The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 18-01-2012, 10:50   #81
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Default Wednesday January 18 2012 Sacchi: Pato should have left

Former Milan and Italy boss Arrigo Sacchi thinks Alexandre Pato made a mistake in snubbing a San Siro exit.

Quote:
The Italian club had agreed to sell him to Paris Saint-Germain this month, but the Brazilian opted to remain at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

“Pato is a great player, but he would have made a better decision had he left Milan,” Sacchi told the Corriere della Sera.

The Rossoneri were ready to sacrifice Pato in order to net the necessary funds to then sign Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.

“It did seem strange to me that [Milan President Silvio] Berlusconi liked Tevez as a player,” Sacchi continued.

“For someone who loves Ronaldinho like he does, it would be hard for him to pick Tevez over Pato

Sacchi was also asked for his thoughts on Juventus boss Antonio Conte and Claudio Ranieri, the Inter tactician whose defensive tactics he has been critical of.

“Conte is really good,” Sacchi, who bossed him at World Cup 1994, added. “For his Juventus to play well they will have to express themselves at a level that many of the squad are not used to.

“Ranieri? He’s an expert tactician and he’s done something important by creating a squad with strong motivation.

“Now let us see if he is able to get them to play a different type of football
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 11:54   #82
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

please every tevez lover tell sachhi tHAT he is a n00B, FM lover, or some other shit ending with a customary

Signature
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 11:59   #83
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinar View Post
^Same

This is very inspirational...

I wish Sacchi can sit down with Allegri and persuade him to move away from destructive football and back to sexy football that attracted me to this Milan team.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 13:33   #84
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
This is very inspirational...

I wish Sacchi can sit down with Allegri and persuade him to move away from destructive football and back to sexy football that attracted me to this Milan team.
Indeed... I wish I was old enough to remember the glory days of Sacchi....
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2012, 14:31   #85
BrasilianMilan
Eternal Rossonero

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek

Sacchi was the first managerial god for Milan

Too bad I never saw Sacchi's work in action

Signature
BrasilianMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 08:23   #86
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasilianMilan View Post
Sacchi was the first managerial god for Milan

Too bad I never saw Sacchi's work in action
Now that is an exageration... Milan existed an won a lot way before Sacchi, Milan's most iconic coach was Nereo Rocco who coached the team that had the Swedish trio GreNoLi
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 14:33   #87
BrasilianMilan
Eternal Rossonero

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
Now that is an exageration... Milan existed an won a lot way before Sacchi, Milan's most iconic coach was Nereo Rocco who coached the team that had the Swedish trio GreNoLi
I know, I just love the 80s a lot, and that's why I said that, but there were a ton of great managers before Sacchi

Signature
BrasilianMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 03:18   #88
Australiano1980
#CommunismKills

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 08:28   #89
squaresolid
8-bit noise~

Fav. Players: ▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│

Sacchi: How old are Milan’s players?
By Football Italia staff

Arrigo Sacchi has lightly attacked Milan, revealed which Coach he recommended to both the Rossoneri and Real Madrid and where Italy are falling short on youth development.

Current technical coordinator with the Italian FA, Sacchi had the opportunity to speak to the media at FIGC’s national training centre at Coverciano, and began with a wry dig at his old team Milan.

The Rossoneri defeated their Sardinian visitors 3-0 in a low-tempo affair on Sunday night to move back to within a point of League leaders Juventus. Despite the ease with which the result was achieved, the San Siro side’s pace of play did not go unnoticed by the club’s former Coach.

“I saw Milan last night and I had doubts that some of the players were not my age,” commented the 65-year-old, who revolutionised how Il Diavolo played its football in the late 1980s.

“With all my affection for the Rossoneri, when I see them I am reminded of a phrase [former Real Madrid player and sporting director Jorge] Valdano says: ‘I always hope to see lots of Italian football matches, because they do so few interesting things, that they then see a replay, and for the rest of the game can do no more.’”

However, Sacchi also made it clear he was not criticising Coach Massimiliano Allegri, even if he then suggested that he won’t win the League this year.

“Allegri is a great Coach, he has a squad that is perhaps the most complex, but with many individuals, where Juventus are less complex but have fewer individuals.

“The Bianconeri are going to win the Scudetto because they have an advantage, to not participate in Europe, and there is a big push by all that are there. Juve are playing a continuous, international style of game, with good players but few who are excellent.”

The former national team Coach, who took Italy to the 1994 World Cup final in between two spells with Milan, is now responsible for overseeing the national team’s youth development from Under-16 to Under-21 level.

The 4-4-2 tactician took the opportunity in front of the assembled media to reflect on where he still thinks Italy can improve in supporting its youth.

“FIGC is giving us a big hand on the youth development, but perhaps we could do more, particularly from an economic point of view. No doubt we are behind in terms of investment.

“Suffice to say, Real Madrid invests €40-45m in its youth sector, Barcelona €50-55m, whilst Milan and Inter, who invest the most in Italy, only spend about €14-15m. This fact prevents us from evolving as we should do.”

Sacchi also passed comment on Pescara Coach Zdenek Zeman, who he revealed he holds in high regard.

“Zeman is still a good Coach, one of the best, not only at national level either. He was one of the three Coaches I recommended to Milan after the first time I left Milan and again I said the same thing about Zeman when I left Real Madrid.

“There is a harmony to his game, it seems almost like a utopia, and this is down to the strength of his ideas.

“If he had an orchestra, the tune would be Pescara.”

http://football-italia.net/node/15213 [-]

Signature
squaresolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 09:00   #90
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Default Sacks:"I advised the Milan Zeman"Massive exposure of the former Milan coach 1/31/2012

And 'sensational revelation that made Arrigo Sacchi: the former coach of the Dutch giants AC Milan admitted, during a lesson in Coverciano, have recommended Zdenek Zeman is the Rossoneri to Real Madrid.
Source: it.eurosport.yahoo.com

Quote:
The technical Fusignano affirmed: "Zeman is still a coach among the most talented, not only at national level.

Of the three coaches who proposed to Milan, after the first time I came away from AC Milan, I made the proper name of Bohemia, and I also told the same thing when I went away from Real Madrid.

There is harmony in his game, it seems almost a utopia, and this depends on the strength of his ideas. If it were an orchestra, Pescara was sung. "
Old 31-01-2012, 13:27   #91
Whimsical Wally
Banned

Fav. Players: Thiago Silva, Kevin Prince Boateng, Antonio Cassano & Antonio Nocerino.

Ibrahimovic should put his foot in Sacchi's mouth; I'm sure it's the only way to help shut his gob.
Whimsical Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 13:45   #92
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Sacchi may speak.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 14:20   #93
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresolid View Post
Sacchi: “I saw Milan last night and I had doubts that some of the players were not my age.”
He knew we would be signing Muntari.
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 18:41   #94
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Default Friday February 10 2012 Sacchi applauds Ladri and Pescara

Arrigo Sacchi has crowned Ladri and Pescara as the two teams who are playing the best brand of football in the peninsula.

Quote:
Antonio Conte’s Ladri and Zdenek Zeman’s Pescara are respectively top of Serie A and Serie B, a position Sacchi believes they have earned thanks to their footballing philosophy.

At this moment in time, Ladri and Pescara are playing the best football in Italy,” noted the former Milan and Italy boss.

Meanwhile, the 1994 World Cup tactician also gave his opinion on Fabio Capello’s decision to quit England.

I’m disappointed for him,” the 65-year-old commented. “He’s a great personality and a great Coach too.

Knowing him like I do I know that he will be saddened, but sometimes it is also a relief to leave.”
Old 10-02-2012, 19:04   #95
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Fav. Players: AC Milan

I wish Sacchi would be our youth coach, his philosophy and vision is just plain awesome.
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:39   #96
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx7 View Post
I wish Sacchi would be our youth coach, his philosophy and vision is just plain awesome.
no point if that philosophy isnt going to carried through to the first team.

Signature
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:46   #97
Casualista
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx7 View Post
he is already working with youth system of italy. Which is bearing fruit with 4-0 loses to germany and not qualifying for U-21 Euros.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 20:26   #98
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Fav. Players: AC Milan

I Guess I have no argument, then..
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:14   #99
Juventinho
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcdWkTMCkA
Juventinho is offline   Reply With Quote