International Friendlies

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
^ Challenge on Alves.

I love that the boards are flashing the Brasil 2014 logo. :D

Edit: Norway U-21 is one up on les Espoirs; there's less than 15 minutes left. Really want to see Yoann play, but can't find a single stream, dammit.

Last edited:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
KAKA' 22 said:
Dunga is seriously still a beginner, he has a lot to learn. He can't field all his *stars* together in any position. He is playing Ronaldinho as a CM and his role is rather defensive than offensive, good thing is he favors Kaka over Ronnie; Kaka is the playmaker, Ronnie is a link between defence and attack and I can tell you he is crap.

YEa but Kaka and Dinho played great against Chile

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow, Brazil still suffering from Ghanaitis, I think...a meager 1-0 win. They're fortunate the Africans can't score to save their lives.

Last edited:

Rex

Reaction score
I love seeing Ghana's footballing on first how their game-plan set up to match Brasil's. Second half was way much better look but uncomposedly finishing touch of chances went begging should've been late equaliser though. They may lost, but overall performance wasn't disappointing anyway.

Really a hard-fought game for Brazillians. :)

-----------------------

P.S. Kaka looked 'frustrated' a bit facing Ghanaians' pressure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
USA 0 - 0 Guatemala

Mexico 3 - 2 Ecuador currently; there's about five minutes left.

Mexican fans here seem to be going crazy! Man, I can't wait until school tomorrow. :D

Edit: 4 - 2! I feel so bad for the Ecuadorian keeper; he's been looking absolutely miserable.

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
censorthiis said:
USA 0 - 0 Guatemala

Mexico 3 - 2 Ecuador currently; there's about five minutes left.

Mexican fans here seem to be going crazy! Man, I can't wait until school tomorrow. :D

Edit: 4 - 2! I feel so bad for the Ecuadorian keeper; he's been looking absolutely miserable.

:D!!! :star:
I dislike Hugol, but he did great subs, at least Bautista, Bravo, Medina and Pineda worked great... there was doubt on who would be the attacking players, but I don't think there's a doubt now, a Chivas attack ;)
Great goals :) Palencia (great return goal, then did nothing), Marquez, Bravo and Bautista (my choice over Blanco)
Our midfield... Guardado and Arce should have gone more to the sides, and the double 5's (holding mids) should have alternated going up and down, there was no playmaker... with the changes Hugol did it got better, specially when Pineda arrived, gave Bautista a push up front...
Our defense... Marquez was not good, Johnny Magallón (who I met :cool: ) is showing he's got class to be part of our defense, Osorio is showing he's getting better because of his German experience (great) and we're waiting for Salcido...
our gk... Paco Memo, (Guillermo Ochoa :tongue: ) he has been consistent, he's got talent, but he needs to keep it and also keep himself humble... let's see what he becomes later...
I don't think Ecuador deserved a score like this, they dominated some parts of the game, they're quick and tough! the gk :head:

My team so far:
--------------Ochoa (maybe Corona)
----Osorio -- Magallón -- Salcido
Castro---Marquez---Pineda---Guardado
--------------Bautista
------Medina
---------------------Bravo
something like that

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Interesting thing about friendlies yesterday was that with all the debuts Germany lost to Denmark. The other so-called best team in the world - Portugal - wasn't that good in their qualifier either. Which reminds me - they have a really open group after that and Finlands loss to Aserbaidzan.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jasper said:
Interesting thing about friendlies yesterday was that with all the debuts Germany lost to Denmark. The other so-called best team in the world - Portugal - wasn't that good in their qualifier either. Which reminds me - they have a really open group after that and Finlands loss to Aserbaidzan.
Nobody really wanted to play that match + thus is was used to *experiment*. I sure can live with that defeat.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
^ Helps that the one who scored against Germany was a Gunner too. Albeit out on loan, but still...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Costa Rica tied against Chile 1-1 in Chile.
We played a horrible first half...and Chile scored a wonderful goal, but then we woke up, and started playing, and tied the game with a beautiful goal (the whole play was beautiful), which was our 1000 NT goal. The guy that score the goal took revenge of the chileans that bother him, cause he plays for my team that was hamered 7-2 by Colo Colo back in October in La Suramericana, and it was a "chilena" against Chile which makes everything much better.

Worth watching for the goals:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XylH8T0KaIA

anitafranc

bigger stronger
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Sandro, Pirlo, Pippo, Rino, Pato, TS, Janku, Kaka, Gourcuff
vani_pirlo_21 said:
goal from the match Mexico 4 vs Ecuador 2

Palencia (M), Tenorio (E), Espinoza (E), Márquez (M), Bravo (M), Bautista (M)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKmvfMsMtI
I just knew we were gonna lose this one.. when Mexico equalized I knew the game would end 4-2
My God that GK I could have done a better job! :head:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Norway leadin' 2-0 against Argentina with a Carew brace... Brazil beat Algeria 2-0 in an earlier game...

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
As a Scot i'm totally at odds with who I should support in England vs Ze Germans. Do I go for the people who are technically from my country - yet are our greatest enemies... or Germany who apart from the obvious also gave us Berti Vogts. I guess I'll hope for the stadium to fall down around them all.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Hopefully with Grosso and Toni back Italy won't have any problems with Hungary... Too bad we're missing De Rossi though...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Romania beat turkey 2-0 ..good results to go to europe 2008:D

And at HT England 1 - 2 Germany ..hope england wins:D

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Az. said:

LOL, FORZA ENGLAND (Only for today) :D

Italia 1-0
Di Natale
FORZA ITALIA :)

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Italia - Hungary 1-1
Damn it :head:

Edit:
Italia - Hungary 1-2 :mad:

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Italy losin' 3-1 to Hungary... our Milan players were pathetic... namely Inzaghi & Pirlo...

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Live Score says Hungary 3-1 Italy now.

Just finished watching Sweden 1-0 USA, looking forward to the England v. Germany replay now. Good for Spain, 3-2 against Greece.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Italy losin' 3-1 to Hungary... our Milan players were pathetic... namely Inzaghi & Pirlo...

Well pippo is old..and has so so games.About Pirlo,the guy seriously needs a rest he is over used by both Milan & the NT.

INsider

Banned
Reaction score
england minus gerrard 1-2 germany 3rd string

n i c e :D
hope it helps to get that ginger ousted asap

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
a) Gattuso is very important for Italy
b) I don't like Ambro for Italy
c) Cannavaro's age + playing in a crappy defenders league is not helping at all
d) When there's no Materazzi or Cannavaro, Italy is screwed.
e) Italy's hopes offensive wise rely on Cassano.
f) Too many old players, too many.

INsider

Banned
Reaction score
^

cannavaro should consider retiring

i'm more concerned about the very obvious parallels with milan regarding age
and lack of attacking options

CB1100_lover

Primavera
Reaction score
^^

I just had this guts, that Cannavaro is going to explode. The guy is in a bad mood....

the pressure just keep piling up for Donadoni ( does he have the ability ? )

Last edited:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
David Silva class tonight. Modicum of revenge for Euro 04 I suppose
rolleyes.gif

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Az. said:

If I'd put players in a team because of their work rate, Marica would be up there with high octane midfielders like Gattuso ... he simply doesn't know the word quit. He was like an unstoppable locomotive yesterday ... Bravo!

And what a strike by Germany's new LB Pander :eek: If he keeps up this rate, they should move Lahm to RB and get rid of Friedrich once and for all.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
And what a strike by Germany's new LB Pander :eek: If he keeps up this rate, they should move Lahm to RB and get rid of Friedrich once and for all.
lahm was playing in a very weird holding-midfield posn yesterday....he didnt have much effect ont he game, as england were running away with midfield posession till shneider found his feet.
I love the way germans always start off tournaments and games with a relatively unknown bunch of players, and end up becoming stars by the end of it all.

mertesacker, metzeldar, frings and pander come to mind. i doubt many people outside of germany knew too much about them before the world cup or this game.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Pfft Pirlo was the only decent player along side Buffon and Aquilani on the field. Inzaghi had absolutely no service whatsoever. It was a pathetic performance. Italy had no idea.

All three goals came from some uncharacteristic defending from our skipper Cannavaro. Italy had nothing in attack. Buffon hit the nail on the head. They are not 100% fit but at the same time there was no determination and they paid for it. Hungary on the other hand played really well and dominated the game. Deserved the victory nonetheless. However, they made some rash challenges and there definately should've been more cards handed out.

Oddo, Zambrotta and Grosso we causing havoc though we continued to go straight through the middle and wasted possession.

Barzagli played well once he came on. Good signs considering Materazzi might not be fit to play against France.

IMO Italy were unbalanced in the midfield. Donadoni got the tactics wrong by playing far too many creative/attacking players. We missed De Rossi and Gattuso IMMENSELY.