Are you for or against Sheva's return?

• Total voters

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
crazy4milan said:
It's not a crisis, it's lack of renovation, which doesn't mean crisis, but should be taken care of.
How many years does it take for a lack of renovation to become a crisis ? Cos Milan did it in record time.

crazy4milan said:
...having more or less the same team of last season isn't too bad since a process is needed, and renovation has to be done in a slow way(not too much changes in once)..
If that's the case, Milan should've started a couple of years back. Now we'll be forced to over-'renovate' (starting this year, I see) & buy players not out of choice but bc. Il Capitano's joints have literally creaked their last. ;)

crazy4milan said:
no matter if we go trophyless people still see us as one of the best teams around the world, even when we are in the worst conditions, Milan is still feared...well maybe not feared but respected(no team this time around should be feared).
Yeah, respected like an old geezer fondly recalling past triumphs is 'respected'. But even that's hard to do when you know the team holding a 3-0 lead is due for a good collapse (sorry, 'mental lapse') bf. the game is out.

If Milan are to be feared, they must put this ghost to rest by winning the CL next year. But to do that they need a fitter squad.....which leads back to the first question. ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
And yes we are still the "much feared Milan" cause Milan will always be Milan, no matter if we go trophyless people still see us as one of the best teams around the world, even when we are in the worst conditions, Milan is still feared...well maybe not feared but respected(no team this time around should be feared).
Much-feared Milan ? I bet PSV had a good laugh, regardless of going out ;)

If we fail to win trophies we will not be considered one of the best teams for much longer, living off past merits only works a while. But that's all 'fan perspective' anyway, the real issue is that Milan must win trophies in order to generate the revenue from TV, sponsors + UEFA that enables them to afford the fattest payroll in Serie A... A bunch of sentimental dudes ordering a Sheva shirt in rememberance of the good old times won't cut it.

---

As for our badly-timed or delayed renovation attempts, Milan*7 has said it all.

skeeta

Banned
Reaction score
We need to strengthen. It is imperative

...........But I'm sure that if there is an opportunity to sign a young player with undeniable talent, and that suits our style of play then we will attempt to sign him. And another important thing, unlike other so called great clubs we would prefer not to 'dump' veterans like a bad habit, in appreciation for their performances it would be better if they left on good terms, and on a high note.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I will still contend that Milan are one of the most respected teams in the world. Hell if English teams and their national team are still respected then Milan has to be. Milan's been to more champions League finals in the past 3 years then all English teams combined have been in the last 20 years.

I agree Milan need to do a little tinkering, but revamping the entire squad is a bit much.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Seamus said:
I will still contend that Milan are one of the most respected teams in the world. Hell if English teams and their national team are still respected then Milan has to be. Milan's been to more champions League finals in the past 3 years then all English teams combined have been in the last 20 years.

I agree Milan need to do a little tinkering, but revamping the entire squad is a bit much.

Agree 100% with the whole post. Renovation is needed but it's a process, it's not something in which you throw away all the over 28 players in one year, planification is needed.
The problem with Milan is that that planification and that process should have started last year(ex: instead of Stam, Bonera could have been a good choice back then, let go some 'not needed' like Simic).
The thing is that, with a possible Gilardino in, a good young player in the back, I believe we can still do a good season(that means winning either scudetto or CL).
I'm still counting on losing some players that aren't too much of a goodie goodie and bringing young fresh legs to the team for this season.

Just because I think it wasn't clear enough, as I said before maybe we're not the "much feared" because I don't believe that teams today should fear of other teams, but we are still among the most respected clubs around the world regardless of what happened.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
skeeta said:
....we would prefer not to 'dump' veterans like a bad habit, in appreciation for their performances it would be better if they left on good terms, and on a high note.
We're still waiting.

Passion for *9* said:
the real issue is that Milan must win trophies in order to generate the revenue from TV, sponsors + UEFA that enables them to afford the fattest payroll in Serie A...
So by winning trophies Milan makes money to buy players to win more trophies.....with no mushy fan input required. Meaning we have no business supporting them unless we want a job there. ;)

Seamus said:
Cafu, Maldini, Stam, Serginho, Dhorasso, Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Pancaro, Costacurta.....the 2nd string will need a revamping at the very least.

skeeta

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is about arrogance...I don't care about the 6 minute collapse, I don't blame them for being complacent againt a crappy spanglish team either. Every Rossonero probably does feel the club is way above all ohers, right now we are the strongest and there shoud be no shame in saying so.

skeeta

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Much-feared Milan ? I bet PSV had a good laugh, regardless of going out ;)

If we fail to win trophies we will not be considered one of the best teams for much longer, living off past merits only works a while. But that's all 'fan perspective' anyway, the real issue is that Milan must win trophies in order to generate the revenue from TV, sponsors + UEFA that enables them to afford the fattest payroll in Serie A... A bunch of sentimental dudes ordering a Sheva shirt in rememberance of the good old times won't cut it.

---

As for our badly-timed or delayed renovation attempts, Milan*7 has said it all.

there's just something unique about this particular collection of players. Milan is the fashion capital and we are the most stylish club. Juve are simply result-oriented. They seem to care more about the end than the means. Milan is unique because we have a team that is both balanced and flamboyant. We are not just cynical and super-efficient like some other clubs...

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
skeeta said:
I don't see what the big deal is about arrogance...I don't care about the 6 minute collapse, I don't blame them for being complacent againt a crappy spanglish team either. Every Rossonero probably does feel the club is way above all ohers, right now we are the strongest and there shoud be no shame in saying so.

Before the cl cup finals people were already harping on about our "mature"
players.
But they were also saying experience will make up for our lack in pace.

What did our players had to show?
Our players panicked when liverpool got in their first goal and "blacked out" after.
Our players were a pack of nerves in the penalty shootout, while facing a crabbier than crab, squiddier than squid of a goalkeeper.

Those were our own experienced players.
We were the crappy team.
With such a display, how much more respect or fear do you think people will have?

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
skeeta said:
there's just something unique about this particular collection of players. Milan is the fashion capital and we are the most stylish club. Juve are simply result-oriented. They seem to care more about the end than the means. Milan is unique because we have a team that is both balanced and flamboyant. We are not just cynical and super-efficient like some other clubs...

We're the most stylish club? Have you seen Rino and Pirlo lately? ;)
Screw style, what I want are results and victories...
We were flamboyant when the 3 Dutchmen played in the late eighties...
Balanced??? what do you mean? The over 35 backline balances out the under thirty midfield? :)
...Now we're nothing but an aging team who can't hold on to a 3 goal lead.

Last edited:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
skeeta said:

we could be arrogant had we won the frigging final. Right now the entire soccer world considers AC Milan to be the biggest chokers for letting Liverpool who were dead at half time get back into a game and beat us.

It's nice that you have so much blind faith and loyalty for the team, but the reality is that we haven't won shit this year and unless we improve and keep up with Juve, we might not win much next year either..

skeeta

Banned
Reaction score
It is a blessing for us to have such a team of extraoradinary quality, and I don't hate myself for being confident in my team and then seeing them go winless. They have, over the last few years, earned the right for me to invest so much passion into the club as a die-hard fan. Even in defeat, it is foolish to abandon hope for the future, and a revolution in mental approach is not necessary. This is not the time for us to doubt ourselves.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milan*7 said:
So by winning trophies Milan makes money to buy players to win more trophies.....
I'm afraid that's how the business goes, yea.

milan*7 said:
with no mushy fan input required.
Fan 'input' ? Oh, of course that's sth very de$irable, who else would by tickets + merchandise + PayTV subscriptions ?

milan*7 said:
Meaning we have no business supporting them unless we want a job there. ;)
Not sure how you've come to this conclusion. We're in for the fun + that's exactly what I content myself with.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
skeeta said:
there's just something unique about this particular collection of players. Milan is the fashion capital and we are the most stylish club.
Well, D&G have indeed designed some nice outfits for our guys, correct. Our players also attend the biannual fashion shows for more inspiration. True dat too.

skeeta said:
Juve are simply result-oriented. They seem to care more about the end than the means.
I bet we'd have cared less about the means + more about the end ... had we won the scudetto ;)

skeeta said:
Milan is unique because we have a team that is both balanced and flamboyant.
I don't see much flamboyance + stylishness in our current Milan, sorry. Except for their pimpin suits.

skeeta said:
We are not just cynical and super-efficient like some other clubs...
Well, Ancelotti strongly disagrees, at least when referring to our 'lucky wins' in 2004/05. AFAIR cynical + efficient were his fave phrases at press conferences.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
skeeta said:
They have, over the last few years, earned the right for me to invest so much passion into the club as a die-hard fan.
Really ? You made them *earn* your passion ? Wow. I gave mine unconditionally + without expecting sth in return. Those stupid heart-over-head decisions..... :D

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
I am a Sheva's fan, but honestly. Sheva is not the best striker in the world. Adriano maybe better from now on.
However Milan shouldn't sell Sheva because three main reasons

1. We couldn't find the replacement, even with 100 mil or more Barca and Inter will not sell Ronaldinho or Adriano. Gila is only a good option, but he is not equal to Sheva and we still have a chance to get Gila without selling Sheva.

2. Selling one of best players is not Milan tradition, there will be questions in Nesta, Kaka, and other players mind ... when will they be sold? Most of our fan would be irritated. Once our unique tradition is lost ... we lose something invaluable.

3. No one can guarantee that a striker will keep his form next season. No one knows what will happen. Gila maybe can not score a single goal next season. Adriano would be our because of a serious injury or an anonymous striker will score 30 goals in Serie A. However, Sheva is one of very few player can give his team a bigger chance to get trophies, not only because he scores consistently but also because his goal in very very important matches.

So, why do we have to sell Sheva for money????

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Fan 'input' ? Oh, of course that's sth very de$irable, who else would by tickets + merchandise + PayTV subscriptions ?
Fan input is only one part of club financing, hence Chelski, Real, Man U, etc. The big money comes from Uefa qualifications & sponsors (& in Milan's case Berlu's pockets), who unlike the fans prefer a proven winner.

Passion for *9* said:
]I don't see much flamboyance + stylishness in our current Milan, sorry. Except for their pimpin suits.
You mean the all-black affair they wore at the airport in Turkey ? Still a lot better than those shiny red tracksuits L'pool were modelling. :D

Last edited:

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
cccp said:
No one can guarantee that a striker will keep his form next season. No one knows what will happen.

I agree. Sheva included though.
We don't know that sheva will be able to score as many goals as seasons past.

As for being stylish...the players can dress like donkeys for all i care, if they work as hard as they were paid to do.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milan*7 said:
Fan input is only one part of club financing, hence Chelski, Real, Man U, etc. The big money comes from Uefa qualifications & sponsors (& in Milan's case Berlu's pockets), who unlike the fans prefer a proven winner.
I've had financing covered already, if you care to read back.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
milan*7 said:
Fan input is only one part of club financing, hence Chelski, Real, Man U, etc. The big money comes from Uefa qualifications & sponsors .............. :D

Well, I guess we are deep in the subject called FINANCE. And the portion of your statement regarding BIG MONEY COMES FROM UEFA QUALIFICATION & SPONSORSHIP is right.

Last year MILAN earned $309 M.

58% of that revenue came from TV rights sold by SERIE A and UEFA for CL. It was on the web site ACMILAN.COM. I don't thiink they officially can lie about the revenue structure on their own official web site even though BERLUSCONI owning half of ITALY.

As far as I remembered SPONSORSHIP was 22% of the revenue and 13% was ticket sales.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
BTW. one thing just caught my attention. Have you guys seen that this thread was about SHEVA put the discussion has completely shifted to the entire health of MILAN rather than staying focused on SHEVA.

Unknowingly, when we start talking about SHEVA, either we like or dislike him, he is so much woven inside MILAN fabric, that we start talking about entire MILAN rather than just SHEVA.

At this point of time losing him is like losing an identity of MILAN. Does it mean that situation can change in a hurry. Of course, may be next year, but at present SHEVA is MILAN and both from strategic and financial reasons he needs stay put for this season.

And also, we are talking about long term plans for MILAN. Remember when you buy machine for yor business with a capital investment, the machine generally runs for 5 to 10 years with a proven consistent performance. Yeah, F*** up can happen but it is highly restricted to less than 2% of cases.

But when you buy a player as a capital investment, it is much risker proposition for many reasons:

ADAPTABILITY in the team
HUMAN factor affecting both blending with team mates and his own performance level

Given that we shouldn't make the planning horizon of a soccer club more than 2 years. And if we do, we should come up with contingency plan means structuring a very very complex contract with all kinda bail out oprions.

In short, hiring the service of top class world player is a good strategic decision to win soccer tournaments rather than buying an young talent with complex structures. I think we should have a balance of 60 - 40, so we have a proven 11 a side team with all great proven players and then we have rest of them as promising young side playing for COPA ITALIA.

Of course, as of today, MILAN lacks in the second department.

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You can win a game through tight defence like greece
With our grandpa defenders ... that's most unlikely

Therefore it's logical to link the "health" of milan to sheva, our goalscoring machine at the moment
Coz if you can't defend to win, you have to attack to win

Too bad he's not getting any younger + it's "unhealthy" to pin all our hopes on one player
New + young players are needed

I do agree new players need time to adapt
For that reason alone, we can't wait till sheva sucks to get new players in a flurry

It'll be too late by then
I just hope we're not too late, even now.

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
After this season I think and I hope he will never leave we will let him sign a contract for life and after his retirement he will be ambassador or somethin like that:)

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
Sheva to Chelsea £60m

Hopefully this is all paper talk, but the papers in Britain are saying that Milan have finally agreed that they will sell Sheva to Chelsea for £60m. It's not official or anything but what they said was that Milan have said that they would sell Sheva if a price of £60m is met and supposedly Chelsea are more than happy to pay.

One thing I know is that when there is no news the papers will make up stories, but just thought I'd inform you guys that this story is in circulation.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I just read this on BBC.

"AC Milan have told Chelsea they can have striker Andriy Shevchenko - but only for £60m."

So if according to rumors we have paid whatever the amount Parma wanted for Gilardino and bought him, will we actually sell Sheva? and if we do sell sheva, who will they buy? barça has offered £30K per week for Ronaldinho so he's probably out of the question...

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
No offence meant to u, but this is plain RUBBISH. Milan don't sell their symbols, we're not Juve, or any other club ofr that matter. Sheva's the best there is and he belongs in Milan. We don't sell our heroes for some stupid amount of money. Sheva can bring more than that amount as revenue by staying at Milan. And Galliani knows it. But really, this whole gossip is a great joke!!!

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
Haven't Chelsea already offered 80 million euros for Sheva some time back? Why would Milan sell him for 60 then? Anyway this is just another bs rumor...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where did you read it, Riccardo ? I only check BBC Sports, nothing mentioned there.

I really think big spending times at Chelsea are over, we've missed our chance to make a lot of money, no one will ever offer 60 let alone 80 million for Sheva again. After all, dude is pushing 30 + from there, like it or not, it's all downhill, hopefully slowly ............

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
Passion for *9* said:
Where did you read it, Riccardo ? I only check BBC Sports, nothing mentioned there.

I really think big spending times at Chelsea are over, we've missed our chance to make a lot of money, no one will ever offer 60 let alone 80 million for Sheva again. After all, dude is pushing 30 + from there, like it or not, it's all downhill, hopefully slowly ............
I think Sheva has at least two more great seasons in him...maybe even three...it depends if he's a Maldini type of player or a player that starts to suck right when he hits 30 years...After Sheva leaves Gila will take over as the king of Milan. :)