The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 15-08-2019, 01:11   #25261
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioReality View Post
defenses will have no answer for giampaolo's milan
absolutely. but at this point I don't care if correa arrives or not. just want milan to play. let's gooooo.
Soldier_of_god is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:12   #25262
leaf
Dead man walking

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Given my idolisation of my namesake I'm equally indisposed to any "glimpses of the same untruth".

My intention though was to be sharp and funny with a snap and not to engage in any religious discussion. As an officer I keep my own opinions but tread lightly but firmly around those who harbour others whatever I may think myself. One should always treat any social encounter as smoothly as possible and not hurt anyones feelings.
That's cool. Hitchens was a boss.
The double standard does exist on the forum though
#FightItWhileYouStillCan

Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
worst defender we've ever had
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz
leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:16   #25263
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
The double standard does exist on the forum though
#FightItWhileYouStillCan

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/phot..._460svvp9.webm

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:20   #25264
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post

#FightItWhileYouStillCan

Stay strong brother.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:24   #25265
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

Since I can't sleep and my last posts remain unanswered I might as well share some thoughts.

I think we've had an absolutely fantastic mercato so far and the reasons are many layered.

Overall, we were close last year with a squad no one cherished. The players were a mix of the mediocrity of the Galliani years with the main build blocks from the disastrous 2017 window. Still we were almost in CL contention.

I love Maldini a lot. I know everyone in here loves him, but I've always thought of him highly even tho I know he was only a football player. He seemed intelligent as a player and as a retiree, and when he boarded the plane last summer I felt a thousand times more wonderful than when Leo was confirmed. Not because he knows football, but because coolness, 30 years in the business as an observer and intelligence really matters. The resignations of Rino and Leo where like lightning bolts in here because of the uncertainty that they created. The way Gazidis dealt with that situation and the subsequent yes of Maldini and then Boban meant for me that we had the coolest thinkers and lookers in football in charge. And they're ambitious.

What happened first? We bid farewell to two tumours and one mediocrity in Montolivo, Bertolacci and Mauri. The decision to set Zapata free caused a lot of turmoil but memory is short and we all know how insecure he looked in the four(?) previous seasons before he finally looked ready in the last one. Not da Milan.

Krunic was confirmed early. What to think? Well for one thing he looked like an agile and able player to bolster our bench from those videos, and to an extent that he might be clawing at the first XI in a way we haven't experienced since... Well?

With building momentum we confirmed Giampaolo as our coach. I'm an instinctive guy and I sure as shit won't write a dissertation on his tactics, but this is a real coach loved in Italy with an offensive mode of play. His experience, charisma and classy confidence in himself have been calming factors in the whole of the summer. He's a the helm and it's spreading confidence to players as well as fans.

Rodriguez has been a source of immense frustration among the posters in here, Maldini himself moved with purpose and confidence to sign Theo Hernandez as our starting LB. A marvellous move. The way Theo seemed both ready and awed at the press conference gave me immense belief.

Bennacer and Duarte arrived after saga-like proportions, especially for the former. Both sagas were tell tales of how little the media knew, with Kabak, Demiral, Veretout and other being strongly rumoured to be our targets. Duarte is of course a complete unknown but all signs point to him being very talented. Bennacer have not only his AFCON credentials but solid seasons in Serie A to back up his promise.

Leao came out of the blue but packs plenty of promise. We must remember that we already have a strong group, and although the numerical rotation is substantial our core remains largely untouched. Leao arrives with an important price tag but not big stats expectations which I think is healthy.

In summary I will say wee have a strong defense and midfield but still lack competitiveness in the final third. Signing Correa will definitely address this problem, but I wonder if it's enough for a 10/10. With Correa arriving I'm landing on a 9,5/10, with the surprising effectiveness and ability Maldini has shown on the market with limited resources. Modric would be fantastic but somewhat Gallianiesque with the treq position lacking a serious reinforcement before we can count ourselves on paper as a given contender for top 3.

There's a lot of work to do, and I expect frustrating August and Septembers results wise.

Forza Milan my brothers. May we join our birthright company next fall!
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:25   #25266
vB9
Man with a Plan

Trumpguy Ndombele - Wud've glady scarified both Bennacer & Kessie for him.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 15-08-2019, 01:29   #25267
MarioReality
syrup sippin assassin

nope.

Signature
our ascent back to greatness.
MarioReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:29   #25268
MarioReality
syrup sippin assassin

we'll be fending off 60+m offers for both kessie and bennacer next season

Signature
Old 15-08-2019, 01:30   #25269
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
Trumpguy Ndombele - Wud've glady scarified both Bennacer & Kessie for him.

You haven’t even seen bennacer play yet
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:34   #25270
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

I would probably want and be able to write a masters degree on Paolo Maldini's transition from player legend to director. I have to find out how to make that relevant. Real interesting stuff.
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 01:35   #25271
vB9
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
You haven’t even seen bennacer play yet

But I watched the 1st MOTD on iPlayer just now... Ndombele, wow!

Its wot Mbaka was meant to be!

Signature
Old 15-08-2019, 01:51   #25272
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Sky have no clue about Milan atm. Literally useless lol.

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken, the sleeping giant just hit snooze on its alarm 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 02:39   #25273
Milanista92
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Sky have no clue about Milan atm. Literally useless lol.
yup, they said the same thing last week. Correa has told monaco on 10 different occasions according to them

Signature
get Borini off my team
Milanista92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 02:42   #25274
OVUNQUE CON TE
World Cup Winner

Too late to sign players now, our season is already fucked.

Signature
Insert text here...
OVUNQUE CON TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 02:49   #25275
MarioReality
syrup sippin assassin

apparently correa is one of the biggest character guys in the game. we can definitely use some more of that after some of the soft floaters we've signed in the past

Signature
Old 15-08-2019, 04:49   #25276
Tantalis
Heyoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVUNQUE CON TE View Post
Too late to sign players now, our season is already fucked.

Signature

Fabio Borini: "My nose is bleeding and we should finish every game by bleeding!"
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 06:16   #25277
Chiko
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
SKY - Correa's agent has changed plans. He will first meet the Atletico mgmt to let them know he will not accept Monaco and only wants Milan. He will thenunderstand the conditions to take the player to Milan.

He will then meet w Milan to try and close the deal
Somehow the media know that Correa doesn’t want to accept the offer from Atlético but Atlético themselves don’t know. These stories are such garbage.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 06:59   #25278
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post

@hitchens do you have to say anything about piercing eyes?

This is srssrscalcio eyes.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 08:25   #25279
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
apparently correa is one of the biggest character guys in the game. we can definitely use some more of that after some of the soft floaters we've signed in the past
Would you like to elaborate?
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 08:35   #25280
MilanBG
World Cup Winner

Man, literally nothing is leaking. I am so bored. I expected some big reports by now but it is almost another week passed without a single sale or buy... Maldini already checking in for his Ibiza flight tomorrow...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote