***CL CAMPAIGN OPENER*** Play-off leg 1:PSV Eindhoven (1) v AC Milan (1) 20/08/2013

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I think he meant his dribbling, ses's ball control is world class but his close control to be precise needs tol improve, for example lamela's close control is better than ses, since the ball is literally glued to his foot when he dribbles, which makes it hard for his opponents to steal the ball via a tackle etc from him. if you notice ses's dribbling close control technique, he tends to take less touches on the ball compared to lamela, which means he would have to accelerate much quicker to get that extra touch on the ball which will make him unpredictable and difficult to dispossess. I stil love this kid though, such an amazingly talented kid who is barely 20 and has loads of potential. dribbling close control technique and a bit of passing within short distances or playmaking in general, if he improves on one of these attributes, we have a new ballondor winner right here. for me he has just as much potential as balo to be a world class player. I dont care what others think, I know some will say balo has a higher ceiling but I believe both are equally good.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
btw dutch milan fans, what do u guys think of depay? thought he was quite impressive barring that mishap where he accidently slipped and allowed abate to take advantage and cross for the goal scored by ses.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yes his fiirst touch is really good, I am talking about his ball control when dribbling. You remember when we were countering and SES was on the ball. His touch was way too heavy and the ball went out of bounds.

This happens just a bit too much for my liking.
As a winger you need the ability to control the ball when going forward.

yah its somewhat hit or miss but lets not act like this is abnormal for a young player. Saw same from literally every young attack except MEssi....

Tries to go to fast etc. etc.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
yah its somewhat hit or miss but lets not act like this is abnormal for a young player. Saw same from literally every young attack except MEssi....

Tries to go to fast etc. etc.

No it isn´t abnormal.
I know El Shaarawy is only 20 yo, so he has lots of time to improve his game.
I was just summing up some of the things he needs to work on.

I´m expecting big things from El Shaarawy in his career so yes I´m a bit harsh on judging his performances.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Yes his fiirst touch is really good, I am talking about his ball control when dribbling. You remember when we were countering and SES was on the ball. His touch was way too heavy and the ball went out of bounds.

Exactly. He loses control of the ball way too often when put under pressure. Certainly needs to work on this aspect of his game.

I would really love to see him play closer to goal this season, his off the ball movement is excellent, should score plenty of goals.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
off the ball movement is scary good for ses. I am worried because higuain plays the same way as well albeit for napoli and I predicted that he will be a flop this season. good thing higuain is slow though which will allow defenders the time to catch up and nullify his movement upfront. ses to outscore him next season by 10 goals.

Reaction score
btw dutch milan fans, what do u guys think of depay? thought he was quite impressive barring that mishap where he accidently slipped and allowed abate to take advantage and cross for the goal scored by ses.
He was bad, some expect him to be benched if both Bakkali and Park are fit.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Got it. And it is a fair criticism. Although I think it's more a case of mind being faster than legs than an actual lack of ability. His ball control is excellent, he just needs to calm down a little while moving with the ball.

Schedule