Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, so the question comes down to: Hakan or Borini/Castillejo as LW.

Thankfully, Rino's been making the right choice there IMO.

Again, Borini and Noodle are very limited, Hakan is a bit more advanced in passing and I think that's why Rino chooses him over the other two.

just sit down and think about it, is it a fucking coincidence that the game where hakan, zuzo and that ponytail parked lancia get benched, we play the best game of the season BY FAR against napoli in the cup?

after yesterday, there is no doubt I would rather give borini and samu more chances over this jaafar looking waste of space.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
it may very well be a coincidence, i need a bigger sample size.

all of them have showed glimpses before, just to be uber shit the next game.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
now imagine if Castillejo and Borini were starters due to "nepotism"...

ohh lord i don't even want to think about the hate towards Rino then.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I am so fed up with this Kebab guy, really think we should have sold him 20-24 M during winter mercato and bought a good Left winger. We have enough mid players to cover with biglia coming back. But that LW position is like a gaping hole with Kebab or Borini playing there

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
just sit down and think about it, is it a fucking coincidence that the game where hakan, zuzo and that ponytail parked lancia get benched, we play the best game of the season BY FAR against napoli in the cup?

Agree. I would have no issue with Hakan and Suso being benched in place of Samu and Borini + Laxalt at LB.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Hakan hasn't been good, this is not up for debate, but he is also playing a role his characteristics are bad for.... he is not fast and can't take on people 1v1 for pace... so why keep putting him at LW?

We need to start Samu or Laxalt in his place at LW or even Borini and make Hakan Paqueta's sub at AM in a 4-2-3-1.

Then in the summer we need to get a pacey LW and honestly consider selling Suso and upgrading at RW if that seems like a possibility

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am so fed up with this Kebab guy, really think we should have sold him 20-24 M during winter mercato and bought a good Left winger. We have enough mid players to cover with biglia coming back. But that LW position is like a gaping hole with Kebab or Borini playing there

logic of some people :fp:

if you think he sucks donkey balls, why would you think anyone would pay 20-24M for him?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

if you think he sucks donkey balls, why would you think anyone would pay 20-24M for him?

to be honest, weirder things have happened... like Kalinic going for 15-20m(?) to Atletico

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
to be honest, weirder things have happened... like Kalinic going for 15-20m(?) to Atletico

That's nothing compared to Morata which can go up to 50 Mil!! :lol:
Atletico has lost the plot.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Logic? 20-24M is not much in today's market and it's not like Kebab has been shit his whole career as a footballer (Borini), in fact he was pretty good last season playing for us. 20-24M should be a reasonable price for someone we bought for 25M

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It depends on the team I would build, in the current Milan, no, since we are not really in need of a CAM, but in dire need of a LW. Pay right away? Naah I would probably ask for a loan with option to buy if I was an owner of another club. Just because Hakan failed this season and failing in Milan, Doesn't mean he could not be a success in another team, like Bakayoko for example. Even the situation with our instagram boy Andre Silva is quite similar and as it looks now, there's a big chance we will get pretty much the same amount we bought him for, even with that failed year with us.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
we should have known he was shit when MB was asking his turk friends about him and they said he was nothing special

turks calling another turk player nothing special = garbage player.

please fuck off to besiktas

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It depends on the team I would build, in the current Milan, no, since we are not really in need of a CAM, but in dire need of a LW. Pay right away? Naah I would probably ask for a loan with option to buy if I was an owner of another club. Just because Hakan failed this season and failing in Milan, Doesn't mean he could not be a success in another team, like Bakayoko for example. Even the situation with our instagram boy Andre Silva is quite similar and as it looks now, there's a big chance we will get pretty much the same amount we bought him for, even with that failed year with us.

what i'm trying to say is lets say there is a LW who is having the season hakan is having(overall history being similar too), would you gamble that amount? me personally, i don't think any club would buy him for that amount. both baka and silva went on loan with option to buy. so either loan with 20-24M option and hope he plays well or super cheap sale or hope that his form somehow recover.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

after yesterday, there is no doubt I would rather give borini and samu more chances over this jaafar looking waste of space.

It's not. Borini and Samu are less skilled with the ball at their feet, but they are better at dictacing the pass with their movement.

Also, they are more aggressive when pressing the opponent. Teams who playing against Milan expect to be able to play easily the ball from behind, because Cutrone is usually the only player that tries to disturb them.

Borini, Piatek and Castillejo is instead a quite threateing trio.

The performances of Bakayoko, Piatek and Paqueta made the rest.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He need to fucking chill. He seems so desperate for a goal out there... like assists aren’t that bad my dude.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone should make a compilation of all his misses and fails. At least get some laughs out of this useless fraud

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
He need to fucking chill. He seems so desperate for a goal out there... like assists aren’t that bad my dude.

He needs to get benched. He isnt working.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
we should have known he was shit when MB was asking his turk friends about him and they said he was nothing special

turks calling another turk player nothing special = garbage player.

please fuck off to besiktas

I've heard a couple of "I told you so" from them this season. They are not surprised at all.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Good to see his teammates supporting him through this period. He needs to calm down and focus more. Had a good first half and then went berserk obsessing about the goal.

Forza Hakan!

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
My best friend is also Turkish and he said the same thing when I asked about him when we signed Hakan. He literally said to me he’s not Milan quality straight off the bat.

Anyway, I thought his first half today was serviceable. His second was so frustrating as the team was playing beautiful football at times and his first touch and shot was horrible at times.

Is it just me or does this guy lose his footing more than any player ever?

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
My best friend is also Turkish and he said the same thing when I asked about him when we signed Hakan. He literally said to me he’s not Milan quality straight off the bat.

Anyway, I thought his first half today was serviceable. His second was so frustrating as the team was playing beautiful football at times and his first touch and shot was horrible at times.

Is it just me or does this guy lose his footing more than any player ever?

People forget that all Hakan was known for was being an awesome free kick taker.

He was rivaling Pjanic for best free kick taker in Europe.

Now not only doesn't he score them, he's hardly taking them at all. He offers little overall now.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Disgusting reaction to Tek9s goal. Sell him in the summer, not worthy of the Milan shirt ffs, let alone number 10.

Gullit, Savicevic, Rui Costa, Boban, Baggio, Seedorf etc to this and Honda before him :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Official: Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

People forget that all Hakan was known for was being an awesome free kick taker.

He was rivaling Pjanic for best free kick taker in Europe.

Now not only doesn't he score them, he's hardly taking them at all. He offers little overall now.

He is taking them, but just as his shots during open play, they are going straight to the wall or the keeper. This is a phase we’ve seen many players go through.. the goal will come.

The important part is his contribution besides the goal. He had a good game against Cagliari and seemed very much a part of the system. He must keep that up and relax about the goal. Thankfully the environment around this Milan seems ideal for a player to regain form, thanks to Gattuso.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
so if you're shit for 7 months, it's a phase?

thankfully leonardo will ship him out this summer and he'll hopefully replace him with a proper player.

we have bonaventura coming back to be paq's sub at LCM as well, there's no need for this bum.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just when you think it cant get any better i see my boy hakan shooting and shootin...pass the ball you soy emo freak.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so if you're shit for 7 months, it's a phase?

thankfully leonardo will ship him out this summer and he'll hopefully replace him with a proper player.

we have bonaventura coming back to be paq's sub at LCM as well, there's no need for this bum.

He hasn't been shit, his finishing has been shit. He is pulling his weight in the build-up and defensive phase like anyone else. Especially last night.

Bonaventura brings a different set of skill to the table.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He hasn't been shit, his finishing has been shit. He is pulling his weight in the build-up and defensive phase like anyone else. Especially last night.

Bonaventura brings a different set of skill to the table.

I get that you want to be different by not "hating" on hakan but jesus christ, he's been abysmal this season. High work rate doesn't give you a pass.

home fans booing him all season isn't a good indicator?

bonaventura brings a skill set, enough said.

Last edited:

Schedule