Milan squad for 2015-16

char21

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So Another season goes in vain. No return to Europe let alone the Champions League.Who is to blame? CEO? Rookie Coach? or the players? Probably all of them
So its April and its easy to say but we have to wipe out all the memories straight away. Start thinking about next season from right away.
So taking into account the players leaving and at the end of the expiry of contratcs, who could stay and who could leave? Here is my take:
Squad size should be max 23-24.

GKs:
Lopez: Absolutely sure to stay, our player of the season
Abiatti: Should retire (but I think will be renewed for one more year)
Agazzi: Should be sold for whatever amount even if it is less than half a million.Frees up 1 spot
Gabriel: Should be allowed to stay at Carpi as they will be in Serie A, will gain much needed first flight experience.
Gori: Should be promoted and take the place of Agazzi
Donarruma should be used as and when required to cover up places

So total no. is 3 (Lopez, Gori, Abiatti)

Defenders:
Very hard to predict but we need a massive clearup
Mexes: Gone gone gonner, that's it. Frees up millions and a spot
Rami: Only defender with some market value, should be sold if a good offer arrives (6-7 millions may be from a french side)
Zapata: would like him to go but probably will stay
Alex: Will stay till the end of his contract as nobody will like to move for him except our old baldie
Paletta: decent option at CB, should stay
Bocchetti: Should be sent packing to Russia
Zaccardo: Enough of this man sitting in the locker room, should be sold to a Serie B side (as they would be the only one interested I guess)
Antonelli: Should and will stay
Abate: Will stay
De Sciglio: Heart says he will be sold to balance the books and here goes our youth policy..
Albertazzi: Send him on loan to smaller team
This leaves us to our all time great defender Daniele Bonera: Just get **** out of here right now....
So total no: 6 (Rami, Zapata, Paletta, Abate, Antonelli, Alex, but I think it will be 7 as we are stuck with Bonera for lifetime)
So we have 1-2 spots to be filled: (Munoz is gone as he will be a Sam player next season..So probably Albertazzi/Zaccardo will be allowed to stay as a backup and one defender will be added to the roster. We need a better defender...

Midfielders:It doesn't need an astrologer to say that we needs to fix this department and needs a massive investment (Mr. Bee/Lee are you listening?)
De Jong: last 6 weeks for him to be seen in Milan jersy (bad thing)
Essien: last 6 weeks for him to be seen in Milan jersy (good thing)
Muntari: last 6 weeks for him to be seen in Milan jersy (best thing)
Poli: Will stay
Monti: Will stay for sure
Bonaventura: Should stay (our best player after Lopez, De Jong and Menez)
Van Ginkel: will leave as Chelsea wont give a discount
So total no: 3 (Bona, Monti, Poli) so as clear as that we need at least 3-4 reinforcements apart from primavera upgrades.
Modic/ Mastalli should be promoted. No to Verdi yes to Saponara..
Baselli is set to arrive but we need 2 world class midfielders? Kondogbia, Oscar ohh yesss
and yes I purposefully forgot Nocerino...

Forwards: What have we got this season after packing our squad with lot of wingers and forwards? Ohh but hello we are Milan and we are Silvio..

Cerci: Should be sent packing to Atleti but it wont happen as his replacement that will come from them is even worse, so will stay unless Atleti gets a massive offer for him
Suso: should and would stay (only bright light in the tunnel as far as youth movement is considered)
El Shaarawy: I have a feeling that he will be sold at a cut prize deal this summer
Menez: will stay (for sporting purpose)
Honda: will stay (for commercial purpose)
Pazzini: two goals in the entire season, enough of this mediocrisy and ohh yes his contract is up this summer
Destro: Should be sent to Roma
Niang: Should be allowed to stay at Genoa for one more season
A biggg no to Matri but probably will be here next season to replace Pazzo?
A even bigger no to Robinho but good thing is Santos wants him.
One more year loan to Petagna and Odumadi

So total no: 5 (Menez, Honda, Cerci, Suso, Matri)
So we have 1 more spot and we need a world class striker but if we get 1-2 world class midfielders in the budget allocated instead of a striker, will be the best thing to happen. In that case a yes to Niang?

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
didn't read, lol

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
So Another season goes in vain. No return to Europe let alone the Champions League.Who is to blame? CEO? Rookie Coach? or the players? Probably all of them

We don't you get into buddhism, transcendental meditation and new age music?

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
It will be interesting to see what we do with our loanees (Gabriel-Niang-Saponara-Matri-Robinho-Birsa-Nocerino) . We could get some money for sure.

NoPoliNoParty

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all! First post!

Would like to think we will free up wages and replace players such as De Jong, Essien, Muntari, Zapate, Zaccardo, Nocerino etc. on players like Witsel, Veratti, Kondogbia etc.

Wishful thinking, may not happen all at once but we need to start introducing quality now.

Also add Lacazette and Falcao in the forward department. Would be insane.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. I think you will get along with one member here just fine.

Last edited:

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
I would keep the following players :
GK: Diego Lopez, Abbiati
Rb: Abate,De sciglio
Lb: Antonelli
Cb: Paletta-Rami-Alex-Mexes(lower wages)
Mid: Montolivo-Bonaventura-Poli-Suso-MVG
Att: Honda-Menez-El92-Cerci

That would leave us with an 18 man roster which would leave room for 1-2 player returns and 5-6 nice signings. But again there are a lot of question marks: Will we resign abate (i think so)?, will we keep MVG on more year on loan, will we sell Menez, will we keep cerci on loan or send him packing, do we sacrifice Mds or el92 (who havent been good)?...

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Hachim Mastour?

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would keep the following players :
GK: Diego Lopez, Abbiati
Rb: Abate,De sciglio
Lb: Antonelli
Cb: Paletta-Rami-Alex-Mexes(lower wages)
Mid: Montolivo-Bonaventura-Poli-Suso-MVG
Att: Honda-Menez-El92-Cerci

That would leave us with an 18 man roster which would leave room for 1-2 player returns and 5-6 nice signings. But again there are a lot of question marks: Will we resign abate (i think so)?, will we keep MVG on more year on loan, will we sell Menez, will we keep cerci on loan or send him packing, do we sacrifice Mds or el92 (who havent been good)?...

mvg can gtfo.

one of mexex/alex has to go.the other needs to half his wages.

also if a good offer comes for menez he can gtfo(i d like to use him for monaco swap+money for either kondogbia or falcao or both)

other than that i agree.saponara can come back or be sold(if the offer is good) to generate money.niang can come back if we have a youth friendly coach or remain on loan for another year.

the only players i d buy from serie a would be darmian, f anderson, dybala.actually all 3 should be a must as they can play where we need reinforcements.

Schedule