The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 16-12-2011, 13:09   #61
Moggster
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
theres a lot of talk about walcot, but considering zambo did pretty well against <insert barca forward> I thing we will be fine.

I honestly think if we play well, we can get through this without to many worries. We finally have a good squad, so the time to change our luck against the english couldnt have happened at a better time.

It just amazing how much our team has changed in the past 2 years. Although there is still a little ways to go lol
No... just no. Dani Alves and Alexi Sanchez were both out the last time we met Barcelona. We are seriously screwed if we don't get a new LB or Taiwo suddently becomes great. Walcott is one of the fastest footballers in the world.

If only we could clone a left-footed Abate.
Moggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:16   #62
acm55
Rossonero

Allegri: English sides not in crisis

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri insists English football is still to be respected after they were drawn to play Arsenal in the Champions League.

The Premiership have only two teams in the last 16 after Manchester United and Manchester City failed to get out of the groups.

“I don’t think English football is in crisis,” the former Cagliari tactician told Sky Sport Italia on Friday afternoon.

“Manchester City, who don’t have European experience, were in a tough group along with Bayern Munich and Napoli. Manchester United’s exit was a surprise though.”

As well as the Rossoneri facing Arsenal, Napoli will take on Chelsea and Inter have been paired with France’s Marseille.

“Inter have got the easiest game out of the Italian sides, while it will be difficult for us and Napoli too,” he added. “Chelsea are very strong on the European stage.

“We know Arsenal, they are a team who play good football and who are doing well again. We need to get to February in the best physical shape and, hopefully, without any injuries.”

Asked whether winning the European Cup was a bigger target than retaining their Italian title, Allegri answered cautiously.

“Our objective right now is to collect as many points as possible in our next two League games. We had a slow start to the season, so we’ve had to catch up. Our next matches are very important.

“Only in February will we concentrate on the Champions League. If we repeat the same mistakes we made in Prague and Minsk during qualifying then it will be hard to get through.”

Milan, who went out of the competition to Tottenham last season, will host Arsenal on 15 February and the return will take place on March 6.
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:21   #63
nuttela
Super Bludfam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
....in FIFA 2012

as an owner of fifa 12. antonini scoring is IMPOSSIBLE

there is more chance of urby emanuelson coming off the bench and contributing massively than antonini scoring

lol, forget about abate. i always fear that when i miss the occasional game, that he scores. id be dead dissapointed.

Abate will assist antonini

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:23   #64
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Seeing as Arsenal struggled with Udinese, and Arsenal being worse then they were in 07/08 and that we are better, I feel good about this draw. However I might regret writing those words coming Mars...
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:31   #65
acm55
Rossonero

bwin odds:

AC Milan - Arsenal

AC Milan 1.90
Arsenal 1.85
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:38   #66
Jammin
Il Signore

seedorf will win this with a 40 yard screamer as a parting gift for us.
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:42   #67
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Arsenal sucks and even though Milan's attack lacks of balls, it has the obligation of go there and win it.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:44   #68
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccolo View Post
Seeing as Arsenal struggled with Udinese, and Arsenal being worse then they were in 07/08 and that we are better, I feel good about this draw. However I might regret writing those words coming Mars...
Arsenal struggled with Udinese, because that's exactly the type of team they are weak against - Pace and athleticism...

And we shouldn't talk considering we struggled against them too and have failed to even beat them in our last two games, while Arsenal have...
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:47   #69
Jammin
Il Signore

be back in 2012...
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:53   #70
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Arsenal struggled with Udinese, because that's exactly the type of team they are weak against - Pace and athleticism...

And we shouldn't talk considering we struggled against them too and have failed to even beat them in our last two games, while Arsenal have...
arsenal struggled against udinese when arsenal were at their worst moments of the season(and the past 10 years), and they beat udinese away 1-2 like 4 days before they got destroyed by united.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:53   #71
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Fav. Players: AC Milan

This English nightmare started with Arsenal, it'll end with them.

It's fate!
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:53   #72
Eccolo

Quote:

You do have a point, but I think it was down more to Udieneses inexperinece to got them KO rather then Aresnal being the better team. The chances they had, specially Armero, should have resulted in a better result. And I think we are better eqiupt in dealing with pace and athlectcism then the last we met Arsenal, although that maybe doesnt tell us much.

Their midfield and their defence isnt scary, what worries me is Gervinhio on the left as we will have Abate and Silva to contain Walcott, whos only strength is his pace.

Van Persie is probably one of the best strikers in the world right now, but given his injury record and other factors the chances of him keeping up this form are very slim.

Also Arsenals greatest strength is they are good at keeping ball but not as good at countering. Milans weekness has been in dealing with fast counter attacking teams: Udinese, Napoli this year, Tottenham and Real Madrid

Last edited by Eccolo; 16-12-2011 at 13:56.
Old 16-12-2011, 13:56   #73
JohnnyWunderboy
Hentai Lover

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini

I think one of Milan's biggest problems in Europe is complacency against "non-giants". It's partly the reason why we failed against Spurs last year.
I'm sure Allegri and co. know that Arsenal aren't going to be a walk in the park, so it's more than likely the motivation won't be lacking.

The biggest dilemma the team's faced with is the schedule during the period of the CL fixtures. Focusing less on the league could seriously hurt our chances for the Scudetto, considering ladri's only got one trophy to worry about.
IMO, our chances in winning the Scudetto is much much greater than the CL, so any great efforts put into the Arsenal legs are a huge gamble.

Signature
JohnnyWunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 13:56   #74
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Quote:
You do have a point, but I think it was down more to Udieneses inexperinece to got them KO rather then Aresnal being the better team. The chances they had, specially Armero, should have resulted in a better result. And I think we are better eqiupt in dealing with pace and athlectcism then the last we met Arsenal, although that maybe doesnt tell us much.

Their midfield and their defence isnt scary, what worries me is Gervinhio on the left as we will have Abate and Silva to contain Walcott, whos only strength is his pace.

Van Persie is probably one of the best strikers in the world right now, but given his injury record and other factors the chances of him keeping up this form are very slim
uh... Gervinho plays on their left which is our right...

I'm sure you can figure out the rest..
Old 16-12-2011, 13:58   #75
voom
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Gattuso, Ambrosini,Van Bommel,Ibra,Sheva,Kaka,Cutrone.

Very tough game.Arsenal despite losing 2 great players in Cesc and Nasri are more compact and plays better than previous years.They have Van Persie who at the moment is striker with best form in Europe.Their transformation from defence to attack is impressive.They plays a lot with through balls,where they find fast wingers in form of Walcott and Gervinho.Till the beginning of this duels they will have ready Wilshere and Sagna,Andre Santos will be out probably.Arsenal weak side is their defence,and there we should seek our chances,but in the meantime our other strikers Pato and Robinho must find their form.Currently they are in very good form,i have watched their last game vs Everton they had planty of chances but realisation were lacking,but cross from Song and volley hit from Persie and goal was pure beauty.Chances are 50/50,but we must beat them in San Siro,they cant go away with a win or a draw like last year Spurs,because we will limit our chances too much.

Signature
Open Sesame

Last edited by voom; 16-12-2011 at 14:06.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 14:01   #76
Eccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx7 View Post
uh... Gervinho plays on their left which is our right...

I'm sure you can figure out the rest..
You are totally right! My bad! Maybe an idea would be to switch Silva over to our left side of the defence to help Zambrotta against Gervinho? Anywho their main threats come from the flanks which was my main point
Old 16-12-2011, 14:04   #77
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Quote:
You are totally right! My bad! Maybe an idea would be to switch Silva over to our left side of the defence to help Zambrotta against Gervinho? Anywho their main threats come from the flanks which was my main point
Yeah,and since they threaten from the wings maybe we should play Silva as LB??
Old 16-12-2011, 14:04   #78
forzamilan107
Primavera Player

how the fuck r arsenal favorites? i dnt care if there fast, please there is no way we are losing this
forzamilan107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 14:05   #79
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

Quote:
Originally Posted by damn View Post
fear not, I have simulated this match on fifa 12 and we win.
Thank you so much, I was just about to do that, but I won't now because I like yours.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 14:06   #80
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Gonna lose again. Arrogance just like last year against Tottenham.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote