Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Definitely mental as well. Gus's stand up utilize his length more rather than angles with Jones. Gus is nowhere near as good as a wrestler as Jones either.

I would say DC has a really good mental game from being a wrestler already, rather he just feel like he cannot beat Jones. Gus mentally is probably the weakest out of all 3 and would probably lose to Jones again, just my opinion.

I also think he'll lose the second fight.

But the bold part is nowhere near to being correct.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
proposal:

jones and brock lesnar fight under pride drug testing rules

brock-lesnar-m.jpg

the people deserve this

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Sage remember when I introduced you to MMA/UFC and you were like nooo wrestling is the shit. Good times.

the origins of MMA are professional wrestling, not the modern day wwe shit, but catch wrestling from the likes of karl gotch, billy robinson and antonio inoki.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if you're srs or not :D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
the origins of MMA are professional wrestling, not the modern day wwe shit, but catch wrestling from the likes of karl gotch, billy robinson and antonio inoki.

ok mr mma connoisseur, go watch some john fitch.

Perhaps "nowhere near" was a bit of an overstatement.

:thumbsup:

Gus' wrestling is very good, he had 1-1 in takedowns vs both Jones and DC. That means a lot imo. And he takes down most of his other opponents pretty often.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Gus is the division's best shot but he had his chance. The judges just didn't see it for him. And he has not showed much to say he is really better than before. We are back in the Jones era people.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
cancel the lhw division, it's meaningless, move them up to HW.

after lesnar is done with jones, I'd like to see lesnar vs gus

lesnar 2nd round tko via bully beat down.

Last edited:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UFC got any more big fights this and next month? I know Nunes is next but I am not that big on women's MMA.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Gus is the division's best shot but he had his chance. The judges just didn't see it for him. And he has not showed much to say he is really better than before. We are back in the Jones era people.

did we ever even leave the Jones era?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
cancel the lhw division, it's meaningless, move them up to HW.

after lesnar is done with jones, I'd like to see lesnar vs gus

lesnar 2nd tko via bully beat down.

actually, merging the divisions wouldn't be a bad idea.

numbers from nowhere, but 225 pound division? then create a 195 division.

Dana White got the questions about new divisions and he said nope!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
UFC got any more big fights this and next month? I know Nunes is next but I am not that big on women's MMA.

next 2 months for ufc are lame

apparently ufc 216 in october might have miocic vs cain :eek: :love:

------------------------

Canelo vs GGG in mid september is going to be great

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
did we ever even leave the Jones era?

Guess not. It was just on hold while Jones was snorting some good coke. Good thing we do not have to hear DC's insecure self anymore.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
next 2 months for ufc are lame

apparently ufc 216 in october might have miocic vs cain :eek: :love:

------------------------

Canelo vs GGG in mid september is going to be great

Ok looks like Canelo vs GGG is the next fight on my radar. Knowing boxing these days though there will be controversy.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I also think he'll lose the second fight.

But the bold part is nowhere near to being correct.

yes agreed. dint gus take jones down like 2 times in their fight iirc? jones struggled to get him down conversely.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
do you guys think cain has a legitimate chance vs miocic? i really like cain but i am worried because cain is a pressure fighter and miocic does very well off the back foot. Are fighters chosen style too ingrained in their head that they cant adapt to different fighters by utilizing a different fighting style? I wish cain could do some counter punches etc like miocic by anticipating the opposition fighter's offensive output.

The reason why i doubt whether cain can beat miocic is cause he is perennially injured. Prime cain would certainly beat anyone in the planet.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I went to the event, I have a video of the DC/Jones entrances but it aint great, I missed the Manuwa fight going to get beer ($15 for a bud light :fp: ) everybody threw up there phones for the Maia fight which looked cool because the arena was dark, kind of like the wrestling Bray Wyatt thing. I couldn't careless about the women's but I really enjoyed DC/Jones & was glad I was there to witness, considering there probably wont be a 3rd now.

I thought Cerrone beat Lawler too & the crowd weren't happy with it

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if you're srs or not :D

:lol: yea I am, just really wanted to use that Funaki gif

actually, merging the divisions wouldn't be a bad idea.

numbers from nowhere, but 225 pound division? then create a 195 division.

Dana White got the questions about new divisions and he said nope!

Too diluted as it is, more weight division would just mean more meaningless titles and title fights.

Perhaps a restructuring would do the divisions some good. Move MW up to 195 and above is HW. The smaller LHW could go down to MW, and rest can move up to HW.

yes agreed. dint gus take jones down like 2 times in their fight iirc? jones struggled to get him down conversely.

1 time. Jones got him down once as well.

do you guys think cain has a legitimate chance vs miocic? i really like cain but i am worried because cain is a pressure fighter and miocic does very well off the back foot. Are fighters chosen style too ingrained in their head that they cant adapt to different fighters by utilizing a different fighting style? I wish cain could do some counter punches etc like miocic by anticipating the opposition fighter's offensive output.

The reason why i doubt whether cain can beat miocic is cause he is perennially injured. Prime cain would certainly beat anyone in the planet.

Definitely have a chance

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Junior dos Santos pulled from UFC 215 due to potential USADA violation

ffs :fp: