Week 10 : Chievo vs Milan - 25/10/2017 - 20:45 CET

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If we keep this up, fine.

I still don't know how we can't string many passes together in a row.

I'm not expecting Guardiola, but it still seems a bit stilted. With all these players that should be able to pass 5ft and move, why can't they do that?

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Your Montella fanboizm is worse than mleite for Romagnoli.

What game are you watching?

We've been a little better than other games, but still shit mostly. Only attacking through Suso, zero other solutions.

I have never seen a team so dependent on attacking only through flanks, no forward runs through the center... :fp: Only Biglia did it once and it looked dangerous.

Yeah man..I'm far from convinced.. we're basically playing suso-ball..

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Your Montella fanboizm is worse than mleite for Romagnoli.

What game are you watching?

We've been a little better than other games, but still shit mostly. Only attacking through Suso, zero other solutions.

I have never seen a team so dependent on attacking only through flanks, no forward runs through the center... :fp: Only Biglia did it once and it looked dangerous.

:thumbsup:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What a breath of fresh air.

I so want these guys to succeed. With Montella at the helm. Football is all about feelings and when he subbed in Calabria last match I literally screamed "SACK", but it doesn't take much more than a good lead and a positive performance to turn things around.

I hope Kalinic scores in the second. He needs to start asserting himself.

Suso is our most important player, which he showed in the derby, today and countless times last season. He must be given the space needed at right wing always.

How sad isn't it that Conti got that injury? I feel like that is one of the many reasons for our lack of dynamism. He is a weapon. Can't wait to get him back.

FORZA!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

:thumbsup:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we've been doing the hybrid 343 433. Whenever we're pressed deep, we're a flat four with Calabria-Musa-Romagnoli-RR. When we move up, Calabria pushes far up and stays outside Suso, while Hakan and Borini are on the left.

Obviously we haven't been playing as a team though, everyone is playing alone and there haven't been any orchestrated moves. A pass is made with the thought "here, you deal with this" instead of an action that's planned two steps ahead. It's all just constant improvisation of the worst kind, and we're lucky we have Suso who can actually do something from nothing.

I want to see much more from Biglia, Kessie and Hakan. They need to move for each other and pass as a team. We're literally just giving the ball to Suso and hoping he does something. That's won't work every time.

We need to figure out how to attack from the left. Hopefully once we have RR or Antonelli as the LWB they can overlap better, but right now Borini and Hakan have no idea what to do. Very disappointing.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
This has been better but we weren't really on top until the Suso goal, and 2 moments of Suso quality is the story of last season.

We need to be able to dominate teams - not have 56% possession but have 56% possession and pass it from side to side.

That switch of play from RR to Suso before one of the goals(I think) was what we should be doing, but more readily, and not necessarily the whole pitch.

We're playing wingers and wingbacks, we shouldn't have such issues shuffling it from one side to the other.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What this team needs now is three points and some breathing space. With confidence we are going to start racking up wins.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Please score a quick third and try something different... Like 2 upfront

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What a breath of fresh air.

I so want these guys to succeed. With Montella at the helm. Football is all about feelings and when he subbed in Calabria last match I literally screamed "SACK", but it doesn't take much more than a good lead and a positive performance to turn things around.

I hope Kalinic scores in the second. He needs to start asserting himself.

Suso is our most important player, which he showed in the derby, today and countless times last season. He must be given the space needed at right wing always.

How sad isn't it that Conti got that injury? I feel like that is one of the many reasons for our lack of dynamism. He is a weapon. Can't wait to get him back.

FORZA!

100% this. It's so lovely to watch this team play Montella style when they get it right.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Hopefully that half has 'unlocked' the mental issues once and for all.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

We played 20 minutes of 343 against inter with Bona and Suso on the wings and looked great.

It took Montella 8 games to figure out how to accommodate Suso. Maybe he can figure it out with Bona and will sign another winger in winter.

Last edited:

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We are literally just playing Susoball against a bottom-half club and some of you already think we are turning the season around.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Please score a quick third and try something different... Like 2 upfront
Hell no, fuck experiments. We've seen enough of that in the last 5 games.

The team should play one tactical setup until it's in their instincts.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Told you milan will win a game sooner or later...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
DNAfGXUWAAAlaod.jpg

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hell no, fuck experiments. We've seen enough of that in the last 5 games.

The team should play one tactical setup until it's in their instincts.

I would agree if they re playing well..thing I that we're back playing suso-ball ball against shit teams...no matter how much we win by..we will struggle against harder teams. We need to find a system where we actually have multiple threats..

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
Honestly, if we played Juve, Lazio or Roma again with the way the team is playing in today's game, we'd still lose. I'm not convinced until we mangle a top team. I don't believe that Montella can lead us there.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What was chievo players bitching about when Suso scored his first?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We are literally just playing Susoball against a bottom-half club and some of you already think we are turning the season around.

They call it "Montella style" :lol: :fp:

I think we just need more forward runs from our CMs, like Kucka was doing it in Miha season or Nocerino in his glory days.

With Montella, we've had 0 of this. Basically, what we're doing is :
1. Lateral pass
2. Forward flank pass
3. (Usually) Oops, don't know what to do
4. Back pass
5. Lateral pass
6. Forward flank pass
7. Try to cross or a Suso miracle

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Shutup with your negativity and cynicism already...Noone thinks we are turning the season around, but for sure many of us are HOPING for it.. unlike you and few other constant negativity crap posters... We are just happy we are winning...
Im well aware both our goals are from Suso, we didnt create anything really so far this game

Schedule