English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The only players Arsenal will miss is RvP and Cesc anyway. Nasri is insanely overrated, Adebayor hot and cold. Flamini meh.

Wenger generally won't offer a player over 30 more than a year long contract, it's why a lot of their old guard left quickly rather than stayed around and brought through the younger ones. He's only made exceptions for the likes of Bergkamp, Henry etc.

As a business Arsenal are the best run club in the world though. I'm pretty sure they could outspend everybody for a summer or two and still be fine.

I disagree on Adebayor. he's one of the best CF in the PL. I think he's better than Dzeko so the reason behind Mancini wasting 30 million pounds on Dzeko while he had Adebayor eludes me. Based on statistics, he was one of 5 best players in the PL last season.

Nasri had one truly good season at Arsenal so he cashed in when City came calling. can't fault the player for that.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree on Adebayor. he's one of the best CF in the PL. I think he's better than Dzeko so the reason behind Mancini wasting 30 million pounds on Dzeko while he had Adebayor eludes me. Based on statistics, he was one of 5 best players in the PL last season.

Nasri had one truly good season at Arsenal so he cashed in when City came calling. can't fault the player for that.

Adebayor's very hit and miss and isn't fit to be on the same teamsheet as RvP, they didn't miss him was my point.

Nasri had two truly good months that went back to being just another technically sound winger.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Adebayor's very hit and miss and isn't fit to be on the same teamsheet as RvP, they didn't miss him was my point.

Nasri had two truly good months that went back to being just another technically sound winger.

i think both adebayor and dzeko are tempermental.

in city where neither are full time starters, they both are inconsistent. when they are in a team where they are 'the man uptop' more or less every game, they hit form.,

To be fair... it's VERY hard to not start regularly uptop and score.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
bayern and porto are far better.

no, he's right...

as a business arsenal are the best run club in the world.

their consistent profitability in epl, which will continue to grow it's tv rights as a brand.

Bayern is comparable though.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Fcb are on 20 years of profit while challenging for titles, arsenal recently started working well, porto have been excellent for the past decade.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Fcb are on 20 years of profit while challenging for titles, arsenal recently started working well, porto have been excellent for the past decade.

How's the TV rights deal in Germany btw? Equal division or skewed in favour of Bayern?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
How's the TV rights deal in Germany btw? Equal division or skewed in favour of Bayern?

I'm not sure tbh, but nothing like la liga as far as I know.

Bastian scored as I'm typing this :proud:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think both adebayor and dzeko are tempermental.

in city where neither are full time starters, they both are inconsistent. when they are in a team where they are 'the man uptop' more or less every game, they hit form.,

To be fair... it's VERY hard to not start regularly uptop and score.

Adebayor at least is a very streaky player, I remember when he was at Arsenal after the first leg against Milan where he hit the bar from about 3 yards, he didn't score for the next 2-3 months. He's done that sort of thing for most of his career. Some strikers just lose it for a while.

@Sage: I remember seeing club profits about 2-3 years ago and Arsenal were ahead of everybody, they might not make as much as Barca etc but they also spend a fraction of what the other big clubs spend.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Schweniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
@Sage: I remember seeing club profits about 2-3 years ago and Arsenal were ahead of everybody, they might not make as much as Barca etc but they also spend a fraction of what the other big clubs spend.

arsenal are doing a great job, I'm just saying it's unfair to say they're the best when you have clubs like bayern that have been doing it for much longer + winning things.

btw, didn't RM make record breaking revenue this season? 510+ million?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
arsenal are doing a great job, I'm just saying it's unfair to say they're the best when you have clubs like bayern that have been doing it for much longer + winning things.

btw, didn't RM make record breaking revenue this season? 510+ million?

lol 510 million? Really? That's what our entire club is worth...

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Chelsea scores 4 goals. Not one of them by torres.

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Anyone got City stream? mine just died.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
TransferNewsCen: Former England international Jermain Jenas has joined Nottingham Forrest on a one-month loan deal from Spurs.

lol wtf?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
TransferNewsCen: Former England international Jermain Jenas has joined Nottingham Forrest on a one-month loan deal from Spurs.

lol wtf?

he was injured so it could just be to get him back up to speed

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dubai? you got bahrain, the poorest country in the gulf region.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
don't get too excited, wouldn't expect anything big.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
don't get too excited, wouldn't expect anything big.

If he spends enough to get us out of the championship the PL's insane money will be enough to see Leeds as a solid team. See what happens after that. Everything is there for us to at least be EL competitive.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
arsenal have announced pre tax profit of 46mil euros on a turnover(revenue) of 306 mil for the 2011-2012 season....forza 'le professeur'.i cant hate arsenal esp this season btw...forza carzola,wilsehere...forza milan :o

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
How can you sell your stars every season and replace them with lesser players and still be very competitive in the toughest league in Europe?

Wenger :star:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule