Round of 16: France 2-0 Nigeria - Monday 30/06/2014 18:00 CEST

Team to qualify for the quarter-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Giroud clowning, Benzema having one of his anonymous days, ugh. Pogba and Matuidi will have to bail them out.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Go Nigeria, fulfil your destiny and beat the French.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- How I wish we could have Matuidi, the dud is an octopus. The Kraken.

- Pogba? He was pretty good but not like matuidi.

- Benzema? Besides Ibra, the rest of CF thinking they should be AM is :fp:

- Giroud? The worst player from France. He put passes where nobody from France is.

- The #8 from Nigeria is pretty good.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
lucky matuidi

could've been red too

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To Zeus and all the others protesting Marchisio's red

that's why these challenges are dangerous and COULD be red

Matuidi got away with that one there

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
that crowd

nigeria, nigeria, nigeria :o

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Hey football genius ash please explain to me why matuidi was not awarded red for committing a far worse studs up tackle than Marchisio? Fucking idiot

Common sense shows us Marchisio barely scratched the guys shin pad whereas matuidi murdered his guy. Please do not tell me about intent I've played the sport for well over 10 years

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
France has been EXTREMELY fortunate that this American ref sucks balls

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hey football genius ash please explain to me why matuidi was not awarded red for committing a far worse studs up tackle than Marchisio? Fucking idiot

Common sense shows us Marchisio barely scratched the guys shin pad whereas matuidi murdered his guy. Please do not tell me about intent I've played the sport for well over 10 years

That only prove that this ref sucks balls and nothing else.

You see how bad the Onazi was hurt? These challenges are dangerous and SHOULD be red. Stop embarrassing yourself.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
there goes the best goalie of the tournament trophy for enyama

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
That only prove that this ref sucks balls and nothing else.

You see how bad the Onazi was hurt? These challenges are dangerous and SHOULD be red. Stop embarrassing yourself.
I see 100s of stud up tackles never awarded red let alone Marchisios when he was going for the ball. I get this entire forum is anti Milan and anti Italia but please look at things subjectively. Why is it that Marchisio is rewarded red but Suarez isn't? That alone tells me that the referee was bought out let alone how Matuidi did not get red. You can come up with 100 different excuses but the facts remain. The referees have eyes they see things better than we see them. It's not a matter of them being bad its a matter that they're bought out. Refer to world cup 2002

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see 100s of stud up tackles never awarded red let alone Marchisios when he was going for the ball. I get this entire forum is anti Milan and anti Italia but please look at things subjectively. Why is it that Marchisio is rewarded red but Suarez isn't? That alone tells me that the referee was bought out let alone how Matuidi did not get red. You can come up with 100 different excuses but the facts remain. The referees have eyes they see things better than we see them. It's not a matter of them being bad its a matter that they're bought out. Refer to world cup 2002

It SHOULD be red, except refs miss them, or they suck like this American ref.

Ref missed Suarez bite, otherwise its a red.

Mistakes happen, but it doesn't justify or take away from the correct decision. I am not Anti-Milan or Anti-Italian, I just feel like always pointing to the ref is the mentality of small teams and small football nations like Mexico. Italy really has little to complain about with the way they were playing this WC.

Edit: 2002 there is cheating, I agree, but this was in no way even close to that.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
2-0. Game over.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It SHOULD be red, except refs miss them, or they suck like this American ref.

Ref missed Suarez bite, otherwise its a red.

Mistakes happen, but it doesn't justify or take away from the correct decision. I am not Anti-Milan or Anti-Italian, I just feel like always pointing to the ref is the mentality of small teams and small football nations like Mexico. Italy really has little to complain about with the way they were playing this WC.

Edit: 2002 there is cheating, I agree, but this was in no way even close to that.
You tell me this though, the referee has eyes and saw the bite marks and knows suarezes past. You cannot tell me he didn't see anything. Matter of the fact bro is that since Croatia - Brazil this world cup has been fixed just like how it was fixed for France today. I don't buy into referee errors when people from the bench are able to see incidents but the referee magically can't

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Hehhehehehehehehehehehehee yesss

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You tell me this though, the referee has eyes and saw the bite marks and knows suarezes past. You cannot tell me he didn't see anything. Matter of the fact bro is that since Croatia - Brazil this world cup has been fixed just like how it was fixed for France today. I don't buy into referee errors when people from the bench are able to see incidents but the referee magically can't

Others have already mentioned, refs can't just take Chiellini's word for it if he missed it himself.

If you are going to buy into conspiracy theories, might as well stop watching the sport now, bc every single game could be fixed.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Why is it that Marchisio is rewarded red but Suarez isn't?

This is pretty easy - Marchisio was in the zone where referees overplay the action, Suarez was too far and went unnoticed.

But yeah, Matuidi foul was worse and Griezman had somewhat of a similar foul to Marchisio.

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score

People on the bench appeal for everything, and very often get things wrong, there have been poor refereeing performances in this world cup but every league has poor referees. The referee didn't see the bite, he can't go off marks on Chiellini's shoulder, they could have already been there.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

It's easy to miss the bite. As a ref you can't make a call because of the bitemarks.