Auxerre and Monaco in Ligue 2.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner

Marvin #Martin is set to be named #Hazard's replacement at #Lille. #France & #Sochaux man set to make a move for around €10m. #LOSC

Opta ‏@OptaJean

36 - Marvin Martin has delivered 36 assists in L1 since 2008/09, one more than Eden Hazard. Generous.

--

Apparently he rejected the Gunners, anyways, its a coup for Lille, couldn't have hoped for better imo.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
why cant we buy/sell more like Lille?

2nd question

PSG want Ibra, Higuain, Lavezzi...etc
but what will happen to the stars they signed last year?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
why cant we buy/sell more like Lille?

2nd question

PSG want Ibra, Higuain, Lavezzi...etc
but what will happen to the stars they signed last year?

Well, Lille just sold their golden goose, so they have the money to re-invest. Milan dont have the money plus only one true golden goose (TS) who is not an option for sale.

---

PSG actually dont want Ibra, they want younger stars.

Winter:

Paris SG. - 20m.

Italian midfielder Thiago Motta from Inter Milan for a fee of 11.5m; Brazilian defender Alex from Chelsea for a fee of 5m; Goalkeeper Ronan Le Crom on a free transfer; Brazilian defender Maxwell from Barcelona for a fee of 3.5m.

I couldnt get the summer transfers but I know Pastore, Menez and Gameiro are part of it along with Matuidi and Sissoko and Lugano.

Gameiro was good in the start but hasnt impressed after that and Menez has been quality. Pastore was inconsistent but obviously he wont be replaced. Gameiro will probably take to the bench or leave.

Usually they have been playing the X mas formation, the 3 in mid have been Matuidi - Motta - Sissoko. This is likely to be retained for next season but I still have my doubts about Momo Sissoko.

The attacking trio will feature lots of Pastore and Nene and probably Lavezzi but I think they will be opting for a new hitman, they need an out and out box CF because Nene and Menez provided quite a few assists last season and Pocho coming in only means more chances. Two players who really fit the bill are Olivier Giroud and Gonzalo Higuain. But lets see what happens.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Raiola: "Ibra will make Ligue 1 more interesting and his departure will make Serie A poorer."

Yann M’Vila made more passes than any other player in Ligue 1 last season (2732)

Javier Pastore has hailed the impact of Ezequiel Lavezzi at Paris Saint-Germain after his move from Napoli. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274...-lavezzi-impact-he-is-an-extraordinary-person

-----------

Note: According to Whoscored, M'Vila's pass success was at 83.2%

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Milan dont have the money plus only one true golden goose (TS) who is not an option for sale.

---

PSG actually dont want Ibra, they want younger stars.

psychic_fail.jpg

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Football is weird, if you cant have Higuain you must settle on Ibra ;)

Hes in it for the money, they are in it for the short term success, however TS is a real coup, i mean put him alongside Alex/Sakho and that is a good 3-4 years worth of defensive domination.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Ibra will be welcomed in most clubs but at this age he can't be part of a football project. maybe a short term project plus the publicilty, but PSG signs him for now, not future. For now he can increase the number of fans, otherwise he's as good as any other top striker.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
however TS is a real coup

for sure.

i still can't understand this happened. especially from his perspective.

was it because of the money? i think real/barca/man city would have paid the same wages.

was it because he wanted milan to get as much money as possible? again, i think bigger teams than PSG would have paid the price.

this is all so strange.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
for sure.

i still can't understand this happened. especially from his perspective.

was it because of the money? i think real/barca/man city would have paid the same wages.

was it because he wanted milan to get as much money as possible? again, i think bigger teams than PSG would have paid the price.

this is all so strange.

Madrid didn't show enough interest, Barca don't seem to have the money, City have Kompany and want Chiellini instead and yes its all very strange.

Maybe it was a deal by Galliani that if they both want toleave then it has to be together? I know it sounds silly but think about it, there seems no other reasonable explanation.

Another weird thing is that he had signed an extension, why would he if he were to be sold?

Anyways hats off to Leonardo, hes won PSG a title and possibly a quarterfinal finish in the CL.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Remember at the start of the transfer window when Barça and the Catalan press was all about him? Mancini had a meeting with Galliani at that point also.

I think they never make the offer higher than 40M.
PSG simply beat them for the transfer fee.

Both this deals makes sense for PSG. They need the opposite strategy of Milan for the FFP. They desperately need to improve their revenue to that of a big club as fast as possible while they can inject all that money on the club.
For that they need "stars" and a team capable of a good display in CL.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
PSG are a bigger club than man city.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Remember at the start of the transfer window when Barça and the Catalan press was all about him? Mancini had a meeting with Galliani at that point also.

I think they never make the offer higher than 40M.
PSG simply beat them for the transfer fee.

= TS wanted milan to make as much money as possible?

kaka went to real instead of city, even though the latter was offering much more. silva could have lowered his price by demanding a transfer to another club now that he was going to be sold.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
= TS wanted milan to make as much money as possible?

kaka went to real instead of city, even though the latter was offering much more. silva could have lowered his price by demanding a transfer to another club now that he was going to be sold.

I think he didn't have the the choice cause Milan never accepted Barça and City deals in first place.
Maybe at the best he could refuse to go to PSG to stay here.

The way I see it, the first offer was not a bluff, Milan really refused (and accepted to rise his wages after) - or maybe it took a time to convince Ibra to leave.

Galliani plan was either sell both and rebuild the team or keep both and maintain the basis.
Cause if only Thiago was sold, he would have the funds to rebuild, but not much space for wages, so it would simply be a matter of replacing Thiago.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
It looks like PSG is trying to get Ligue 1 on top by slowly destroying the other leagues. They started with Serie A: 1st They bought Pastore(one of the most promising footballers in the league) than they got 3 players from Serie A's TOP 5 (Lavezzi, Ibra and TS).
That's a nice conspiracy theory, isn't it ?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It looks like PSG is trying to get Ligue 1 on top by slowly destroying the other leagues. They started with Serie A: 1st They bought Pastore(one of the most promising footballers in the league) than they got 3 players from Serie A's TOP 5 (Lavezzi, Ibra and TS).
That's a nice conspiracy theory, isn't it ?

Nope, not at all. They just targeted Serie A because they got a DS in Leonardo who knew of the jewels playing in the Serie A + they got other players from the Serie A and some talents from other leagues.

Pastore, Motta, Ibra, TS, Sirigu, Maxwell, Lavezzi and Menez. Hopefully i didnt forget anyone but this list includes future prospects, WC players, experience and players in troubled situation.

Hats off to Leo, another reason why they have ripped off Serie A so much is because Ligue 1 is far less attractive for players from La Liga and EPL. Also dont think that it would be easy for players from Bundesliga to apart to Ligue 1 that quick.

When they win the league next season and get more recognition in the CL, more and more players will want to join regardless of playing in Ligue 1. Serie A is still stronger and will do better than the French clubs in Europe.

---

On another note, am looking forward to Marvin Martin running the show at Lille.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Is Martin a done deal for Lille? Was hoping we might try to sign him but if Lille got him I guess its too late

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Is Martin a done deal for Lille? Was hoping we might try to sign him but if Lille got him I guess its too late

Yep, a while back for 9m or sth. They also signed Saloman Kalou on a free and now want PSG's main player of last season: Nene. They have the required funds to build a nice squad.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
9m?... God damn it, that is a good price =/

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
But jose mourinho always have a huge squad. Poor carlo

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
nene should be a starter for PSG, really good player.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Well, that is what a good management team does, i like how only TS and Ibra are the two players on massive wages. The rest are nicely tucked in under the 5m per season mark.

Good project, win a few league titles with Ibra around and then probably give him the boot and cut down massively.

Eccolo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
But that got to be net wages. So probably around 160 before taxes. And around 100 milion spent on transfers...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
omg what a fodder midfield :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
PSG has won just 2 league titles? :eek: The last one in 94? :eek: And they bring Carlo of all people to win league titles? :D:

Schedule