The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
According to today’s La Gazzetta dello Sport Rangnick will become Milan’s technical director and will bring a foreign coach. The idea is current RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann

according to wikipedia this guys is 32 years old?? :lol:

32 year old coaching a squad with average age of 22..

200.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like Nagelsmann had a 2 year bench career.

32years :eek:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
If only Maldini worked with Rui Costa instead of Boban

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He has some time to show he can improve before next season. Rangnick will be able to evaluate over the next 2-3 months.

The option redemption fee is only around 3 million. So it's a good possibility that they loan him out and re-evaluate in summer 2021 rather than keep him for the upcoming season.

Then after a year of loan if he's much better than that's really good for Milan. If he is still the same level after a year, then even if Milan can sell him for 5-6 million it will have been worth it to pay the redemption fee which is just around 3 million.

The initial loan fee is a sunk cost. Milan pay that whether they keep him or not. Now the evaluation is whether he is worth the redemption fee or not. He seems worth more than 3 mil so redemption probably makes business sense.

Agreed...apparently we paid 5m for him in January including fees/commissions (great job Paolo :fp:) so management are trying to reduce the buyout fee so that we don't lose money.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Kouassi and Kalulu seem very highly rated but apparently the competition for both is fierce. Also, Kilian (German CB) grew up in the youth academy at Dortmund.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
kilian from almost relegated team paderborn... 20yo with low market value
free transfer from bvb academy

is he wanted by real, barca or any other top team??
;)

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
kilian from almost relegated team paderborn... 20yo with low market value
free transfer from bvb academy

is he wanted by real, barca or any other top team??
;)

So is Tonali ;)

For me a smart mercato would involve 4-5 20m Theo type signings with top player potential e.g. Szoboszlai, Ajer, Paulinho and grabbing the same number of highly rated youngsters like Kilian, Kalulu etc for chump change.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
So is Tonali ;)

For me a smart mercato would involve 4-5 20m Theo type signings with top player potential e.g. Szoboszlai, Ajer, Paulinho and grabbing the same number of highly rated youngsters like Kilian, Kalulu etc for chump change.
And how do you to come to know ajer?

FYI everyone is reporting tonali agreed terms with inter.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
So is Tonali ;)

so was benna :)
joking

probably true about transfers
for me its hard to see milan giving time youngsters to grow - its sounds like painful idea
but from other hand clubs like atalanta used youngsters often, even roma trust some (zanilo, under, kluivert)

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
so was benna :)
joking

probably true about transfers
for me its hard to see milan giving time youngsters to grow - its sounds like painful idea
but from other hand clubs like atalanta used youngsters often, even roma trust some (zanilo, under, kluivert)

As long as the youngsters are highly rated and able to hit the ground running like Donna, Roma & Theo then we should be competitive from day one.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
^ They’re about to lose up to 20 staff members in the process so they may wish to reconsider :lol:

Nostradamus

The Predictor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rummenigge, Maradona, Scholl, Lizarazu, Lahm
Nagelsmann to Milan is indeed a laughable BS rumour..zero chance.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Nagelsmann to Milan is indeed a laughable BS rumour..zero chance.

Regrettably I'm inclined to believe so too. Sure, there are always shocking moves that no one expected happening but I won't get my hopes up.

Nagelsmann to Milan would be potentially incredible.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Zero chance a 32 year old is hired as the coach of milan...agreed

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Let's say we get Rangnick and we get the paulinhos ect. I mean young talents with potential.

Who would you chose from out of camavinga or toneli if Elliot go chose one.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Nagelsman is the most exciting coach today so yeah, no chance for it.

So far he's in RB but he'll end in top club very soon.

But whatever, I'm already more than happy with Ralf, I'm not asking for more. :o

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lol Nagelsmann is Ralf’s student and hasn’t achieved anything that the professor hasn’t already either. In fact, they have almost identical win % at Leipzig whereas Rangnick’s is much higher at Hoffenheim. Why get Villas-Boas when we can get Mourinho?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Let's say we get Rangnick and we get the paulinhos ect. I mean young talents with potential.

Who would you chose from out of camavinga or toneli if Elliot go chose one.

none, their prices simply not justified

let Rangnick find the next one before they get hyped and price get inflated

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I think Elliott will hold Milan for much much longer due to the current economic situation

Sorry guys. Americans will call the shots for a bit longer

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
none, their prices simply not justified

let Rangnick find the next one before they get hyped and price get inflated

I would normally agree but Camavinga reminds me of the mbappe situation. You could see that kid turning into a monster in slow mo tbh.

I think Camavinga could be worth 200 mill once the economy returns and if he continued to develop. Plus Ralf would give him every opportunity to develop.

Which brings me to another point. I belive if we go with Ralf being the support staff is a must. They will be the key to player development.

Support staff including physc might help us develop talent with the right mindset. I am a huge ibra fan but not even his mentality could make up for a world class physc who can develop players mentality. Some of these physcs can really wire a brain in the most interesting ways.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CVC and Italy’s Serie A in exclusive talks over €2.2bn deal. Financial Times

Good news.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
can't wait to have a milan starting 11 with 2 italian players on it... sounds more like Inter than Milan to me... strange how we are becoming more like the inter of old than milan of old yet ppl are excited about this

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
can't wait to have a milan starting 11 with 2 italian players on it... sounds more like Inter than Milan to me... not sure why ppl support this unless they just think red and black jerseys are hot

Why would we even care.
The azzuri is right there if yall want to support italians.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
can't wait to have a milan starting 11 with 2 italian players on it... sounds more like Inter than Milan to me... strange how we are becoming more like the inter of old than milan of old yet ppl are excited about this

I don't care about it. It's your problem, the world has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule