Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Feel sad for my man Tony to only now get the attention he deserves.

He deserved to have a title fight right after his win over Kevin Lee but got treated like shot now. Hopefully hes up next vs Khabib

everyone knows tony is a beast, would love to see him vs khabib (for the 5th time :lol:)

so what do you guys think happens to conor? he says he wants a rematch, I don't buy it. I doubt ol' silk sheets wants to get mauled again.

my guess is that the trilogy with nate diaz happens by max july 2019.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Feel sad for my man Tony to only now get the attention he deserves.

He deserved to have a title fight right after his win over Kevin Lee but got treated like shot now. Hopefully hes up next vs Khabib

don't worry man. Tony is next in line for sure. Tony vs khabib is the real fight. 2 of he best fighters in the division by a mile. Connor is third. I still think Connor beats the rest. he would starch Kevin Lee with ease imo despite the wrestling advantage for lee.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
everyone knows tony is a beast, would love to see him vs khabib (for the 5th time :lol:)

so what do you guys think happens to conor? he says he wants a rematch, I don't buy it. I doubt ol' silk sheets wants to get mauled again.

my guess is that the trilogy with nate diaz happens by max july 2019.

I reckon Connor should fight Diaz Poirier winner or Kevin Lee. if he starches lee which I sure think he can, then he is back in the mix. Tony is a terrible matchup for Connor too but Tony does get hit alot. Connor could scrape a decision if he doesn't go to the ground but chances are low because Tony has a food gas tank.
even though I like Tony and khabib, I felt sorry for Connor today. anyone else feel bad for him? I dint like how the Russian friend of kebab sucker punched him from the back. that was a b move.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Diaz win vs Poirier, win against the loser of Tony/Khabib or Conor and hes up for the title.

Would love to see Tony vs Nate, two of my absolute favorite mma fighters.

Waited almost 2 years for you Nate, dont dissapoint me now

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Khabib’s press conference after 😆😆😆

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diaz win vs Poirier, win against the loser of Tony/Khabib or Conor and hes up for the title.

Would love to see Tony vs Nate, two of my absolute favorite mma fighters.

Waited almost 2 years for you Nate, dont dissapoint me now

nate wants no part of Tony haha. not because he is scared but moreso cause he isn't worth the money that would be offered to fight him.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
even though I like Tony and khabib, I felt sorry for Connor today. anyone else feel bad for him? I dint like how the Russian friend of kebab sucker punched him from the back. that was a b move.

nope

especially when clips of him throwing the first punch to khabib's team mate popped up

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nope

especially when clips of him throwing the first punch to khabib's team mate popped up

That guy was actually trying to swing and hit Conor first but Conor was too fast and gave him that left hook. A second after comes another one over the face who swings at Conor from behind. You can see that in the clips.

Also, the guy who got punched by Conor released a video in russian (which I saw on instagram) showing of his bruise under his eye saying how he tried to hit Conor but that he was too fast.

Fuck Conor tho, all respect to Khabib for all the amount of shit he took from Conor.

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nate wants no part of Tony haha. not because he is scared but moves cause he isn't worth the money that would be offered to him.

We ll see, I´m hopefull it can happen. Would absolutely love that fight

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
yep

but i severely underestimated his boxing after how bad it looked vs iaquinta

also the way khabib landed the first TD, most fighters jump out of that shit :lol: :fp:

I think a lot of people are deceived a bit when they watch Khabib's boxing. It's very unorthodox and unlike what boxers would normally do but it is effective. It looks bad but isn't that bad.

Part of it is an element of surprise. You can watch hours of a guy fighting but you've spent thousand more hours training your muscle memory to react to typical movements. Also Khabib got really good reaction speeds which helps his defense a lot.

He obviously shouldn't step in a boxing ring, his boxing doesn't work for that. But for MMA he's in a good spot with his striking. Also, his chin being able to hold up wasn't a surprise either - the few times it was tested he didn't waver at all.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
best moment of the night for me was Lewis getting completely rekt all fight and with 11 seconds left of the final round ko's Volkov. His balls were hot

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah genius fight IQ by Volkov - keeping distance most of the fight and then trading for the last 30 seconds in mid range in a fight you've won with a guy that has one shot stopping power :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Az, did I miss it or did you forget to call Conor a cheating cunt btw? I mean with all the cage, glove and shorts holding he did during the fight.

Or is it just when certain fighters do it that you react?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
az, did i miss it or did you forget to call conor a cheating cunt btw? I mean with all the cage, glove and shorts holding he did during the fight.

+1

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't blame Conor for the cheating. I mean sure, it's a cuntish thing to do but he was just trying to survive the reenactment of that bear scene in the revenant. But Herb Dean not even given a single warning for all that blatant cheating is a disgrace. Not much of a conspiracy to say he probably got told to let Conor cheat from the higher ups.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
not just this fight. even in the Woodley fight. it looked like they wanted till to win so bad lmao. but he got wrecked everywhere by GOAT Woodley. Not even prime gsp beats current Woodley. Woodley under roofus is an animal.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Imagine what Woodley would do to Conor. Stay away from WW breh...

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if Connor had much better stamina, could he beat khabib? I am hearing talks about a rematch. I mean his bjj isn't going to improve much within a year to help him beat khabib. His power doesn't seem to translate well in LW either against guys similar to his size. Connor isn't a small LW either. He is one of the bigger guys comfortably.

on another note I want to see khabib vs Woodley.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think Conors problem is that he's too much talk. He's been away from the game for two years, he could have trained and improved his game/stamina but he didn't. That tap was so weak, especially for someone who talks about the warrior mindset as much as he does. He was tired and saw an easy way out.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Az, did I miss it or did you forget to call Conor a cheating cunt btw? I mean with all the cage, glove and shorts holding he did during the fight.

Did you make a calendar note to ask that question? I'm flattered.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
not just this fight. even in the Woodley fight. it looked like they wanted till to win so bad lmao. but he got wrecked everywhere by GOAT Woodley. Not even prime gsp beats current Woodley. Woodley under roofus is an animal.

Yeah, when they immediately moved them away from the clinch :lol: Shameful. Doesn't matter though, ref can't save you from that Woodley punch.

if Connor had much better stamina, could he beat khabib? I am hearing talks about a rematch. I mean his bjj isn't going to improve much within a year to help him beat khabib. His power doesn't seem to translate well in LW either against guys similar to his size. Connor isn't a small LW either. He is one of the bigger guys comfortably.

on another note I want to see khabib vs Woodley.

I think a lot of the rematch chatter comes from casual media, perhaps fueled by Conor's tweet. It only makes sense money wise, sporting wise there was too big of a gap to entertain a rematch. There are many good challengers for Khabib once he's back.

Conor with better cardio won't change a thing. He was drained this time after the first - so what? Now it takes two rounds for him to get drained? All the same. He lacks power and technique to combat Khabib on the group. Khabib already comes in with more power and endurance and is more economic with his technique.

Woodley is one of the biggest threats to Khabib, want to see it for the WW crown eventually.

I think Conors problem is that he's too much talk. He's been away from the game for two years, he could have trained and improved his game/stamina but he didn't. That tap was so weak, especially for someone who talks about the warrior mindset as much as he does. He was tired and saw an easy way out.

Well he did train in the time off but you got one thing right. He talks a lot about warrior mindset but he consistently taps when it gets a little bit rough.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That was the funniest tap ive seen. Conor was like "dont do it you puss- ah fuck im gonna do it"

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

For sure.

The way Kavanagh broke down the podcast was that, Connor expected to be taken down, and he didn't expect to stand up. He was telling Connor to "play guard" if he gets taken down, you see how that went. Overall, despite all the trash talk I don't think Connor believed he can beat Khabib other than the KO (judging how he moved in the fight).

And I really don't think the tap was weak. He was in a nasty head crank with a Russian that hates him and can hurt his neck really badly and put him out for a long time and you can bet that shit has lingering effects. Once again, you can see his head was already turned and Khabib has 2 hooks in and Connor was going face down, all it needed was a proper little rotation from Khabib and it's bye-bye to Connor for a LONG time. If it was a blood choke I understand this sentiment, but when it comes to anything else, trying to tough out a submission to prove a point is the dumbest thing one could do.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think a lot of the rematch chatter comes from casual media, perhaps fueled by Conor's tweet. It only makes sense money wise, sporting wise there was too big of a gap to entertain a rematch. There are many good challengers for Khabib once he's back.

Conor with better cardio won't change a thing. He was drained this time after the first - so what? Now it takes two rounds for him to get drained? All the same. He lacks power and technique to combat Khabib on the group. Khabib already comes in with more power and endurance and is more economic with his technique.

Exactly. Khabib vs. Ferguson makes the most sense in my mind.

And also correct on that account. Connor "gassed" but you have to look at how he gassed. It's not because he went for it and threw wild combo and gassed himself out. Rather, you have someone who is really good at controlling holding you down so you are carrying both YOURS and HIS weight.

This type of endurance isn't going to come from just working out or running, without rolling with someone who puts immense pressure like that, it is really difficult to udnerstand how quickly that sucks the energy out of you and how hard it is to recover from that.

How does Connor improve? Technique. Connor will never be at the level where he can go move for move with Khabib, but he can at least be proficient enough to be able to work out of bad positions without losing all his energy.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Khabib-Nurmagomedov.jpg

Remember the good old days? :lol:

I've seen people say he cuts from 200 lbs while Conor starts cutting from 180, but i can't find any proper sources for any of it. If is it only means:

A: Khabib is more efficient at weight cutting.
B: Conor sucks at it.

Exactly. Khabib vs. Ferguson makes the most sense in my mind.

And also correct on that account. Connor "gassed" but you have to look at how he gassed. It's not because he went for it and threw wild combo and gassed himself out. Rather, you have someone who is really good at controlling holding you down so you are carrying both YOURS and HIS weight.

This type of endurance isn't going to come from just working out or running, without rolling with someone who puts immense pressure like that, it is really difficult to udnerstand how quickly that sucks the energy out of you and how hard it is to recover from that.

How does Connor improve? Technique. Connor will never be at the level where he can go move for move with Khabib, but he can at least be proficient enough to be able to work out of bad positions without losing all his energy.

FYI much better cardio for Conor of would improve his odds at winning. If he can sustain the same pace for 5 rounds, then he can spam his kicks for 5 rounds. If he tires in 2, then he is a slice of tiramisu for Khabib again.

Conserving his energy won't do much against Khabib, he needs to stay active not the other way around. What you said is true, just by doing runs he won't improve his cardio enough for Khabib, he needs to roll with somebody that won' t ass kiss him in the gym, and prepare him for a real situation.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
And I really don't think the tap was weak. He was in a nasty head crank with a Russian that hates him and can hurt his neck really badly and put him out for a long time and you can bet that shit has lingering effects. Once again, you can see his head was already turned and Khabib has 2 hooks in and Connor was going face down, all it needed was a proper little rotation from Khabib and it's bye-bye to Connor for a LONG time. If it was a blood choke I understand this sentiment, but when it comes to anything else, trying to tough out a submission to prove a point is the dumbest thing one could do.

Well, you know this better than me so I won't say too much. I didn't think about the injury risk, thought that a neck cranck was just painful.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed in how little Conors developed over the last couple of years. I can't respect him again unless he beats Khabib.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Khabib hasn't walked around in a long time at 200lbs. Since his who hospital episode where his kidney shut down I've heard they settle to never become bigger than 185/190 lbs and he's probably a tad smaller in camp as well.

Don't even know if Conor goes over 180 unless he's out drinking :lol:

That amount of cardio you envision for Conor to be able to spam kicks for 5 rounds while in a cage with Khabib is impossible. Not only is the gameplan of spamming kicks vs a wrestler suspect, it is a bit naive to think he'll not get taken down. I don't see an avenue for Conor realistically opening up in this matchup besides a fluke KO. Not at a man a few years away from starting to decline physically.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Did you make a calendar note to ask that question? I'm flattered.

well your mouth goes off regarding this stuff anytime a fighter you don't like (for whatever reason) does it. we can't let this hypocrisy slide, can we?

we're waiting, is Conor McGreggor a cheating cunt or what?

Schedule