French Ligue 1 Thread

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Howler from Nice golie gifts Andre Ayew to give Marseille the lead.

Edit: Legitimate claim for penalty denied for Nice.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Howler from Nice golie gifts Andre Ayew to give Marseille the lead.

Edit: Legitimate claim for penalty denied for Nice.

Its 1:1 on the missed penalty claims :tongue:

Btw, the game is pretty boring today, dunno why...

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its 1:1 on the missed penalty claims :tongue:

Btw, the game is pretty boring today, dunno why...

Is it? This is my first Ligue 1 match :tongue: and am watching it simply coz of Taiwo rumors which now seems credible. ;)

Edit: Nice equalizes through Traore with Marseille defense just falling down :lol:

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is it? This is my first Ligue 1 match :tongue: and am watching it simply coz of Taiwo rumors which now seems credible. ;)

1:1 Game on now haha, Taiwo got bundled over by his own teammate. Both teams with some silly defending from corners.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1:1 Game on now haha, Taiwo got bundled over by his own teammate. Both teams with some silly defending from corners.

Yes! :lol::fp: Lyon drawing as well.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes! :lol::fp: Lyon drawing as well.

Marseille need to win at all costs if they want the title this season coxz after this they have got a few tough games coming up.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ayew scores again to give Marseille lead.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ayew scores again to give Marseille lead.

Fuckkk i just stopped watching few mins ago, anyways ill catch the highlights. Now preparing myself for El Classico III: Return of the Messiah :lol:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
One more for Ayew, this time its the younger sibling.

Edit: Jordan scored the 2nd as well I guess.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i was wondering, did Mickel Bastos pretty much commit himself to Juve next season?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i was wondering, did Mickel Bastos pretty much commit himself to Juve next season?

Semi committed himself, i think this transfer should go through despite any other factors/distractions...

FaRa13

Kuq e Zi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Ballack, Pirlo, Gerrard, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi
The French Football Federation (FFF) has opened its inquiry into claims that senior members of the French staff were seeking to introduce quotas limiting the presence of ethnic minority players in the national set-up.

French website Mediapart alleged last week that plans were made at a meeting last November - with boss Laurent Blanc present along with FFF technical director Francois Blaquart, Under-21 coach Erick Mombaerts and Under-20 coach Francis Smerecki - to restrict the numbers of black players and those of north African origin entering national training centres and academies at the age of 12.

Blaquart was suspended from his post on Saturday, pending the outcome of investigations by the FFF.

An FFF statement on Tuesday read: ''The French Football Federation, in accordance with the commitment they made in response to disclosures by a website, have today set up a Commission of Inquiry to hear charged mainly with the task of hearing those who have been named in order to determine whether the elements revealed last Saturday are true.

''This commission will be composed of Patrick Braouezec, director of the Football Foundation, and Laurent Davenas, president of the National Council of Ethics.

''Alain Resplandy-Bernard, managing director of the FFF, will be responsible for ensuring correct conditions for the setting up of this commission which will work in co-ordination with the mission of general inspection of the Ministry of Youth and Sports.

''They will hear in turn, those involved in the DTN [Direction Technique Nationale] meeting which was held at the FFF, on November 8, 2010. It will issue its findings within one week, at the latest.

''These will be developed and studied by a extraordinary Federal Council [meeting] which will be held next week. So that this investigation takes place under optimum conditions of calm, the FFF will not express anything more about this matter until the findings of the commission are made public.''

Blanc strongly denied the allegation on Friday, telling L'Equipe: ''This project does not exist. All that, for me, is false.

''It is impossible to put quotas in place in football. If that was put in place, advocating one race above another, I would fall off my chair.
-soccernet.com

Very sad to hear that this meeting was held(and that blanc attended). If they meet eligibility rules then these guys should have no say regarding who can play or not..Black,white,muslim,french doesnt matter on the pitch. The best player should represent his country.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The French Football Federation (FFF) has opened its inquiry into claims that senior members of the French staff were seeking to introduce quotas limiting the presence of ethnic minority players in the national set-up.

French website Mediapart alleged last week that plans were made at a meeting last November - with boss Laurent Blanc present along with FFF technical director Francois Blaquart, Under-21 coach Erick Mombaerts and Under-20 coach Francis Smerecki - to restrict the numbers of black players and those of north African origin entering national training centres and academies at the age of 12.

Blaquart was suspended from his post on Saturday, pending the outcome of investigations by the FFF.

An FFF statement on Tuesday read: ''The French Football Federation, in accordance with the commitment they made in response to disclosures by a website, have today set up a Commission of Inquiry to hear charged mainly with the task of hearing those who have been named in order to determine whether the elements revealed last Saturday are true.

''This commission will be composed of Patrick Braouezec, director of the Football Foundation, and Laurent Davenas, president of the National Council of Ethics.

''Alain Resplandy-Bernard, managing director of the FFF, will be responsible for ensuring correct conditions for the setting up of this commission which will work in co-ordination with the mission of general inspection of the Ministry of Youth and Sports.

''They will hear in turn, those involved in the DTN [Direction Technique Nationale] meeting which was held at the FFF, on November 8, 2010. It will issue its findings within one week, at the latest.

''These will be developed and studied by a extraordinary Federal Council [meeting] which will be held next week. So that this investigation takes place under optimum conditions of calm, the FFF will not express anything more about this matter until the findings of the commission are made public.''

Blanc strongly denied the allegation on Friday, telling L'Equipe: ''This project does not exist. All that, for me, is false.

''It is impossible to put quotas in place in football. If that was put in place, advocating one race above another, I would fall off my chair.
-soccernet.com

Very sad to hear that this meeting was held(and that blanc attended). If they meet eligibility rules then these guys should have no say regarding who can play or not..Black,white,muslim,french doesnt matter on the pitch. The best player should represent his country.

Miss guided idiots.If they and maybe Uefa/Fifa want to really do some good,they should not allow players like Amauri to even have a chance to play for Italy.

Any player weather is white,black, asian or insert what ever religion should be allowed to play for his country as long as his born in that country or raised/stayed there for at least 10 years.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I read an article on Soccernet that gives a different, more agreeable spin on the issue.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/915922?cc=4716

The writer says Blanc was more concerned about the type of players the present system produces than the race of the players themselves. He could have a point and I hope the politicians allow himself to explain and don't serve his head on a platter to the mob.

Let's make no mistake, there's an undercurrent of racism here. His higher ups seem too eager about the proposals and a sense of gleeful indignation is apparent. Blanc is trying to change his country's present football culture here.

But I don't know if quotas are the right way to go about it. Maybe black 12-13 year olds can be schooled that athleticism, though their natural strength, isn't all and they must be taught the passing game too. It seems rather unfair to not allow them the chance to give it a try.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Very important weekend for the top 4, a lot can change...

http://www.soccerway.com/national/france/ligue-1/2010-2011/regular-season/

1dacdbeea14b9369af919083bde8fac8.png

FaRa13

Kuq e Zi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read an article on Soccernet that gives a different, more agreeable spin on the issue.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/915922?cc=4716

The writer says Blanc was more concerned about the type of players the present system produces than the race of the players themselves. He could have a point and I hope the politicians allow himself to explain and don't serve his head on a platter to the mob.

Let's make no mistake, there's an undercurrent of racism here. His higher ups seem too eager about the proposals and a sense of gleeful indignation is apparent. Blanc is trying to change his country's present football culture here.

But I don't know if quotas are the right way to go about it. Maybe black 12-13 year olds can be schooled that athleticism, though their natural strength, isn't all and they must be taught the passing game too. It seems rather unfair to not allow them the chance to give it a try.

Im sure that they will try to manipulate the actual meaning of the meeting just because of the backlash that could occur from this. The best player should ultimately play and if France has a problem regarding eligibilaty then they should take it up with fifa, not implement quotas. Its a little hard to imagine how they mentioned quotas on blacks and north africans, considering all the success theyve had was propelled by players of these descents. This wasnt the best time for the meeting, considering the country has been in the media regarding their ban of some religious attire.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Laurent Blanc resigns as France coach - report
Laurent Blanc has resigned as France coach according to French media sources in light of the recent quotas scandal

More to follow...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If this is true then its very bad news for the French NT.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
France coach Laurent Blanc tenders his resignation - report

Laurent Blanc has tendered his resignation as coach of France, according to Ouest France.

Blanc and the French Football Federation have come under heavy fire in the past week for plans designed to limit the amount of dual nationality players coming through the youth ranks of French football to 30 per cent or less as reported by Mediapart.

He is due to meet officials from the FFF on Monday as part of the quota system investigation. Fernand Duchaussoy, president of the Federation, could not confirm the intentions of the coach when questioned this morning.

The Ouest France report also stated that Nicolas Sarkozy is set to call the 45-year-old in a bid to have him reconsider and remain in the international hotseat, quoting a anonymous Government source.

The ex-Bordeaux coach has done much to try and rebuild the national team after a poor performance in the 2010 World Cup, and was a fans favourite as he won the World Cup with the side in 1998.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bring back Domenech! :D

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bring back Domenech! :D

I reckon Deschamps and Rudy Garcia will be front-runners and Paul Le Guen the dark horse. I hope Deschamps gets it :)

The french NT just started looking like a proper team again and then this happens :fp:

For Blanc, i can only see 2 jobs, Lyon with Gourcuff again or Inter/Juve...

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, this will trigger merry go round of French managers. :eek:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Im sure that they will try to manipulate the actual meaning of the meeting just because of the backlash that could occur from this. The best player should ultimately play and if France has a problem regarding eligibilaty then they should take it up with fifa, not implement quotas. Its a little hard to imagine how they mentioned quotas on blacks and north africans, considering all the success theyve had was propelled by players of these descents. This wasnt the best time for the meeting, considering the country has been in the media regarding their ban of some religious attire.
We'r already seeing efforts to crucify all the officials present at the meeeting, including Blanc. I think reading the reports, there seems to be undisguised glee in some quarters at the prospect of introducing quotas, which points to racist views. It really is a shame. Can FIFA do anything about it? They are, after all, French and it may escalate into a legislative issue with courts and all manners of state machinery coming into play don't you think?
France coach Laurent Blanc tenders his resignation - report

I reckon Deschamps and Rudy Garcia will be front-runners and Paul Le Guen the dark horse. I hope Deschamps gets it :)

The french NT just started looking like a proper team again and then this happens :fp:

For Blanc, i can only see 2 jobs, Lyon with Gourcuff again or Inter/Juve...
I read that Sarkozy is pursuading Blanc against his decision, too. I hope he takes it back. If they let this go through, the whole country's gonna look like pillowbiters. And I sure hope he doesn't land up at Inter! :lol:

FaRa13

Kuq e Zi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sarkozy wants blanc to stay ? What a suprise, sarkozy probably loves the idea of this quota system. Blanc handing in his resignation request shows that he had a large part in this whole idea. I personaly liked the way they were playing under him but it seems like this national team of france is always too wrapped in controversy to be able to focus on only playing football.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Burden Of Race Quota On French Football
by Joseph Walsh - Wednesday, May 11th, 2011

Institutional racism and race quota are joining hands to tear apart the very fabric of French national team. Join TheHardTackle's Guest Author, Joseph Walsh, as he analyzes the scenario.

The French Football Federation is to launch an investigation into claims of institutional racism at the highest national level. Senior coaches including national coach Laurent Blanc, stand accused of wanting to secretly limit the proportion of black and North African players at regional youth training systems, including the prestigious Clairefontaine facility, to 30%. Not only is the move, if found to be true, inherently racist but it also attacks the French football system which has garnered them such success on the pitch in recent years. On top of this, and where this policy was truly aimed, it would limit the number of African players who go through the French national youth system only to represent their country of birth, or their parents’ country of birth at senior level.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/index.php/the-burden-of-race-quota-on-french-football/

Insight as to the reason which could have led them to try & introduce quota system at academy.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I just read the swiss ramble article, lille are going to start building a sweet new stadium

12%2BNew%2BStadium%2B2.jpg

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
France Euro 2016 host cities announced

Paris, Lyon and Marseille are among the cities which will host matches at Euro 2016, the Federation de Football Francaise (FFF) confirmed today.

France was last year awarded the rights by Uefa to host the tournament ahead of Italy and Turkey.

And the French FA has now confirmed the nine cities and towns that will between them host the 51 matches in the finals.

Bordeaux, Lens, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nancy, Nice, Paris and Saint-Denis have been chosen, while Saint-Etienne and Toulouse have been placed on the list of reserves by the federal council of the FFF.

Les Bleus were victorious on home soil in 1998 when they hosted the World Cup, beating reigning champions Brazil 3-0 in the final.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lille win 2010-11 Ligue 1 title

Lille are champions of France, having drawn 2-2 with a Paris Saint-Germain, who were reduced to ten men, to earn the Ligue 1 title and complete an historic double. Second-placed Marseille surrendered their crown as they could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to Valenciennes.

The Coupe de France winners were involved in an enthralling game in the Parc des Princes. Ludovic Obraniak, whose goal clinched the cup, gave Lille the lead. Guillaume Hoarau equalised for PSG before being sent off after receiving a second yellow. Ligue 1's leading scorer Moussa Sow restored Lille's advantage and though Mathieu Bodmer equalised against his former side, a point proved enough to clinch the championship.

A 1-0 victory over Sochaux on Wednesday night was essentially the moment that les Dogues knew they would be crowned winners, as that pulled them six points clear of second placed Marseille with only two games remaining. Even if they had failed to pick up a point at the Parc des Princes, OM would have been required to win both of their remaining matches to have any hope of overturning the deficit.

Since taking charge of the league in November, Rudi Garcia’s side have only very briefly been deposed of the leading spot, with their ability to string together consistent runs of victories carrying them to a level above their competitors, who would frequently stumble.

It’s been the offensive players of Lille who have caught most of the headlines, with the front three of Eden Hazard, Gervinho and Moussa Sow outstanding over the course of the campaign, but LOSC also have one of the best defensive records in France, testament to their all-round strength.

This is just their third title, with their previous championship coming in 1953-54, during what was previously considered to be the club’s Golden Age.

6731f21fae633f221d2c4e39bb176efc.png

Schedule