Samu Castillejo Thread

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
He showed a lot in that game. Fantastic touch on his passes, that finish was absolutely world class, and other than one occasion he stayed on his feet and abandoned his theatrics. Really excited to see more of him after this performance.

Yes.

I'm a bit fed up with Suso. If he shows up for games again that'll be great, but even tho his best games are great his inconsistency over a full season makes him an extremely annoying player. As far as Suso is concerned, having Castillejo threatening his place in the first XI is the best thing that could've happened.

For years we have been longing for someone to put pressure on Suso. Well now we have it.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Looked more dangerous in 20 mins then Slowso did the rest of the game. Hope he starts on the weekend.

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Looked more dangerous in 20 mins then Slowso did the rest of the game. Hope he starts on the weekend.

Totally agree. Suso was non existent the whole time he was on. Give Samu a chance. Can't be any worse than what Suso was last night.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Is fans loving a hardworking player unheard of?

1: are stupid fans on social media not knowing what they're talking about unheard of?

2: what does it matter anyway, he hasn't showed that here. He's tactically poor, especially in defense.

3: "Basing it on what fans were saying on social media" :lol::lol::lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1: are stupid fans on social media not knowing what they're talking about unheard of?

2: what does it matter anyway, he hasn't showed that here. He's tactically poor, especially in defense.

3: "Basing it on what fans were saying on social media" :lol::lol::lol:

umm, did you even read the whole conversation? You seem to be completely missing the context and the point I was trying to make.

His reputation among his previous club's fans was brought up to show that he is a very defensive minded player for an attacker.
The point was not that he's great defensively, or that I love Castillejo because he's great defensively. On the contrary, I was saying he's being too defensive-minded. We didn't need a 2nd right-wingback against Empoli.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really positive trend lately. Winterbreak and half a year at the club has probably helped with settling in.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Another good performance. He’s beginning to show that he can become a very good squad player and his decision making has definitely improved. Hopefully we can ship out Suso + Hakan and replace them with 2 quality wingers to rotate with Samu.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i would 100% keep hakan and sell suso

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's very skilled and works hard for the team + he seems yo be able to cover both flanks

Samu is a decent back up and I don't see us losing anything on him if he continues improving

He's actually got a lot of grinta, which isn't what his appearance would suggest lol

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great display of pace tonight.
Keeps sending positive signals, I hope it all starts to work out in his game soon.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4 goals from 29 shots. (0 penalties)
4 goals and 2 assists from 959 mins in Serie A. A goal or assist every 160 mins.

Nothing amazing, but it is amazing compared to Hakan's 1 goal from 85 attempts, and 1 goal and 6 assists in 2477 mins(a goal or assist every 354 mins).

It's also slightly better than Suso's goal/assist every 188 mins.

Now have in mind it is his first year outside La Liga and a lot of those appearances were on the less favored left flank. Not to mention he works hard off-ball and is a counter threat, unlike Suso.

I'm far from convinced by Samu, but I'm also not convinced that Suso is a better option.

It's a shame that Rino never had the sense to bench Suso and give Samu a few consecutive starts on his preferred flank.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
dJhUTws.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/1buV0MR.gifv

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Needs a change of scene. Probs best to loan him with option if we can find some la Liga team who’s interested

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Very average player.

Shame that we won't get no offers for him.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He was so bad that he made Andrè Silva look like a skilled and competent player

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He was so bad that he made Andrè Silva look like a skilled and competent player

Disagree on that one. Silva looks worse.

As bad as Samu is, he seems to be trying, Silva on the other hand looks like he doesn't even want to wear the shirt and be somewhere else.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Disagree on that one. Silva looks worse.

As bad as Samu is, he seems to be trying, Silva on the other hand looks like he doesn't even want to wear the shirt and be somewhere else.

I agree on the bold part, but the more he tries, the more he's painful for my eyes. His dribbling attepts looks like when a fly tries to pass through a glass.

Silva showed at least a bit of composure.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Where are El Fideo's haters? Did we play better without him?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind him and Rebic flanking Piatek in the derby.
Much rather him than Suso.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Interesting thought. Castillejo has always looked more accomplished on the right than on the left the few times he has played there.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Be useful for once, please. Only if it's tonight match. (I'm aware that I'm asking for much, but still..)