Pablo Estifer Armero Thread

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE MN - Vagheggi: "Armero? Likes big teams"
29/02/2012

The winter market closed barely a month but in truth never ends.
The company in fact is already projected to the new season, preparandone the ground.
AC Milan is no exception, though still working in the field on three fronts.
The objective is to strengthen the side lanes, where the graft Taye Taiwo has not brought desired results (not surprisingly, the Nigerian was loaned to QPR) and seeking, therefore, the big name, identified in Pablo Armero.
The Colombian, voted the best left-back to the Gala Football is the identikit of the ideal for the Rossoneri.
To learn more about the player's position, we contacted the agent for Italy of the Colombian, Claudio Vagheggi. Exclusive to MilanNews.

Claudio Vagheggi, what future for Pablo Armero, one of the best outside of Serie A?

"We're only in February, so these rumors are premature. Certainly there is Pablo's interest in many teams, but it is normal for what he is doing since he arrived in Italy.
The only thing to do now is continue to work quietly and work with the company, then if you will.
"

Confirms the interest of AC Milan against him

"I do not confirm anything, but I repeat that on him there are several teams interested, even a certain level."

He expected a similar escalation of this player, who arrived in Italy last season in silence?

"It was already national Colombian therefore meant that it was a valuable player. In the most Udinese took from Palmeiras, which is one of the great Brazilian and South American teams.
In short, the curriculum was already talking. The Friuli were convinced that the player had the means available and Pablo has proven to be able to adapt quickly to the Italian championship.
"

Among the players with whom we are also working Asamoah and Benatar, also with big appetites

"Even on them there is an interest of many teams, but now we talk about the market. Everything is postponed to the end of the championship. "

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buy him and solve problem at LB for years.

GtrFlo

Playmaker
Reaction score
Just read in the rumor commode that he is more of a wingback than a fullback. Would it be worth to gamble on this guy, hope that he can improve defensively and develop into a player that would solve our left wing problem in both defense and attack?

I imagine if a sum of around 10mil were to be spend on a new LB, people would expect him to start immediately. I reckon Armero being benched for half a season until the coaching staff has improved his defending would not be well perceived at all.

I haven't seen that many Udine games, so I really can't judge the guys abilities. But 10 assists in 21 games is sort of impressive!

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Get him and leave him alone with Tassoti.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
such a beast, would definitely like him as part of the team. Although the prices being suggested where around 15 million :0 So I dont know if his will materialise.
Although it would be nice :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
He is so fucking fast, it's always useful having players like this.

Seratore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
his passport doesn't matter, he is coming from a serie A team so this rule doesn't apply to him ...

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Other than speed Armero has no qualities. Vargas from Fiorentina is much better solution.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Other than speed Armero has no qualities. Vargas from Fiorentina is much better solution.

Nah, he' a very good crosser from outwide.

Armero- 35/115- 30.2%
Vargas- 27/108- 25%

And vargas tends to play closer to goal, thus easier to cross. Armero also has 8 assists, second most in serie A

My fear is he can't play LB cause of D... just like Vargas, and he possesses less trickery than vargas. He's suited for his current 3-5-2 WB role

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My fear is he can't play LB cause of D... just like Vargas, and he possesses less trickery than vargas. He's suited for his current 3-5-2 WB role

You'll have to admit that Vargas is better defensively. Yes, Armero is faster and maybe a better crosser, but we need an LB like Zambro from his Juve days and Vargas IMO is the closest player to fill that position in Serie A.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You'll have to admit that Vargas is better defensively. Yes, Armero is faster and maybe a better crosser, but we need an LB like Zambro from his Juve days and Vargas IMO is the closest player to fill that position in Serie A.

Nah... vargas failed at Fb... twice, iirc.

Fiorentina tried him multiple times and it was awful.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just wish Maggio is an LB... Him + Abate... Serginho + Cafu from the good ol' days!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I just wish Maggio is an LB... Him + Abate... Serginho + Cafu from the good ol' days!

That won't even come close to those good ol' days...

Abate comparing to Cafu, wow...

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That won't even come close to those good ol' days...

Abate comparing to Cafu, wow...

Why not? If Maggio was an LB he'd be much better on that position than Seginho cause he defends much better. Cafu was 33 when he joined us, and Abate is 25 and he keeps improving so in 2,3 years he can be par with Cafu. You need to see further than the end your nose.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Why not? If Maggio was an LB he'd be much better on that position than Seginho cause he defends much better. Cafu was 33 when he joined us, and Abate is 25 and he keeps improving so in 2,3 years he can be par with Cafu. You need to see further than the end your nose.

:lol::lol::lol:

On par with Cafu???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nice one :)

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Some people are just blind. Sometimes you should listen to the famous Masstermark and - get glasses or get brain. This is where I stop arguing.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Milan management actually buying a wide players really it has been a while probably jankulovski was the closest thing milan have had which resembled a winger for quite some time, as vargas he hasn't player left wingback position since is catania days although his bulk and work rate would make him a better defensive player.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Nedo, you're a good poster.

But you're pretty much comparing Abate with arguable-prime Cafu... one of the best, if not the best, rbs of all time.

Abate. Someone who struggles for national action... equal to Cafu at Milan?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abate has been terrible last couple of games.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nedo, you're a good poster.

But you're pretty much comparing Abate with arguable-prime Cafu... one of the best, if not the best, rbs of all time.

Abate. Someone who struggles for national action... equal to Cafu at Milan?

No. I am not comparing the two. I just said that in couple of years Abate could be on par with Cafu. Abate made hell of a progress in past few seasons, and if he keeps on improving sky is a limit for him. I know that Abate made few mistakes, but who doesn't? Ignazio has all the potential to become one of the best RB's in the world we just need to keep nurturing him.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
if the mister wants a all out attacking fullback, then yes. but if we're looking for a left sided midfielder then just get asamoah.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
No. I am not comparing the two. I just said that in couple of years Abate could be on par with Cafu. Abate made hell of a progress in past few seasons, and if he keeps on improving sky is a limit for him. I know that Abate made few mistakes, but who doesn't? Ignazio has all the potential to become one of the best RB's in the world we just need to keep nurturing him.

Couple of years?

I am a big fan of Abate but he is done fuck all to improve in his attacking. At this point no sane person would say he could reach Cafu's level, especially when he has shown zit improvement this year

Schedule