Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Pierce should return for playoffs every year for the next 10 years.

Curry has turned it on after a sloppy couple of games after winning MVP, shit is over if he's making nothing but the bottom 3s from defensive halfcourt 3pt line.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GSW winning the championship is the only saving grace in these playoffs. I can't believe the choke job by the clippers.

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Clippers ahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhahahhahahaahahahahahahahhahh

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Clippers are a disgrace really. they should disassemble that mentally weak team. blowing a 3-1 lead and getting your ass handed in game 7. absolute disgrace.

Now I have to watch the most boring and annoying team in the world in the rockets play in the final, when a Clippers vs Warriors matchup would have been so fun. I hope Houston gets swept

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa b:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe in the Rockets at all. I see them getting swept maybe they get 1 game.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This is mostly on Doc. His shitty coaching all year showed over time.

DeAndre was poor as he usually is on defense.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Clippers are a disgrace really. they should disassemble that mentally weak team. blowing a 3-1 lead and getting your ass handed in game 7. absolute disgrace.

Now I have to watch the most boring and annoying team in the world in the rockets play in the final, when a Clippers vs Warriors matchup would have been so fun. I hope Houston gets swept

im bummed too.... i know houston is easier match up but i wanted LAC. Rivalries are fun

this falls on doc for a variety of reasons

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doc is a bit overrated not a shitty coach. This is the second time he has coached a team with a 3-1 playoff lead and blew it.

CP3 must hate David Stern for vetoing that Lakers deal now.

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He lost five series when up 3-2.

2003 (Magic) vs. Pistons [3-1]
2009 (Celtics) vs. Magic
2010 (Celtics) vs. Lakers (finals)
2012 (Celtics) vs. Heat
2015 (Clippers) vs Rockets [3-1]
That's not something to be proud of but I still think that he's top tier coach.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i didn't say he's a shitty coach as much as he had a shitty year

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i didn't say he's a shitty coach as much as he had a shitty year
What options do you think he has, as a GM, during the summer? He can sign DJ later and spent that some millions that clips have under the cap atm? No mid level coz they will hit the luxury cap when they sign DJ? Only that low lvl thingie plus min veteran deals?
It's complicated I still don't get it all...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
CFTT5owUIAAzLRx.jpg:large

What options do you think he has, as a GM, during the summer? He can sign DJ later and spent that some millions that clips have under the cap atm? No mid level coz they will hit the luxury cap when they sign DJ? Only that low lvl thingie plus min veteran deals?
It's complicated I still don't get it all...

I think he signed some good cheap players last summer and mis-used them and gave up on them way too quick.

Hawes, Farmar, CDR were all off of good years. These aren't great players but they are decent bench players w/ some productivity. They all played awful in LAC and i put that mostly on Doc.

I think he put too much trust in crawford who was awful all year. They ran like 2 offensive sets. There defense was a joke. All doc did was tought same bs 'playoffs are different'.

your team lacked focus all season and they built shitty ass habits. YUou saw the difference between dwight and DeAndre in game 7. Same 'box score' stats hugely different impact. DWight was a monster on D, DeAndre was out of position overhelping alll game.

Coach doc and GM doc go together you see. A GM would not have cut Farmar or CDR, made the coach work it out over time. Doc's never been a tactical genius, he's mostly a motivator who knows how to get players to buy in. No surprise he had Tibs aiding him in boston designing leagues best defense.

There's always options. They could use a mid-level BEFORE signing DeAndre IIRC.

-

I'm curious to see what Ballmer does. He's aggressive and eccentric (these are facts during his business days w/ microsoft). So far he's been hands off, trying to learn the business and observe (smart IMO) but now he'll wanna make moves.

Last edited:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dwight is just better defensive player, he was 3 times defensive player of the year. He's better post defender as well I never had any doubts about that, plus this was the healthiest Dwight I've seen in few years. The best defender on that team is CP3, I have no doubts about that. It's hard to be a good defensive team without good defenders and clippers lack that.
I watch their games and I like the way their offense looks, it is productive and exciting to watch. Craford is a guy who built his career on that wild iso s and when he's shooting 35% I agree that it's awful to watch but there isn't much plays where you can use him since he's more productive off the dribble than on catch and shoot. He should have traded him at the deadline but I guess he didn't want to screw up chemistry in that point of the season.
But I think he knows how to use his players, most of the time. I remember him playing Nate Robinson for few seconds trough a series or two and than having him explode for 20+ pts in next series. Leon Powe was playing like a champ for doc, ok injury fucked him but still, and even his worthless son, as you call him, won two games by himself and played ok...
Constant whinning about every call and calling it being an emotional team and this history of losing focus is worrisome, tough. I agree with that. I am defending doc the coach here, not doc the GM, just to be clear.
They r out, I was kind of over it after that epic game 6 collapse. Now I get to sit back and look forward to great series where I don't have to think and worry about who will win or lose. Just enjoying the clash of two great players I am fond of.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The game was over when Blake was wide open for a good 5-7 secs and I think he could of cut the lead to 5 or something if he makes the shot but passes to the JJ Reddick

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Zach and Ramona pissed off rockets fans by saying that the clippers are obviously the better team. I was on some clutch city forums... I must I agree with rockets fans, if clippers were better they would've won that series.
I must say that rockets seem to be better equipped for challenging the warriors because of all good defenders they have. I wonder how will Kerr use Draymond. I think another good series is ahead.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Zach and Ramona pissed off rockets fans by saying that the clippers are obviously the better team. I was on some clutch city forums... I must I agree with rockets fans, if clippers were better they would've won that series.
I must say that rockets seem to be better equipped for challenging the warriors because of all good defenders they have. I wonder how will Kerr use Draymond. I think another good series is ahead.

Clippers were better. Clippers fatigue ran them out imo.

This is mostly on Doc.

Dray will do dray things. I don't think GSW'll go ultra small w/ him v. Dwight BUT when Dwights resting they will.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
First-time Ever ill root for howard