Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Surely, SES will play as the LW?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imo,if we have at least 30 points at the end of the year, then we can still hope for third place and UCL. 16 points from 7 games. It's hard but it can be done. We can only lose one and draw one game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. FORZA MILAN!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
2012%2f11%2fFewest-Goals.jpg

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/glohm...orst-Entertainment-Value#.UJ1dhBtdOyo.twitter

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Ok, so we can safely take us out of the scudetto race. As far as I'm concerned the race for third and eurospots has always been unpredictable so we should start keeping our eye on the ball. Important figures are how many matches played/to be played, our spot, how far behind/in front we are for third and fifth(last euro spot).

11 games - 27 left
10-th
9 points behind third place Napoli
5 points behind fifth place Lazio

:c:

source - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739

12 games - 26 left
13-th
12 points behind third place Napoli
8 points behind fifth place Lazio

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/live/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739 (inter-Atalanta will not affect these stats)

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Unless we make drastic changes in January, looks like we won't be playing Champions League football next season.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
RRTeP.jpg

Basically about the call's between Galliani ,Berlusconi and Max. The confirmation as coach. The possible arrivals -Yanga,Balo,Merkel
Sales - Robi-KPB which they hope to get a collective 30mil (guessing wages are factored in)
Alternatives for coach-Tassoti,Pippo,Carlo,Pep,Montella
Pato getting attacked by 100 or so fans whilst driving from the game :

google translate:
When passed, with his car, Pato was surrounded by a group of people. Only a part of the hundred that stationed outside the stadium. It was forced to stop, it is been heavily addressed, some pat is over also on his car. It was a real their aggression that has severely tested the fragile bomber already upset serious mistake from the spot and the consequences (rimarcate by Allegri press conference) that she had sullesito dellincontro.

COMPARISON - Today at Milanello, the resumption of training, Pato face Allegri
and asked him to have a clarification. Not intended to be humiliated,
wants to return to his par levels and it also needs a strong support
psychology that seems to come at this time by the manager.

Above all deeper and can not involve only the individual players. At Villa San Martino
(Arcore), where yesterday the Prime Minister Berlusconi had lunch as usual with children
including Barbara, was also noted by this problem. Lattuale management of Pato by Allegri is considered wrong, not suitable for the physical and mental recovery of a sample which is an absolute value for the company via Turati.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Kku8F.jpg

Braida scouted Lopez (5mil according to them)...apparently we tried him last summer and we have a deal in place for Yanga.Also scouted Mugni,Paredes ,Ruiz from San Lorenzo,Rodrigo Mora (Uruguayan 87) and Rogelio Funes Mori and Ezequiel Ciriglian. Matuzalem also seen as an option in January . Inter trying to hijack the Lopez deal and sent Valentino Angeloni to scout him.

Things have been pretty bad for Mediaset which reported (a first time ever) a loss in the third quarter of 88.4 million,while the first nine months of the year showed a loss of 45.4 million.Milan intends to get rid of - between January and June - Robinho, Mexes (8 more million gross) and Boateng (half).Robinho's value may no longer be high, but Milan are confident that they can get at least 8-9 million which, combined with the savings of his wage (12 million gross saved from the remainder of his contract), leading to nearly 20 million total.But there is a possible new contender (after attempts of summer Malaga): the Guangzhou, the Chinese team coached by Marcello Lippi. The club are interested in Italy,specifically in Milan.
They will probably attend the match between Zenit and AC Milan in the Champions League on December 4 and that might be this opportunity to
enter into negotiations (unlike Santos, the Chinese do not have financial problems,but ...). Lippi is looking for reinforcements, such as Mexes and Boateng, but the goal seems to be Robinho. There is the possibility of a future commercial partnership as Berlusconi , notoriously, seeking foreign partners to lift the team. At the same time you could also talk about future employment with the Rossoneri by Marcello Lippi, who in Milan could become general manager .

Last bit is about the matches Bonera will miss...Napoli,Anderlecht,Juve,Catania and Zenit...his return seems most likely to come against Pescara...then they talk about Yepes and Zapata not being likely due to their travels and who might be the CB duo...leaning toward mexes-Acerbi and Bojan has recovered from the ankle injury.

GDS
Talking bout Montella ,supported Milan from 13-15 then became a Napoli fan.IMO seems like a much more likely destanation ,not that I think he'll move anywhere soon .

Talks about Berlu oppening wallet for january buys.Again talks of robinho leaving for 8-9mil...and list of surplus players -Traoré, Didac Vilà,Mesbah, Strasser, Valoti and a defender between Zapata and Acerbi.
Priority for Galliani seems to be striker and defender.

Also reporting that Nocerino might start and a change to a 4-3-3 against Napoli as allegri found that the double pivot struggled against Fiorentina and will look to play Rico,Noce and Nigel against Napoli.

TBH was going to write about this ,but more when Sulley returns ,but I do agree with the rationale behind the change. Double pivot wont help in the long run...just hope he doesn't fall back to a 4312....need to play in a system that negates the need for a CAM

4-3-3 A)keeps SeS on the LW,b)reduces the need to cover as much (keeps him higher up the pitch) c) Helps for more integration with the likes of Noce being much better in a 3 man (even though he's been poor -can still contribute) d)No CAM ,Bojan might have been good there ,but if he's injured (needs rest),back to square one , e)more protection for the defense and more freedom for Rico

Last edited:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
euvZ7.jpg

GDS-Main topic is about Berlusconi's visit and Galliani's meeting with Perez and new CB target is Papada.....los and Dossena.

Galliani has already returned to Milan , his words:"A commercial meeting, nothing more. " which (according to this author) puts to rest all transfers related , Marcelo , Albiol and Ricardo Carvalho. Galliani was seen with Florentino Perez, but again only for commercial reasons. Apparently Galliani won't be present for Silvio's visit ,so it will be direct contact with Allegri and the players. He should arrive at 11:30 before the begining of training.

They claim the renewal of Mbiwa has made us change interest - Papa.Again listing the usual suspects to sell to fund the move ...claim that if we sell Didac and Mesbah we will replace them with Dossena.

The numbers:
We have 10 points less than at the same stage last season.No other Serie A team has a worse record in comparison to last year.

6 losses after 12 games,only time we had a poorer record was 1941-1942 with 7 losses (1(H)-6(A))

4 losses out of 7 at home ,last time this happened 1930-1931

14 points after 12 rounds ,to find less : 1981-82

Barbara talking about the need to approve the construction of stadiums

Last bit is about the meeting of Guangzhou which is happening 6-7 Dec. and possible commercial deals etc etc

Urby interview

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
very little change

12 games - 26 left
13-th
12 points behind third place Napoli

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/live/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739 (inter-Atalanta will not affect these stats)

13 games - 25 left
Milan position - 12-th
12 points behind third place Fiorentina/Napoli

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milanello Allenamento 27-11-2012 Part 1 & 2

AL passing skills at 12:23 :star:

Last edited:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^ That was actually really good. Too bad Niang didn't finish.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Last 5 3rd place qualifer points

2011/12- 64 points
2010/11- 70 points
2009/10- 70 points
2008/09- 74 points
2007-08- 72 points

Average of 70 points, which is about what i expect.

Currently 3rd/4th are tied on 28 points on 14 gameS, which would be on pace for 76 points. That is normal though, not everyone has played each other and a lot of harder fixtures in seocnd half.

So if we're to assume 70 is about what you need for 3rd (which is generally my rule of thumb).... most years 1-3 scores 80-70 points, 4-6- 70-60 points, 7-9 60-50 points

Currently we're on 18 points at 14 fixtures.

That means in 24 games, we need 52 points, in otherwords... 2.17 points per match. In otherwords, legitimate scudetto pace (that's 82 points over 38 games)

so to get to 20-10-8, 70 points....

we'd need 15 wins, 7 draws, 2 losses from here on out? Is that really possible with this squaD? IMO our squad would need a miracle... IMO it's entirely too inconsistent and no coaching change will take that. It's hard but not impossible. I don't think it'll happen but if things align correctly, yes. We're going to need
1) injury luck, muntari can be a big boost. We certainly can't afford to lose anyone like montolivo or el shaarawy and robinho needs to stay fit
2) continued improvement of players like montolivo, robinho, de jong, mexes, el shaarawy, boateng and of course... pato.
3) some luck with other teams (perhaps an injury crisis or some other crisis at inter or napoli or juve
4) Perhaps a january signing or two to fill gaps

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Great post :thumbsup:

I think achieving 3rd place is very possible. Especially because I believe we'll have a decent winter mercato.

However, i'd be completely satisfied with a europa league spot, cl last 16/ QFs, and Coppa Italia finalists (possibly winners). I think these are the most realistic objectives at this point.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Great post :thumbsup:

I think achieving 3rd place is very possible. Especially because I believe we'll have a decent winter mercato.

However, i'd be completely satisfied with a europa league spot, cl last 16/ QFs, and Coppa Italia finalists (possibly winners). I think these are the most realistic objectives at this point.

the problem with markets is, unless they are established pro who fits our system, like MVB was.... you have to expect growing pains.

Not saying we should not buy or look to it, i'm just saying, if it takes 2 months to settle and hit their form in serie A without a camp or knowing the language (like it too de jong for ex.).... we might be done

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
the problem with markets is, unless they are established pro who fits our system, like MVB was.... you have to expect growing pains.

Not saying we should not buy or look to it, i'm just saying, if it takes 2 months to settle and hit their form in serie A without a camp or knowing the language (like it too de jong for ex.).... we might be done

I agree but I think our number 1 target for the winter is some type of creative player, whether it be an am, cm or rw. Assuming it is not a teen, i don't think it will necessarily take them that long to adapt.

We have 4 more games till the break (not including Zenit). Only tough one I see is away to Roma. Assuming our key players maintain their form and Robinho stays healthy, I can see us drawing/ winning that game. But the other 3 should be definite wins at this point.

So let's just say we get 9 points from now till the break, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that'll put as at about 7th, maybe 6th place (if Roma loses against Viola and we get a draw or win). That's not bad at all given how we started out.

Regarding the winter mercato, I do agree w/ Berlu that we should focus on the 22-23 aged players but i'm hoping for one veteran, experienced player (like MVB or even Yepes). I don't think going FULL arsenal mode is a good idea.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anything below 28 points come x-mass and we can say goodbye to the 3rd place and UCL.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
No Dubai training for Milan
By Football Italia staff

There will be no winter training retreat in Dubai for Milan this season, reports the Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Rossoneri have headed east in recent campaigns once the championship takes a break after Christmas.

However, the Diavolo will instead opt to train at their Milanello base this time around ahead of the Serie A restart on January 6.

Should the city of Milan be hit by bad weather over the festive period, the Rossoneri will transfer to another Italian location.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milan is now in the 7th position, with 21 points, and only 7 points away of the Champions League zone

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan is now in the 7th position, with 21 points, and only 9 points away of the Champions League zone
ATM the third place is 7 points from us ...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just correct it, thank you, it was a typo mistake.

Ok. Second place a'ka guaranteed group stage ticket is 9 points. But that's all with one game more than others have played. We'll see the right picture after the weekend.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ok. Second place a'ka guaranteed group stage ticket is 9 points. But that's all with one game more than others have played. We'll see the right picture after the weekend.

Let us hope man.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
torino, pescara, roma

#taskforce

Schedule