Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Inzaghi9 said:
who knows,he may grow up and be as hot as his father is :cool:

who knows LoL :)

Reaction score
milanist said:
His mother's name was Maria Luisa. This is Cesare's wife, Dianora Blanco.
No, that's Adriana's mother! Cesare is still married to Paolo's mother, Marisa, who is very much alive! Adriana's surname is Fossa (her dad's surname) but in Venezuela they don't change their name when they get married hence her mum's surname is still Blanco (Adriana's fullname is Adriana Elena Fossa Blanco)

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
latrinitasanta said:
No, that's Adriana's mother! Cesare is still married to Paolo's mother, Marisa, who is very much alive! Adriana's surname is Fossa (her dad's surname) but in Venezuela they don't change their name when they get married hence her mum's surname is still Blanco (Adriana's fullname is Adriana Elena Fossa Blanco)

Thanks, that's what I thought at first. That must make for a long signature on cheques.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PRESS SURVEY - SACCHI: 'Maldini deserves Golden Ball'
10/28/2005
MILAN - La Gazzetta dello Sport interviewed Arrigo Sacchi who talked about the big match between Milan and Juve: 'I hope the best team wins and I hope the best is Milan because I will always be close to this club. Juve are a solid machine that concedes very little, they can please or not but that the way it is. Milan play football in a different way. The ideal would be a mix of the two sides then you really have a perfect side. Gilardino is a top player. I am not surprised by Maldini and Costacurta, they have always been two great players. I think Billy will beat the record of finishing a match without running. Maldini has deserved the Golden Ball for plenty of years but this year more so and not just for his long career.'
A final word on Ancelotti: 'Carlo is well thought of in Madrid but he's doing really well at Milan. After all he has won he has nothing to prove to anyone.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]

He sure does! My vote goes for Maldini.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
milanist said:
PRESS SURVEY - SACCHI: 'Maldini deserves Golden Ball'
10/28/2005
MILAN - La Gazzetta dello Sport interviewed Arrigo Sacchi who talked about the big match between Milan and Juve: 'I hope the best team wins and I hope the best is Milan because I will always be close to this club. Juve are a solid machine that concedes very little, they can please or not but that the way it is. Milan play football in a different way. The ideal would be a mix of the two sides then you really have a perfect side. Gilardino is a top player. I am not surprised by Maldini and Costacurta, they have always been two great players. I think Billy will beat the record of finishing a match without running. Maldini has deserved the Golden Ball for plenty of years but this year more so and not just for his long career.'
A final word on Ancelotti: 'Carlo is well thought of in Madrid but he's doing really well at Milan. After all he has won he has nothing to prove to anyone.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]

He sure does! My vote goes for Maldini.
Wohahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
An intreasting stat which whill sho the greatness of Paolo Maldini.:cool:
Paolo is in the dream team of almost all soccer fans. The only player to be included in more dream teams by soccer fans is the legendary Deigo Maradona;)
I mean Deigo is picked more as an automatic choice than Paolo. But the others like Pele, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Baggio, Kahn, Cryuff, Van Basten, Shevchenko, Javier Zanetti, cafu etc are behind him;) He is a true legend:cool:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini (born June 26, 1968 in Milan) is an Italian football player. Maldini is a defender and predominantly plays the position of left back, although he sometimes plays at centre back. Throughout his long career, he has remained a one club man with A.C. Milan. One of the great defenders of all time, he was arguably the best defender of his time at the peak of his career, and remains well known for influential captaincy, ice-cool temperament and flawless defending. He is still playing at the very high level, which is confirmed by inclusion to FIFPro World XI in 2005, nomination to the UEFA Champions League 2004-2005 most valuable defender title, and second place in Golden Foot nomination in 2005.

[edit]
Biography
Maldini's Serie A debut came in 1985. He has had a glittering career to date, winning many trophies with Milan (as of 2005, those include seven Serie A titles and four European Cups).

Maldini is Italy's most capped player. However, he never managed to win a trophy at the international level despite playing in the 1994 World Cup final and the 2000 European Championship Final. He retired from the national team after 2002 World Cup finishing his successful career with 126 caps and 7 goals. Maldini also played in the 1990 and 1998 World Cups, Euro 88, and Euro 96.

Maldini also set a new record in the UEFA Champions League by scoring after only 51 seconds in the final against Liverpool F.C. in 2005.

There was a public appeal in Italy for Maldini to come out of retirement for the 2004 European Championship, but he rejected the appeal for "personal reasons". Paolo's father, Cesare, also captained A.C. Milan in the 1960s, lifting the Champions Cup in 1963.

Maldini recently broke Dino Zoff's Serie A appearance record, making his 571st appearance against Treviso F.B.C.. He also recently played his 800th game in all competitions for Milan.

[edit]
Honors
Italian Championship : 1988, 1992, 1993, 1994.
European Champions' Cup: 1989, 1990, 1994, 2003.
European Supercup: 1989, 1990, 1995.
World Club Cup: 1989, 1990.
ITALIA 90: Third place.
USA 94: Runner-up.
WORLD SOCCER's World Player of the Year: 1994.
Maldini was the first defender to win the World Soccer's World Player of the Year Award, which puts him in the same class of Michel Platini, Paolo Rossi, and Zico. On receiving his award, Maldini said: "It's a great honor for me to know that so many people consider me so highly. It's a particular matter of pride because defenders generally receive so much less attention from fans and the media than goalscorers. We are more in the engine room rather than taking the glory. I must admit that, for me, 1994 was the peak of my career so far. For any player to win the Champions Cup or to play in the World Cup Final would be enormous single matter of pride --- but I was fortunate enough to be able to experience both those pinnacles of the game within a matter of weeks. Of course, whatever success I may have achieved is not merely down to my own credit. There are other people and influences on my career it would be only fair to acknowledge. Everyone always asks me about my father, Cesare, who captained Milan to their first Champions Cup victory in 1963 and is now our national under-21 coach. But I don't really remember him as a player. I played under his instructions in Milan youth teams when I was a boy but really I learned more from him about being a man, about a correct attitude to the game, than from a technical point of view. Then, there has been my captain and colleague Franco Baresi. In my opinion he has received far too little recognition for his influence within the club and within Italian and international football. He is the man of few words but 'talks' instead through his deeds out on the pitch. He really deserves to receive the sort of award I have received from World Soccer. But ... thank you again!"

from wikipedia

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Source: Football Italia

Milan captain Paolo Maldini has welcomed the present Serie A break thanks to the international schedule.

The pause has interrupted the Rossoneri’s run of eight straight top-flight wins, but the veteran insists his outfit will be ready to continue their pursuit of leaders Juventus.

"We are prepared to carry on where we left off," Maldini stated on Thursday. "This period will be of real use to the few of us who have remained here at Milanello.

"There is also less stress about for those internationals who are only playing friendly games during the next week."

The San Siro giants are undoubtedly the most in-form team in the Division, but they do face some tricky tests when club football takes centre stage again.

Milan will travel to Florence to play high-flying Fiorentina, before revisiting Istanbul when Fenerbahce will threaten to give them another Champions League nightmare.

"We know that Fiorentina are a great side who are full of enthusiasm," continued Maldini who was quick to highlight their main threat.

"They can also count on Luca Toni who has already scored 13 goals in 11 games.

"We will need to be really alert. Even if it is vital that we firstly concentrate on this game and then think about that fundamental clash in Turkey."

Milan really need to win their last two Champions League group games, against Fenerbahce and Schalke, after their shock 1-0 reverse at PSV Eindhoven.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Maldini To Retire In 2007
11/14/2005 6:45:00 AM
The Milan captain will leave the football world when his current contract expires.
Paolo Maldini has confirmed that his last season in football will be that of 2007, when he will not extend his current deal with the Rossoneri.

“In 2007, when my contract with Milan expires, I will retire. I have fun every day, I always want to train and feel physically well, and then I’m really tied to this shirt. Football is my life and I still can’t think about a life without football. For this reason the moment of my farewell is postponed for a bit more."

source: Goal.com

Yikes! Ive been a Milan fan for so many years now and Paolo has been the only player that has been playing since thn! I cant imagine Milan without him but i guess its something we all have to go trough 1 day. Forza Paolo!!!

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Yikes! Ive been a Milan fan for so many years now and Paolo has been the only player that has been playing since thn! I cant imagine Milan without him but i guess its something we all have to go trough 1 day. Forza Paolo!!!
What about Costacurta?

S

superman_1899

Pele and maradona were worlds greatest during their time. But maldini is the worlds greatest then till now!!!

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Yeah, i think I'll miss him too. I hope his son will be as good as him though.

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
I’ll play on until 2007, vows Maldini

14.11 || scharatz || $source

Source: Football Italia

well what can I say I'm so happy and proud of Maldini. this is best news I heard lately

Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has announced that he will keep playing until 2007 despite his advancing years.

Maldini, who has enjoyed a long and glittering career that has lasted nearly 20 years, has said that the motivation and desire to play for his club is still as strong as ever.

"I will leave in 2007 when my contract runs out," the Rossoneri captain told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I enjoy it every day, I still have the desire to train hard and stay fit and I’m very attached to the shirt.

"I can’t imagine a life without football yet and so I fully intend to keep going."

Maldini, who retired from international football after winning a record 126 caps for his country, has yet to show any real sign that age is taking its toll and is a leading candidate to win the Ballon d’Or next month.

"It’s very flattering to be short-listed but I don’t think it’s been one of my finest seasons," he added with typical modesty.

"I think these prizes are normally awarded to players who have won big trophies and I don’t think anyone is going to forget Istanbul in a hurry."

Maldini scored the first goal in that incredible Champions League Final defeat in May – and it is just that sort of inspirational contribution which has led Coach Carlo Ancelotti to keep selecting him this season.

The 37-year-old has played 12 matches and scored twice in all competitions already this term.

When the veteran defender does eventually hang his boots up, though, another Maldini will be waiting in the wings to keep the family reputation alive at the San Siro for a third generation.

In the same way that Paolo followed in the footsteps of father Cesare at Milan, so his son, Christian, is learning the ropes having also signed for Ancelotti’s men recently at the ripe old age of eight.

"At the moment all he needs to think about is having fun," said the peerless No 3. "Although, even at eight years of age he already has the pressure of the Press on him – they see him as the new Maldini.

"I’ll be happy if he has a career like mine, the same way I followed my father, but he’s still just a boy and all that counts is that he enjoys himself."

MS_PAINT

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah; Boban; Seva; Kaka; Maldini; Raul
TheGrinch said:
I like this news! :D
I thought before he could quit already in summer 2006...
i just read this on one croatian sport portal
i cant't imagine milan without him

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI: ‘Three fundamental points’
11/24/2005
ISTANBUL - Paolo Maldini said: ‘These are three fundamental points. Looking at this evening’s result and thinking about the games against PSV from which we only took one point home, it seems absurd to me to not have the qualification in the bag yet. But, this is just how it is. Now, we must play down to the end against Schalke at the San Siro. Tonight’s game was delicate and very important, we interpreted it well. They had three important absences, but it was our quality that made the difference. They were not able to attack and be incisive. The public’s applause was great; they behaved like gentlemen, but this doesn’t cancel out the ugly Turkey-Switzerland events.’

acmilan.com

Klelia22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I have a really stupid question:Does anyone know why Paolo had a black eye ay the Fenerbahce game on wednesday?

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Klelia22 said:
I have a really stupid question:Does anyone know why Paolo had a black eye ay the Fenerbahce game on wednesday?

I think he wasnt the only one who had black eye , probably they have seen to much movies with soldiers ;)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I've noticed it. But I have no clue what happened.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, perhaps he got whacked during the game. I doubt he got it in a bar fight or anything.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Wasn't it due to the hit on the face he got from Brocchi during the game against Fiorentina?

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Will Maldini Ever Get His Due?

Paolo Maldini could have chosen Theology as his career.

For nearly two decades, he has been serving the sport he loves with a dedication and distinction that has few peers throughout history, and each time he gets punched in the face for it.

And yet, he carries on. No complaining, no whining, no 'I - should've - got - it but - anyway - congrats - to - the - one - who - did' stuff. Simple acceptance. Only Paolo is capable of this.

Its a sacrilege.

One of the greatest defenders ever to grace the game, one of sports few true icons, a man of unparalleled integrity, a giant who still somehow maintains the passion he had for the game when he was 20.

He's won everything that's worth winning at club level, but must've been lady luck's ugly duckling when it came to the international level. The great Paolo won nothing there.

So, after nearly two decades of magic,of brilliance,of genius, what are the plaudits that he has won for the service he has rendered so selflessly to the game he loved, and still does?

Nothing.

Its a crying shame for Football. For FIFA. For Blatter and all his predecessors, and all the journalists, players and coaches, wise old men who knew better than to give the Great Paolo his due.

If there are words which describe their stupidity and callousness in a fitting manner, they fail me.

Paolo Maldini will be the the greatest gladiator football has ever known, and yet, will remain undecorated.

Its a f***ing sacrilege.

P.S. : I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is merged, but i believe it is no crime to atleast try opening a new thread to pay tribute to Il Capitano, and pay vent to our fury.

Schedule