UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifying

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Equal doesn't mean fair.

Albania probably wouldn't qualify (usually they are last in group), so kicking them out of qualifiers wouldn't hurt them that much.
Serbia had more then realistic chances to even win group so kicking them out will hurt them more.

are you even following the group situation

Albania beat Portugal away and drew against Denmark (they scored in 80th min)
We have a realistic chance of qualifying.
The biggest penalization we can get is not have the 3-0 as it should be according the rules. But we know how corrupt UEFA is

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
are you even following the group situation

Albania beat Portugal away and drew against Denmark (they scored in 80th min)
We have a realistic chance of qualifying.
The biggest penalization we can get is not have the 3-0 as it should be according the rules. But we know how corrupt UEFA is

What group situation. 2 games passed. Means nothing.

Albania have realistic chances to qualify if they get a gift from UEFA (like these 3 points you speak of).
Albanian players refused to continue the game under any circumstances (empty stadium, replay next day...) so according to the rules if you refuse to play other side wins.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Albanian players refused to continue the game under any circumstances (empty stadium, replay next day...) so according to the rules if you refuse to play other side wins.

link?

play next day? who would be in charge of security? the same people that abused the players?

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
link?

play next day? who would be in charge of security? the same people that abused the players?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/15/albania-charged-uefa-serbia

Also few fans who managed to get in attacked players not the police. And that happened only after Albanian players attacked Serbian CB.

And just to get this clear: i blame UEFA. This game shouldnt even be played. If they could arrange for Spain and Giblartar not to meat, they could also split these two.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
why attacked? they just went to take the flag? it was an even smaller fight than it happens after a foul

but all this is just serbians grasping at straws...trying to excuse the inexcusable

They attacked him. Why they went for that flag? Thats not official flag of Albania. He wasnt trying to destroy it or anything. Was trying to pull down the drone so the game can continue.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They attacked him. Why they went for that flag? Thats not official flag of Albania. He wasnt trying to destroy it or anything. Was trying to pull down the drone so the game can continue.

+1

I don't understand why the Albanian player ran over and pushed him. He didn't try to take the flag in a civilized manner but actually ran over and pushed the guy. It's like a player trying to throw away a flare and another running over to him and pushing him.

I don't get what the Albanian was trying to accomplish since he just started a fight by doing that. Serbian player was actually pretty cool, trying to remove the flag peacefully.

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
+1

I don't understand why the Albanian player ran over and pushed him. He didn't try to take the flag in a civilized manner but actually ran over and pushed the guy. It's like a player trying to throw away a flare and another running over to him and pushing him.

I don't get what the Albanian was trying to accomplish since he just started a fight by doing that. Serbian player was actually pretty cool, trying to remove the flag peacefully.

Exactly!
Player was just trying to remove object that didnt belong there so the game can continue.

It was all big provocation carefully planned and it had little to do with football.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We can safely assume that this discussion will go on for at least another 5000000000 pages and generations upon generations of Serbs and Albanians are gonna forge their identities in it.
Balkan mentality. No middle ground, no reason, no compromise. Beautiful. :proud:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
You are all missing an very important point. The match was suspended by the referee because of flares and racist chantsBEFORE the drone came in. The drone was showed 1-2 minute after the match was suspended.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJCYLTwcgc

anyway I cant see how problem is the drone when 1) Albanian fans were NOT allowed to travel. 2) Throughout the match there were racist chants Ubij, Ubij Siptar” – “Kill, Kill the Albanians,” and 3) The stadium was filled with Serb nationalistic political banners, like “Kosovo is Serbia” and other slogans relating to Bosnia and Croatia. The Serb fans loudly booed the Albanian national anthem.

This is not the first time Serbia is causing trouble. See Genoa and England Under 21

Furthermore I have to add that the Serbian players were very correct and tried to protect the albanian players.

Last edited:

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You are all missing an very important point. The match was suspended by the referee because of flares and racist chantsBEFORE the drone came in. The drone was showed 1-2 minute after the match was suspended.

anyway I cant see how problem is the drone when 1) Albanian fans were NOT allowed to travel. 2) Throughout the match there were racist chants Ubij, Ubij Siptar” – “Kill, Kill the Albanians,” and 3) The stadium was filled with Serb nationalistic political banners, like “Kosovo is Serbia” and other slogans relating to Bosnia and Croatia. The Serb fans loudly booed the Albanian national anthem.

This is not the first time Serbia is causing trouble. See Genoa and England Under 21

Furthermore I have to add that the Serbian players were very correct and tried to protect the albanian players.

Flares were thrown because of the drone. It came in from opposite part of the stadium and the referee wasnt able to see it because he was facing the other way. Thats what Serbian player is pointing at in the video.

You cant see how drone was the problem?! What the hell is drone looking in the stadium? What if it carried a bomb? Or some sort of chemical weapon?

Albanian fans wasnt allowed to travel and yet they came despite warnings.
There were insults and anthem was booed, but so was our by the Spains 2 hours before in U21 match in Cadiz. Sadly this seems to becoming a thing. Its ugly, but happens everywhere and its not the reason to abort the game.
And even if there were political slogans in the stands those wasnt parading through the middle of the pitch and wasnt interrupting the game.

Btw, that very same night there was celebration in Albania and Kosovo. People were in the streets, celebrating... i dont know what. Maybe they are hopping UEFA will give them 3 points as a gift...

Last edited:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
+1

If you would know albania, you wouldnt be surprised. They dont know anything about culture behaviour.

shimec

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Bierhoff, Weah, Savicevic, Boban, Zidane, Raul,

It's one thing to watch game on TV and completely another to be on the stadium. I was there and fans started rioting after that thing showed up over the field. Game went on with that thing over the stadium for a minute or two, only after game got suspented.

And Mitrovic really didn't do anything offensive to the flag. He jumped and pulled it down and started pulling that drone down. You can actually see that he isn't doing that violently, but two Albanians player rushed and pushed him.

As for fans, yes, most of them did sing that. I haven't because I am not nationalist.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
So...

game gets stopped because of a flying flag of greater Albania over the pitch (arguably the biggest provocation imaginable towards serbs, at their own house), then a Serbian player takes down the flag (does nothing disrespectful to it, although he had complete right to take a shit on it), and suddenly you have two overly patriotic Albanian players rugby tackling him from the middle of nowhere to 'save' the flag, despite being the ones who should have taken it down in the first place.

The nerve. they are lucky they left that stadium alive.

Anthem booing, kill *insert X* chants, throwing stuff on the pitch, happened a MILLION times before in heated rivalries. But going away, slapping the host in the face, and then slapping him another time by the very players, instead of calming the situation... Albanians are an absolute disgrace, always have been. Yes, Serbia should be punished for poor organization/security (although IMO this would happen anywhere under the circumstances), but make no mistake, Albanians started this. no way in hell UEFA should award them the three points.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Both should be awarded 0 points. Replay the game in a neutral venue.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Disqualify both of them, cancel tournament, award trophy to hosts. :thumbsup:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
They should have Tutto Serbia and Tutto Albania matches instead of Euro qualifiers.

See if they will still fight then

This is where Milan is ahead of it's time

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how security works over there? I'm not gonna jump into whose fault it was, but how do some of these people even get into matches?

I was reading about that Serbian guy Ivan, the one that got arrested in the genoa incident. He was in jail and then was seen at a match the week he got out. He was also at the match the other day. How do people like this even get the all clear to go to games. I don't get it at all. Okay you can't just ban all ultras from games sure, but it would send a message to get rid of the biggest members no?

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
If someone throws a football or a beach ball or somethinf onto the pitch while the game is going on, players throw it out and continue with the game because the ball is an 'obstruction' on the field.

If the drone was flying so low as to be within the grasp of a player, how come the referee did not stop the game so the drone and the flag could be disposed of? Did it all happen so suddenly that the referee did not notice it until players came to blows?

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If someone throws a football or a beach ball or somethinf onto the pitch while the game is going on, players throw it out and continue with the game because the ball is an 'obstruction' on the field.

If the drone was flying so low as to be within the grasp of a player, how come the referee did not stop the game so the drone and the flag could be disposed of? Did it all happen so suddenly that the referee did not notice it until players came to blows?

Drone entered the stadium from the opposite side of the pitch (It was released from outside of the stadium). Everyone was looking at the ball and the play. Fans spotted it first. Flares was thrown, game stopped, then players showed drone to the referee.

It wasnt flying low. At one point it slightly dropped and Serbian CB was able to jump and reach it.

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can someone explain to me how security works over there? I'm not gonna jump into whose fault it was, but how do some of these people even get into matches?

I was reading about that Serbian guy Ivan, the one that got arrested in the genoa incident. He was in jail and then was seen at a match the week he got out. He was also at the match the other day. How do people like this even get the all clear to go to games. I don't get it at all. Okay you can't just ban all ultras from games sure, but it would send a message to get rid of the biggest members no?

Last i heard he did his time and got out of jail recently, but because of some stupid legal loophole (law that could prevent him from entering stadium was brought AFTER he was convicted so they couldnt ban him from sport events) he was able to enter the stadium.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
Drone entered the stadium from the opposite side of the pitch (It was released from outside of the stadium). Everyone was looking at the ball and the play. Fans spotted it first. Flares was thrown, game stopped, then players showed drone to the referee.

It wasnt flying low. At one point it slightly dropped and Serbian CB was able to jump and reach it.

Cool. Thanks. :thumbsup:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Flares were thrown because of the drone. It came in from opposite part of the stadium and the referee wasnt able to see it because he was facing the other way. Thats what Serbian player is pointing at in the video.

You cant see how drone was the problem?! What the hell is drone looking in the stadium? What if it carried a bomb? Or some sort of chemical weapon?

Albanian fans wasnt allowed to travel and yet they came despite warnings.
There were insults and anthem was booed, but so was our by the Spains 2 hours before in U21 match in Cadiz. Sadly this seems to becoming a thing. Its ugly, but happens everywhere and its not the reason to abort the game.
And even if there were political slogans in the stands those wasnt parading through the middle of the pitch and wasnt interrupting the game.

Btw, that very same night there was celebration in Albania and Kosovo. People were in the streets, celebrating... i dont know what. Maybe they are hopping UEFA will give them 3 points as a gift...

1) The flares were thrown throughout the match. See
2) Albania supporters were not allowed to buy tickets and enter the stadium. Except a bunch of reporters,politicians ,and players family members.
3) The Albanian flag was disrespected by the organization.
4) How come this is not a provocation and the drone is.

5. And YES, I believe Mitrovic hadnt bad intentions when he grabbed the flag, even though Id preferred he left the referee do it.

In my opinion Serbia should definitely lose 3 points, not because their fans sung racist chants (even though that is a VERY serious issue and if it happens in Albania, also albania should be fined), but solely because they failed entirely in organizing the match.

For the curiosity: The history of drone dates back in 1999 when Serbian forces hang an Albanian in the helicopter and walked him across the border of Kosovo-Albania. The drone was a soft payback, I guess.
17_10_2014_5906247_10625035_10152730047776830_1037682879851396683_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1) The flares were thrown throughout the match. See
2) Albania supporters were not allowed to buy tickets and enter the stadium. Except a bunch of reporters,politicians ,and players family members.
3) The Albanian flag was disrespected by the organization.
4) How come this is not a provocation and the drone is.

5. And YES, I believe Mitrovic hadnt bad intentions when he grabbed the flag, even though Id preferred he left the referee do it.

In my opinion Serbia should definitely lose 3 points, not because their fans sung racist chants (even though that is a VERY serious issue and if it happens in Albania, also albania should be fined), but solely because they failed entirely in organizing the match.

1. Yes flares was thrown throughout the match. That never happened before in football matches. Right? The one in the video was thrown because of the drone above stadium.

2. Albanian fans warent allowed to even come to the game. And one of those 'VIP' members was the one who controlled the drone.
There is even a dispute between different Albanian groups each clamming credits for the drone incident.

3. Didn't see that picture before, maybe the fans below it did it. Don't know.

4. Drone is interrupting the game!

5. Referee is like 20cm shorter than Mitrovic. Mitrovic is pretty tall and even he had to jump to catch it. Referee is not going to jump around trying to catch the drone. Don't be ridiculous.
Its non significant object interrupting the game. Doesn't matter who removes it. Like a balloon or beach ball. You don't wait for referee to come and kick beach ball out of the field.

And the last one is just... such a lie.
Serbian can show same picture clamming its Albanian helicopter dragging hanged Serbian... that's just... I mean... really low man...
Payback? What does this have to do with football?

Last edited:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1. Yes flares was thrown throughout the match. That never happened before in football matches. Right? The one in the video was thrown because of the drone above stadium.

2. Albanian fans warent allowed to even come to the game. And one of those 'VIP' members was the one who controlled the drone.
There is even a dispute between different Albanian groups each clamming credits for the drone incident.

3. Didn't see that picture before, maybe the fans below it did it. Don't know.

4. Drone is interrupting the game!

5. Referee is like 20cm shorter than Mitrovic. Mitrovic is pretty tall and even he had to jump to catch it. Referee is not going to jump around trying to catch the drone. Don't be ridiculous.
Its non significant object interrupting the game. Doesn't matter who removes it. Like a balloon or beach ball. You don't wait for referee to come and kick beach ball out of the field.

And the last one is just... such a lie.
Serbian can show same picture clamming its Albanian helicopter dragging hanged Serbian... that's just... I mean... really low man...
Payback? What does this have to do with football?

The speculation that the drone was controlled by prime minsister brother was just :lol:. It was just pure media propaganda. Here is the guy. He is an Albanian living in Milano.

As for the pic. Yeah you are right, showing a pic like that in internet i know that everyone can.. but in albania everyone knows the story and believe me its true. Albanians didnt have proper army clothing let alone helicopter :lol: .Even though I am not sure if the drone was a direct "revenge" of that one.

Last edited:

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The speculation that the drone was controlled by prime minsister brother was just :lol:. It was just pure media propaganda. Here is the guy. He is an Albanian living in Milano.

As for the pic. Yeah you are right, showing a pic like that in internet i know that everyone can.. but in albania everyone knows the story and believe me its true. Albanians didnt have proper army clothing let alone helicopter :lol: .Even though I am not sure if the drone was a direct "revenge" of that one.

That's the guy who brought the flag in over the border.
He is the one who released it from the top of nearby church.

Drone was controlled from inside of the stadium by someone who saw where he was "driving".
Also, no one thought Albanians have a drone but obviously... (this is a helicopter related joke, not a nationalistic or rasist generalization)

Last edited:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's the guy who brought the flag in over the border.
He is the one who released it from the top of nearby church.
Drone was controlled from inside of the stadium by someone who saw where he was "driving".

Maybe.

He could be outside the stadium, or even in the stands

But that it was someone from VIP box, its mere speculation. Everyone was checked, even the players.

Btw, I was watching a 7 minute video of someone shooting from the stands, and the drone was moving around for all the time and the game wasnt even being stopped. The incident began the moment that the player touched it. I think it could been avoided...

Last edited: