Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This guy is becoming more embarrassing for every game. We can't keep him next season, nothing's gonna change, we'll continue seing the cut in fail time after time.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He was actually our only decent player today. You guys are like a broken record...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has regained his dribbling ability.
His performances of late are better than in Jan-March.

We still need off-ball runs/movement from him which he can't provide.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He cant be a starter for us next season if we are to move forward.

Not really.

I think both wings need an upgrade, and also we need a LB and a better midfielder than Kessie.

It depends on the market, if we can grab the right player, and sell Suso for the right price, of course, but if we can't do it so we keep Suso and fix the other issues, it would be still great, because the others are more urgent.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
he was clearly our best player

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Fluke assist. No more no less

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have a midfield that's set-up for counterattacks, and a RW that's suited for anything but counterattacks.(actually he's unsuitable for a lot of other things)

Suso's season went to shit when Biglia and Bonaventura got injured and Higuain self-destructed.
The slightly impressive possession game went with them.

That's not to say Suso is ideal for possession-oriented teams.
Far from it. A passenger will be a passenger regardless of system.

Suso is a very limited midtable player and his flaws have been highlighted more than ever in the last 5 months.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He would be good as an impact sub, when the defenders are tired and can't close him down. That left foot can do miracles. I think his accuracy is very good, if he manages to get past the defender.

He's also been improving his shift to cross with the right foot, which also provides unpredictability.

But, I agree, he shouldn't be a starter if we want aim for higher objectives, although he's surely not 1st on the list to go... there are others who are far worse (RR, Borini, Hakan).

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He would be good as an impact sub, when the defenders are tired and can't close him down. That left foot can do miracles. I think his accuracy is very good, if he manages to get past the defender.

He's also been improving his shift to cross with the right foot, which also provides unpredictability.

But, I agree, he shouldn't be a starter if we want aim for higher objectives, although he's surely not 1st on the list to go... there are others who are far worse (RR, Borini, Hakan).

I think you sum it up fairly. There are players worst than Suso. For me Suso is the most infuriating member of the team (when Bonaventura is injured)

Countless attacks he destroys with his lack of pace and poor decision making. At times I feel it would cause me less pain to repeatedly smash my head off of the wall than to watch Suso destroy a promising Milan attack!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
k9MF6De.gif

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
when was his last good form?

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
i think this will always be how most of us react to Suso.

he is a player that can change a game, he can, has, and we always hope he will do something.

But what we get, is a 90 min game, and a 5 second period where a suso pass or shot will find the net.

in 90 mins, we need multiple chances, multiple times for him to shoot, beat players, open up space.

But I think he has found, as long as he get an assist, plays that one pass, or can find that one shot, its enough.

This is the problem.

Samu shows that he will run at players constantly, try and beat them, get involved, and move around and off the ball.

if we had a pacy striker, maybe suso could do more, but as it is, we need players to beat their man, and find our ST in the box.

We must look to suso until the end of the season, and also play samu on the other side.
if we make CL, then we see if Suso wants to improve, be an impact player, or move on.

Even though he still is our most creative player by far.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Mister Sousos alias "Most Creative" : Football is simple :

- Make yourself available for the others in offensive and defensive phases.
- Once you got the ball, always look at first a better position for the players around you and PASS the fckin ball
- Nobody give a shit about you becoming soulier d'or winner, you have a striker you should provide at any cost, so just do it.

#AskSamu : When you pass the ball at first, sometimes it is coming back to you for an easy goal or shot, then u will probably win your soulier d'or after all !

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Me when I know Suso's gonna get the ball

LjJ7.gif

He might be bad on ball but he's much much worse off ball.
So much worse that even samusexuals and Championship level players like Borini would be less of an obstacle to progress.

Starting him in every game where he was available is the worst, most unforgivable thing Rino did here as a coach.
Worse than moving Calabria to the midfield rather than bringing on Monto, practically giving Fio the 3 points at San Siro.
Worse than taking out Biglia for an unready Baka against Napoli while we were still up.
He may have ruined those games with those decisions, but he ruined the second half of the season by not benching Suso.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah, Suso crossed the line where he didn't add something but actually being an obstacle, as you say. Rino took a chance because his ceiling is much higher than Borini or Samu (none of these guys have been impressive at all either, probably wouldn't have mattered much to play them).

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can understand Rino starting Suso for so long, because the options in Borini and Samu are not at all an improvement, BUT I think he could've changed to a formation less dependent on them, ex 4-4-2? You could even play Abate RB and Calabria/Conti RM or Biglia-Baka in the center and Kessie at RM.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Suso crossed the line where he didn't add something but actually being an obstacle, as you say. Rino took a chance because his ceiling is much higher than Borini or Samu(none of these guys have been impressive at all either, probably wouldn't have mattered much to play them).

You're looking at it the wrong way, like Rino.
You agree that he's an obstacle, but you're still undermining the negative impact his off-ball game has on the team.

I'm not sold on Samu. In fact I was maybe the only one that was critical of Samu's performance(goal and assist) in the 3-0 home win against Empoli, which also was the last time he started at RW ahead of Suso.
But if there's no Messi to warrant a passenger role then it's absolutely crucial that all the attackers move, press and make runs off-ball. Not so much for the defensive benefits as the offensive. We need more recoveries in the final third. We need more movement and runs, quicker transitions and less predictability in the opposition half.
Samu for all his flaws still provides that, and he has the end product to show for it. He has scored more than Suso and Hakan combined and assisted more than Suso since Christmas, in only a fraction of their time. That says more about Suso than Samu's brilliance, but this is also why it's so important to remove Suso.

I also disagree about the players' ceilings.
Players' decision-making improve with age/experience, but you don't see their athleticism improve after 20-25.
You just have it or not. Suso barely played at Liverpool so he's not a former wonderkid with high mileage like Rooney, and he hasn't had any nasty injuries that have kept him away from the pitch for a long time. And yet his stamina is remarkably poor. Guys like Flamini, SES, Vidal and Nainggolan on the other hand could be out injured for a year or two, spend the nights and days drinking and snorting, or keep themselves busy with entrepreneurial stuff and then go on to cover 13km with ease on their comeback.

If Suso is forced into making a run early in the game, like against Parma(I think), then that will be the last "exhausting" action from him that half.
He has very little room for improvement. His shots and crosses are good. He doesn't give away the ball easily. And yet he is so far off from making up for his weaknesses...

Samu's problem is not stamina or pace. It's decision-making.
I don't think he'll ever be a brainy player, but he could realistically make considerable improvements, unlike Suso with his unathleticism. He's also ridiculously skinny, but it's no big deal if you're a winger.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

His form dipped the MOMENT he got a child.. gattuso should have benched his ass when samu was in form.

He thinks he is the star-player of the team.. understandable when his coach sees him as “unbenchable”

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Having Suso in the team is like playing with 10 men bar the odd game in a 38 game season.

Not good enough for a CL team.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His predictability is what kills him.

- Vision? ZERO

- Passing? From shit to good. From the middle is utter shit From the right average to good.

- Shooting? From the right too predictable but sometimes almighty. Anywhere else on the pitch utter shit.

Nothing against Suso but his time is done and since Gattuso consider him vital for his plans then Gattuso has to go too.