Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Congrats on captaincy Ale

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Bonaventura is a respectable guy among the group. I don’t like the guy but I won’t take this away from him plus this.

Bonaventura - AtalantaItalian midfielder Giacomo Bonaventura was overcome with emotion when he completed his move to AC Milan.

The 25 year old made the switch to the San Siro on deadline day after seven years at Atalanta.

“When Giacomo signed, he cried,” Bonaventura’s agent Giocondo Martorelli told the Italian media.

“For Giacomo it is a dream to play for Milan.”

Bonaventura made his debut for Italy against San Marino last year but has failed to add to his one cap.

Martorelli claims that part of Bonaventura’s thinking in moving to Milan was to increase his chances of playing for the national side.

“Now Giacomo is at a side like Milan, his goal is to convince Antonio Conte that he is worthy of a place in the Italian side.”

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think Bonaventura gonna ride the bench a lot this season if he plays like last year. Can't have a captain riding the bench.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
tbh romangoli hasn't shown any leadership qualities but neither has anyone in the team, so it's not a controversial pick to have him as captain, what's controversial is 2 inter spies handing over the captaincy to a POS cuck who never played for milan.

I think romangoli will grow into the role with time.

i feel armband is just unnecessary pressure on him. there is already huge expectations on him without it. hope he is mentally ready for this.

I agree, it's sink or swim now

Last edited:

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Romagnoli can deal with pressure. He's shown that a hundred times already. He plays even better when he's put under the pressure.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
tbh romangoli hasn't shown any leadership qualities but neither has anyone in the team, so it's not a controversial pick to have him as captain, what's controversial is 2 inter spies handing over the captaincy to a POS cuck who never played for milan.

i think on the pitch he has necessary leadership qualities. but on dressing room i'm not so sure. i think he is too young and inexperienced to handle dressing room. luckily we don't seem to have as many troublemakers as in the past.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I think Bonaventura gonna ride the bench a lot this season if he plays like last year. Can't have a captain riding the bench.

I don’t think he’ll ride the bench quite often. Gattuso will opt to bona bakayoko kessie against smaller sides. Plus he’ll be playing as LAM if Gattuso decides to switch to 4231.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

I seem to recall you being completely ok with Bonucci being the captain

In fact, werent you necro and neruda spearheading the Bonucci bandwagon?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Slightly hasty decision, but Gattuso clearly sees him mature enough for the role. I really hope he stays capitano for years and years.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Wasn’t just Gattuso’s choice, it was put to a vote of all the players & the managment, Ale won the vote over Bonaventura.

He shows plenty of leadership on the pitch, there’s no reason to think he’s not a leader off the pitch as well.

❤️

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Slightly hasty decision, but Gattuso clearly sees him mature enough for the role. I really hope he stays capitano for years and years.

We just don't have anyone better. Fingers crossed he'll come thru for a decade or two.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We just don't have anyone better. Fingers crossed he'll come thru for a decade or two.

We could have delayed it a year or so by passing it on to a veteran who'd leave in that period (say, Abate). I guess Elliott wants to make a statement regarding the start of a new project or Gattuso is very sure of Romagnoli's readiness. Either way, fingers crossed indeed.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
We could have delayed it a year or so by passing it on to a veteran who'd leave in that period (say, Abate). I guess Elliott wants to make a statement regarding the start of a new project or Gattuso is very sure of Romagnoli's readiness. Either way, fingers crossed indeed.

Idk, it's not such big of a deal. Even in Milan where there's mt Rushmore of captains the thing should be/is more of a formality.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hm perhaps in a post-Montolivo era, it's more of a formality. But I find it difficult to reconcile the fact that Milan captaincy might well become a 2-3 season thing in modern times.

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
And it's official now.

He is the best choice, came here as a boy and now he is more mature and ready for a chalenge like this for sure.

He showed his love for this colors when he signed a new contract when we were in deep shit with UEFA.

He is loved by everyone and for sure there is something that he adds in the dressing room that we don't see.

Hope he will be our captain for a long time and will lift a lot of trophies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
0577af7b5dabd7f71480a720ac3782ae.jpg

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I don't know about you guys, but Alessio lifting up a UCL in our colors is a personal dream of mine.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I think he will imo. i dont think he is anywhere near as good as nesta or maldini and i feel no one will ever be close to their level. If he is about 50% of their level when he hits his prime i will be more than satisfied as it would be sufficient to call him one of the best defenders in the modern game.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Was the only player who payed well throughout the whole game.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our best player the whole night. A couple of errors here and there but nothing that tarnish his night.

Schedule