The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who should win Panchina d'Oro 2018-19?
Max Allegri 0 0%
Gian Piero Gasperini 15 55.56%
Gennaro Gattuso 6 22.22%
Leonardo Semplici 3 11.11%
Sinisa Mihajlovic 3 11.11%
Carlo Ancelotti 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-05-2019, 14:13   #12701
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Now Atalanta will definitely destroy Juventus.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 17:09   #12702
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
It's weird. I haven't seen a Serie A team in the relegation zone make such a transformation after a coach change since 2015 when Donadoni replaced Delio Rossi at Bologna.

Looks like the Bologna of the last 4 years have had squads that should be too good for the relegation zone, but if the coach is completely out of his depth then there is nothing to mitigate it.

I think Gasperini deserves it after all.

Miha has great judgment(especially when it comes to player selection), he is tactically sensible and he has the personality to lead a group. This does wonders when you're replacing a coach that didn't have these qualities.
But he hasn't and didn't reach Gasperini's heights. That requires something extra.

This is also why I would rather risk it with an unconventional Gasperini, than a pragmatist.
Miha was pragmatical. So was Montella after he realized he couldn't recreate his Fiorentina team*. Pragmatism can only take you so far. All the top teams of the last years have been helped by mad scientists along the way. Juve(Conte), Napoli(Sarri, Benitez), Roma(Zeman) in Italy.

*Gasp's magic wasn't a one time thing like Montella's. He has managed to do it over and over again at different clubs.
Yes, I actually agree that Gasp deserves it. His consistency and courage in getting teams to play his kind of football and being repeatedly successful at it, is laudable.

Miha has great judgement indeed. He's still waiting to see if a bigger club would come for him even though he has an automatic extension clause in his Bologna contract if he keeps them in Serie A.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 17:09   #12703
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
It's weird. I haven't seen a Serie A team in the relegation zone make such a transformation after a coach change since 2015 when Donadoni replaced Delio Rossi at Bologna.

Looks like the Bologna of the last 4 years have had squads that should be too good for the relegation zone, but if the coach is completely out of his depth then there is nothing to mitigate it.

I think Gasperini deserves it after all.

Miha has great judgment(especially when it comes to player selection), he is tactically sensible and he has the personality to lead a group. This does wonders when you're replacing a coach that didn't have these qualities.
But he hasn't and didn't reach Gasperini's heights. That requires something extra.

This is also why I would rather risk it with an unconventional Gasperini, than a pragmatist.
Miha was pragmatical. So was Montella after he realized he couldn't recreate his Fiorentina team*. Pragmatism can only take you so far. All the top teams of the last years have been helped by mad scientists along the way. Juve(Conte), Napoli(Sarri, Benitez), Roma(Zeman) in Italy.

*Gasp's magic wasn't a one time thing like Montella's. He has managed to do it over and over again at different clubs.
Yes, I actually agree that Gasp deserves it. His consistency and courage in getting teams to play his kind of football and being repeatedly successful at it, is laudable.

Miha has great judgement indeed. He's still waiting to see if a bigger club would come for him even though he has an automatic extension clause in his Bologna contract if he keeps them in Serie A.

Signature
Old 16-05-2019, 18:27   #12704
Pingu
Maldoban

I voted Gattuso because he survived the wrath of rnb to stay out the rest of the season. I also did it because I know he'll guide us to top 4 under the tutelage of Lord Borini.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 18:47   #12705
necromancer
Il Diamante

Critical win for Udinese.

Genoa really up against it now. Forza Empoli!

Signature
Old 18-05-2019, 20:56   #12706
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

genoa 1-1

ffs roma please win or inter will fuck us on purpose
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 21:22   #12707
fray
Casciavit

Ranieri has done some-what a decent job at Roma.

If they don't get Gasp, who do they appoint?
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 21:25   #12708
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Their squad is awful
Old 19-05-2019, 09:57   #12709
taura
Attaccareeee

pretty decent results for us yesterday, roma dropped points (not that it matters much) but genoa drawing vs cagliari means empoli still have a shot at staying in serie a..they're playing torino today and inter next week..no matter what result they get today they're still in the race in the last round and they're playing merdas..imagine merdas losing today and next week and dropping out of CL spots
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 12:18   #12710
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

as people pointed out, roma draw is bad news in case inter draw today.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 13:17   #12711
Ronin
Suso's left foot

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
as people pointed out, roma draw is bad news in case inter draw today.
We'll win both games and have more point than them. What's the problem?

If we don't win both, we don't deserve the spot and won't get it.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 13:58   #12712
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

If us, merdas and atalanta end up on same points, we drop to 5th while the other two get cl..
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 14:14   #12713
Ronin
Suso's left foot

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
If us, merdas and atalanta end up on same points, we drop to 5th while the other two get cl..
I doubt that will happen

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 14:16   #12714
Mr. Tea
Ac Milan Icon

Quote:
I doubt that will happen
Me too, atalanta may just drop points in their last 2 games.

And honestly inter may even lose and draw their last 2
Mr. Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 14:31   #12715
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

empoli 1-0 torino
Old 19-05-2019, 15:28   #12716
necromancer
Il Diamante

3-1 yes!

Havenít celebrated so much for a non Milan team this season!

Signature
Old 19-05-2019, 15:29   #12717
necromancer
Il Diamante

Quote:

Perfectly said. If we donít win the last two matches, I really donít want us to finish top 4.

Signature
Old 19-05-2019, 15:31   #12718
necromancer
Il Diamante

Empoli staying up is good not just for them but for the whole concept of lower table teams playing technical football in Serie a. I hope they annihilate Inter next week.

Signature
Old 19-05-2019, 16:16   #12719
Pingu
Maldoban

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Empoli staying up is good not just for them but for the whole concept of lower table teams playing technical football in Serie a. I hope they annihilate Inter next week.
It's crazy how the relegation battle could play out with Empoli winning today. And, 4-1 against Torino no less? Fuck me. Parma also won.

Fiore could actually get relegated right? I mean, if they lose to Genoa and if Empoli beat Inter.

That brings Empoli to 41pts, Genoa and Fiore to 40. Genoa will then have H2H.

Imagine. Montella. Gets. Fiorentina. Relegated.

HAHAHHA!!

Edit: Also, good for us if Inter lose to Empoli and they stay safe (somehow.. if they can win!!) since Inter are away to Napoli today. If that happens - incl. losing to Napoli - and we win both games, we'll be top 4 regardless of Atalanta.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 16:21   #12720
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Hakan «alhanoğlu #10

Only thing that'll bring me joy if we fail to achieve 4th place would be seeing Montella smile after they relegate to B.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
Hugh Janus is online now   Reply With Quote