all natural.

Agree with you guys and jawz.

I believe he?s at the perfect club to prosper. This system works so well for young players like Kalulu because the sum is greater than the parts. No one really gets exposed aside from poor Krunic. He?s getting invaluable experience and guidance, I want him to stay as our 4th CB and grow in the system for the next couple of years.

His reading of the game and instincts are off the charts. His focus and physical attributes give him a chance to be great.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score

You said all I was trying to in far less words :thumbsup:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I hope he agrees to become CB mainly

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
After kalulu and theo why most rumoured cm cb from ligue1 we are interested prefer EPL lol?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I thought he was unfortunate to concede that soft penalty.

So impressive, I think he is talented enough to play multiple roles. His reading of the game is very good for such a young player.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
It was never a penalty an absolutely disgraceful decision.

He has immense talent and his runs out from defence setting up attacks were fantastic.

He could be a real jem of a CB if his growth continues.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No pen in the slightest.

I wonder how he would do as a CDM, the passing and creativity in buildup is there, as well as the athletic.

However, so far he looks 100% like a central player. I don‘t get any RB vibes at all.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
He’ll probably do some mistakes, but I’m very excited about his RB debut.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I love this guy. So full of confidence and determination.

Calabria is midfielder from now on :o

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
So elegant and with his speed, a bit Nesta-like.

A long way to go but a gem so far.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
What an insane fucking talent we got here. Will become WC if he keeps this up

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
The darker the flesh, the deeper the roots

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This was back in September 2020

Jean-Michel Aulas , president of Lyon , during a recent press conference spoke of Kalulu as follows: "I have a young man who was in France's Under 19 team last year. He should have signed as a professional but - reports BeinSports - at the last moment, he left for Milan. Earlier, on another topic, I was talking to Milan's sporting director Paolo Maldini, who told me that he probably won't make it. He left too quickly"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I love this guy. So full of confidence and determination.

Calabria is midfielder from now on :o
Still think he is better suited to CB than RB. Just doesnt have the attacking qualities a FB position needs

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
should've played versus juve

Schedule