Week 5: AC Milan vs Lazio - Tuesday 20/09/2016 - CL-TIME

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Niang had the same type of game you criticize Bonaventura about. He scored but had a shit game. Now if you're going to tell me he had a good game then that's blind fanboyism; the same one you accuse those Bonaventura fanboys of.

did i say he had a good game? did you read the first line of my post? I said Niang on the ball was quite bad yesterday... but off the ball he was amazing. But who here rates off the ball movements? Definitely not you and definitely not Gazzetta, nor whoscored nor any of these websites who people use like a bible to refer to to just prove a player had a good game (#necrotactics).

you're right, Niang had a performance very similar to Jacks bad games but he still won a penalty and scored one, still got in plenty of good positions to score, played in three different positions in the same game.... What did Jack do yesterday? He was awful, atrocious actually. Didn't do anything positive for his team the whole match.. his team mates put him in the right positions on a couple of occasions and he just wasted the attack like he usually does. And the sad thing is, Jack has been consistently shit for 1 full year now, even when the goals+assists where coming in for him this time last year. The game is played over 95 minutes and not just incidents which you take out of context.

And that's the difference between Niang and Bonaventura. Niang makes the team a whole lot better even when's bad... Jack just suffocates the teams creativity because he's selfish. He could not create anything for our other players and even when is in a good position to assist, he always choses to dribble and shoot and he has never had a dangerous shot on target from open play in the last year. His shots are all either off-target or straight at the keeper. But yet, you rate Jack a whole lot higher than Niang who already is a better player than Bonaventura ever was and he's 5 years younger.....

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
did i say he had a good game? did you read the first line of my post? I said Niang on the ball was quite bad yesterday... but off the ball he was amazing. But who here rates off the ball movements? Definitely not you and definitely not Gazzetta, nor whoscored nor any of these websites who people use like a bible to refer to to just prove a player had a good game (#necrotactics).

you're right, Niang had a performance very similar to Jacks bad games but he still won a penalty and scored one, still got in plenty of good positions to score, played in three different positions in the same game.... What did Jack do yesterday? He was awful, atrocious actually. Didn't do anything positive for his team the whole match.. his team mates put him in the right positions on a couple of occasions and he just wasted the attack like he usually does. And the sad thing is, Jack has been consistently shit for 1 full year now, even when the goals+assists where coming in for him this time last year. The game is played over 95 minutes and not just incidents which you take out of context.

And that's the difference between Niang and Bonaventura. Niang makes the team a whole lot better even when's bad... Jack just suffocates the teams creativity because he's selfish. He could not create anything for our other players and even when is in a good position to assist, he always choses to dribble and shoot and he has never had a dangerous shot on target from open play in the last year. His shots are all either off-target or straight at the keeper. But yet, you rate Jack a whole lot higher than Niang who already is a better player than Bonaventura ever was and he's 5 years younger.....
I get what you're trying to say but why compare a forward to a midfielder....especially as Jack is positioned deeper and Niang is sort of expected to be better at converting chances?

By the time Jack, who isn't exactly a speed demon, brings the ball up into a position of danger he has at least two defenders to get past. His chances are always going to be lower percentage (half-chances) than Niang's.

I appreciate the fact that Niang is actually quite good at making his own chances in the final third and also am hopeful that his finish gets better with time.

I'm a fan of both btw

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Niang had the same type of game you criticize Bonaventura about. He scored but had a shit game. Now if you're going to tell me he had a good game then that's blind fanboyism; the same one you accuse those Bonaventura fanboys of.

didnt see the match but this post is starting exhibit shades of pretend-congo in it. so here

a_broken_record_5000_by_yotrailmix-d303uk7.jpg

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I get what you're trying to say but why compare a forward to a midfielder....especially as Jack is positioned deeper and Niang is sort of expected to be better at converting chances?

By the time Jack, who isn't exactly a speed demon, brings the ball up into a position of danger he has at least two defenders to get past.

hitman mentioned contribution to the team.

so

a midfielder and a forward would have different qualities. utilising those qualities, they would be able to contribute to the team. contribution to teamplay can be a quantitative thing and as such hitman is saying niang so far has provided a greater quantity to the team as a forward as opposed to jack as a midfielder.

its not rocket science and for the nerd-stats maybe they can find the time to back up this claim.

based on past evidence the team suffers heavily when niang is not present. when niang is present he has a high chance of scoring a goal and/or chances to convert into goals. our non-existent midfield has a better out option when he is on the field.

but you know, ppl still say he has nothing going for him. oh well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

By the time Jack, who isn't exactly a speed demon, brings the ball up into a position of danger he has at least two defenders to get past. His chances are always going to be lower percentage (half-chances) than Niang's.

I appreciate the fact that Niang is actually quite good at making his own chances in the final third and also am hopeful that his finish gets better with time.

I'm a fan of both btw
Suddenly I find your posts word for word accurate! Great post.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Suddenly I find your posts word for word accurate! Great post.

I think at this stage of the season, we should allow the guys time to adapt to Montella's system before we judge who's performing and who is a flop etc.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I feel sorry for Bona actually.
He is judged while played out of his natural position.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think at this stage of the season, we should allow the guys time to adapt to Montella's system before we judge who's performing and who is a flop etc.

but of course. trouble is that ppl cant see past the prejudice they have been predisposed to.

Reaction score
I've recently seen written in a couple of places that Bacca's goal was his first touch of the game. I find that really hard to believe. Can someone confirm or deny this for me?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I've recently seen written in a couple of places that Bacca's goal was his first touch of the game. I find that really hard to believe. Can someone confirm or deny this for me?

I can only say that according to WhoScored he had 29 touches during the game, now I don't know how much before the goal.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
yes, but why the fuck people continue to post in an old thread for days
i only open it from the home page and thought it was fiore.
Love of a good performance. You keep thinking about the that's happened. It fulfils your entire being in a way no woman, food or drugs can. There is no sincerer love in a man than his love for his football club.