The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All of Serie A has improved since then. Not just us. I would also argue that since 2013 we've made some of the worst signings in the league compared to our competition.

Roma finished 2nd with Yanga MBiwa, Ashley Cole(34), Maicon (33) in defense, and Iturbe/Gervinho/Doumbia up top. Compare that to the team theyve had last couple years.

Inter had Ranocchia and Vidic (who was ass in Serie A), with Gary medel, Hernanes and a young Kovacic playing most matches.

Fiorentina made top 4 with Mati Fernandez, Pizarro and Aquilani playing 40 games each.

Some of the players you mentioned did pretty well with the teams mentioned :conf:? I'm not getting what's your point tbh. Besides, how many of them were coached by managers with 0 managerial experience before taking over said teams?

What I wanted to say is: During 2013-2018 our situation was a colossal clusterfuck. We had a management in shambles (remember that painful and forced Galliani-Barbara coexistence? And oh well, Berlusconi being Berlusconi), a poor squad build of rejects and loans with option on high wages and coaches as much unexperienced as unprepared. Then a year of limbo during the Chinese takeover saga. Then the daddy Li clusterfuck. We really had everything wrong that could be wrong and we're still trying to fix the damage that has been done during those past years.

I agree tho that all of Serie A has improved compared to 2012/2013 and raised it's bar. But I wouldn't say that for us it was easyer 5 years ago to achieve Top 4 considered that whole fat mess on all fronts (management/squad/coach) we were in. Compare that to today: Basically it's only UEFA being a pimple on our asses while the management at least seems to have a project and clear ideas how to achieve them. We have a young squad with lots of unfulfilled potential (Donna, Conti, Calabria, Caldara, Roma, Kessie, Baka, Hakan, Paquetà, Cutrone, Piatek) and in my eyes it just needs the right coach to unlock that potential.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donnaruma, Romagnoli, Suso are our top 3 players in regards to Value, followed by Piatek, Kessie, Paqueta. Out of our starting 11, we have a total of 1 1/2 players that can be used on a counter attack.

Sure we have some good players in certain positions, certainly better than Atalanta.

However as a team, what can this squad actually be good at? Besides defending. I mean just look at it.

tenor.gif

realistically speaking, what kind of style of play can this squad perfect?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Im actually happy gazidis put an end to Everton's move, I want him to do the same with Gucci headband but I think he agrees with the price on that so he may green light it.

But gazidis exercising control over Leo?

tenor.gif

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
If we would have less than 50m net for transfers then I would probably sell Donnarumma, but only for 100m+ and on a one payment deal.

If we'll have more than that then no.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Players to keep and build on:

Nagini, T19, Lupaq, Roma, Caldara, Calabria

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im actually happy gazidis put an end to Everton's move, I want him to do the same with Gucci headband but I think he agrees with the price on that so he may green light it.

tenor.gif

The guy who reported that works for Gazzetta so it was most likely BS.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Donnaruma, Romagnoli, Suso are our top 3 players in regards to Value, followed by Piatek, Kessie, Paqueta. Out of our starting 11, we have a total of 1 1/2 players that can be used on a counter attack.

Sure we have some good players in certain positions, certainly better than Atalanta.

However as a team, what can this squad actually be good at? Besides defending. I mean just look at it.

tenor.gif

Piatek’s worth double Suso’s value and Baka’s worth 50m if we redeem him.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis is in charge of the commercial side really not sporting

I expect him to have input on the coach and overall transfer strategy (targeting young guys) but not much more

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The guy who reported that works for Gazzetta so it was most likely BS.

elliott and team picked L&M... david picks gazidis? Hope part of Luke 12:53 comes true.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Guy thinks he's 1 of the 3 amigos. He's always chilling with L&M. I dont like it.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

I expect him to have input on the coach and overall transfer strategy (targeting young guys) but not much more

Gazidis will have the final say though, being in charge of the purse strings. I can't imagine he's too happy with the Paqueta deal atm.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gazidis is the CEO, Leo is the director of sport. Leo reports to Gazidis.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio
As for #Sensi everything right as anticipated by my colleagues: contacts #Leonardo - #Riso, then they will meet at the end of the season with #Carnevali (#Sassuolo) to try to make it all square, counting that there is an obligation for #Locatelli.

Sensi and Tonali are more technical players. Kind of opposite of this current midfield. Maybe that gives a clue as to who they are targeting for coach.

Last edited:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

tenor.gif

You think Suso is valued higher than Piatek or Paqueta? :o

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio
As for #Sensi everything right as anticipated by my colleagues: contacts #Leonardo - #Riso, then they will meet at the end of the season with #Carnevali (#Sassuolo) to try to make it all square, counting that there is an obligation for #Locatelli.

Sensi and Tonali are more technical players. Kind of opposite of this current midfield. Maybe that gives a clue as to who they are targeting for coach.

Giampaolo :proud: :D

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio

The team is still clearly lacking two essential variables, technical quality and pace. It doesn't matter who the next coach happens to be - the variables need addressed.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio

probably not, as a team we a trash technically we need them

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PSG prepare €50m for Donnarumma

See the normal prices when ppl like rolo are suspended from doing business.

Mediaset is reporting Chelsea have decided to replace Maurizio Sarri with Frank Lampard this summer.

B&G giving chelsea ideas

Milan in race for Sevilla full-back Guilherme Arana

Any1 knows who he is and if he's any good?

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

tenor.gif

Why are you happy for this?
Everton seems like the kind of player we need.
If we don't get Everton, we'll get the cheaper and usually shittier option

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Of course Gazidis is excercising control over Leo. He's his boss. Seems like a perfectly harmonious relationship so far contrary to what those cunts in the media wants us to believe.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
of course gazidis is excercising control over leo. He's his boss. Seems like a perfectly harmonious relationship so far contrary to what those cunts in the media wants us to believe.

+1

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
60.000 fans are expected at San Siro on Sunday for #MilanFrosinone. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
60.000 fans are expected at San Siro on Sunday for #MilanFrosinone. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

60k fans against already relegated side. And people want to settle for less than 60k seater stadium. :) Never change, friends.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
@PBPcalcio

Who is the coach u have in mind?

Did chelsea really sack sarri?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule