Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He's out of the title picture for sure, but let the man make some money and give us a good show now and then. Gate keeper kind of guy. He seem to be in good shape so why not.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Rockhold so brutal.

Edit:

How the hell does he make 185

The guy is an animal, so entertaining to watch, future champion guaranteed at least by mma math.

Chris couldn't hold Machida down at all, and Luke made it look easy. Can't wait for that championship fight.

PVZ:l::love:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fucking moronic Jones :lol:

Should have been a re-match with Gustaffson for Johnson instead of a fight with Cormier though.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Cormier will beat johnson.
Jones :fp:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
MqOPQIg.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last couple of cards has been dreadful...goodness even some of the older WEC cards were more exciting

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah... can't wait for Aldo vs Mcgreggor. Cain vs Verdum isn't bad either.

Cormier vs Johnson is a bit meh imo... I would rather have seen Gustafsson there, I'm biased there though. Cormier should stick to commentating for FOX lol. But I get the fight tbh, the way Johnson beat Gus he really doesn't deserve an instant re-match.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
gustafsson should stick to claiming hes the shit because he went 5 rounds with jones

4za cormier

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

go to 34:35

1200 score at 38 :lol: vitor :proud:

joe rogan's face after chris said that :lol:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
belfort was an embarrassment on the ground, dafuq was that :fp:

browne arlovski :star: I love heavyweight wars :b:

DC and ryan bader at the post fight press conference :lol: :lol: I really want to see DC own this guy.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
DC :proud: :star:

3 round schooling

meh, this was more Johnson fucking up than DC doing anything special.

I loved it when he was like "get your shit together jon jones, i'm waiting for you" :fp:

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!! jon jones toyed with him in their fight not so long ago.

I've never liked Jones, and I think UFC did the right thing when they stripped him of his title, but I hope he comes back very soon, gets an instant title fight and destroys DC... AGAIN.

The LHW title is nothing but air right now... the only way it would mean at least something was if Johnson would have won it (since he hasn't lost to the champ), or if gustafsson takes it from DC (because he had a fight with jones where many said he won).

Right now though, absolutely nothing around DC's waist.

Also Weidman is the real deal, no doubt :star:

Indeed. But he's another fighter I can't stand, don't know why :lol:

I hope Rockhold's gonna take it from him.

belfort was an embarrassment on the ground, dafuq was that :fp:

browne arlovski :star: I love heavyweight wars :b:

+1 to both

---------------------

Seriously, what was that from Johnson :fp::fp:

Ridiculously bad fight from him and his corner. The instructions/game plan: go in, bang bang, go out.

And did anyone notice how his corner panicked? If I were Johnson I'd change camp after this fight. They did absolutely nothing but to worsen the situation for him. There was no tactical or technical instructions from his corner to help him out, neither during or between the rounds.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Man i feel sorry for A.J, was really hoping he would pull a Lawler. I can't fucking stand D.C, i hope Bader somehow wrestle fucks him to a idiot split decision so he can cry about it for another year.

To me Weidman is so ..i dunno bleh. Amazing fighter no doubt, just that his style and personality makes it hard to root for him. Was hoping Belfort would win, just for the reaction afterwards but man did he blew it.

Started off a amazing flurry of shots, only to be taken down like a sack of potatoes.

The heavy weight fight was amazing, that 360 that Pitbull pulled was great, hats off to him.

Cowboy was just being cowboy. Also on that note currently watching the post fight presser:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not too bothered about DC being a champ when he didn't beat jones. he's the best guy in the division when jones is not around and who knows when he'll be back, a year? 2? 3? even 6 months but since there's not set return date it's only fair someone holds the title.

people mad DC won because he lost to jones? be mad at gus for getting destroyed like he belongs at fight pass cards by rumble, or rumble not working on his cardio one bit when a lot of people knew it would be a major weakness of his, dude was gassed by the first round :lol:

for me it isn't much different then when GSP beat hendricks and retired, I know many people think hendricks won that fight but at the end of the day the champ didn't get beat and unlike the WW division. unless jones retires which is highly unlikely, he will have an instant shot at the belt when he's back to settle it.

I'm hoping for DC to at least defend against bader and gustafsson before he fights jones, I'd like to to see those 2 get owned.

weidman is a beast, likable guy too but that all american gimmick doesn't connect with international audiences.

weidman rockhold should be awesome

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet you that Gus will win against Cormier should they fight.

Bader is just clowning himself to a title fight, fodder fighter. :o

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UFC fight night 68 was fucking awesome man, finish after finish. :star::star::star::star::star::star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And the troll won, hahaha awesome:thumbsup:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Impressed by Verdum!

But Cain really didn't look like himself, he gassed after the first round and looked really rusty. Showed weakness in adapting, he got to understand you can't always go forward full throttle.

Dos Santos vs Verdum next please. Only title fight that makes sense right now. Or Miocic. But I bet Verdum wants to take revenge on Dos Santos for that uppercut.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
In that case they're probably gonna put that fight in late December.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I think werdum would beat the current jds, he's not the same after those 2 beatings by Cain. Imo jds should be ahead of stipe since he beat him last December.

Schedule