Reaction score
image.png

Not available:
Leo Duarte, Matteo Gabbia - COVID19
Matteo Musacchio - Injury

In doubt:
Ante Rebic

Stats:
Milan have not lost in 20 games in a row in all competitions (15 wins and 5 draws).

Milan have scored in 24 Serie A matches in a row for the first time since 1973.

Previous Meetings (Last 6 matches): 4W, 1D, 1L

Last edited:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Time to unleash hauge and diaz, we really need to try them out as Am and rw, we need qualified players ready backups or even start ups for these positions, and this is the game to do it.

Also tonali should start, we will need him throughout the season

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Previous Meetings (Last 6 matches): 4W, 1D, 1L

I was at that game at Celtic Park. Was my 2nd Milan game - first being 0-0 there in the same match back in 06/07. Sad this is behind closed doors or I'd have tried to go. One of the best atmospheres in Europe there on a CL night.

We should come away with a win but might be tough, they looked sloppy vs Rangers at the weekend with a weakened side fielded likely to preserve players for this match.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should come away with a win but might be tough, they looked sloppy vs Rangers at the weekend with a weakened side fielded likely to preserve players for this match.

dafuq....they were resting players in an Old Firm derby for a Europa League game?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hope to see this lineup:

Donna
Calabria - Kjaer - Roma - Theo
Tonali - Bennacer
Diaz - Hakan - Hauge
Leao

Maybe even start Dalot for Theo and see where it leaves us, Theo got some hard knocks and we need him vs Roma.

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Hope to see this lineup:

Donna
Calabria - Kjaer - Roma - Theo
Tonali - Bennacer
Diaz - Hakan - Hauge
Leao

Maybe even start Dalot for Theo and see where it leaves us, Theo got some hard knocks and we need him vs Roma.

Yeah, that would be the ideal line up against Celtic :thumbsup:

Good point on Dalot for Theo

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I?d completely rotate midfield and attack:

Tonali-Krunic
Samu-Diaz-Hauge
Leao​

That?s not a bad team for EL at all.

Theo should probably be rested too.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Theo had the break off he doesn’t need a break imo , can be subbed off if we are comfortable. I think Hakan is the one who needs to rest the most. PlYed all full games for turkey and for us aswelll .

Tonali Kessie/Bennacer

Samu D?az Leao/Hauge

Ibra/Leao

This is the lineup Pioli goes for imo .

Ibra will want to play and Pioli can’t refuse.

Would love to see Dalot get some minutes and hopefully our CBs have a clean game with no injuries.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Hakan needs a rest the most but this isn’t the time to rest. We need to win the first 4 games of our group so we can play experimental lineups for the last 2 games

First 11 please maybe rotate one or 2 players like Diaz for Hakan

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hakan needs a rest the most but this isn?t the time to rest. We need to win the first 4 games of our group so we can play experimental lineups for the last 2 games

First 11 please maybe rotate one or 2 players like Diaz for Hakan

Would love to give him a rest but I think Pioli really really really trusts him and wants him to play all the time.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dafuq....they were resting players in an Old Firm derby for a Europa League game?

Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard will be assessed ahead of Saturday's Old Firm game against Rangers at Parkhead.

The French forward returned to Lennoxtown after being in quarantine since testing positive for Covid-19 while on duty with France U21s.

Israel duo Nir Bitton and Hatem Elhamed are also out after testing positive, with Ryan Christie absent as he self-isolates after being a close contact of Scotland midfielder Stuart Armstrong who contracted the virus - although the Hoops are questioning that decision. Striker Albian Ajeti has recovered from a hamstring injury but winger James Forrest is still out with an ankle problem.

Seems like they had a few covid issues.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Europa League - Group Stages: Celtic vs AC Milan 22/10/2020 21:00 CET

Roma match is more important.
Rest as many as possible.
You can always sub in 5 starters if things go south during the match

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Yes that can't have been true. Especially since winning that game would have put them top ahead of Rangers again, whereas now they're 4 behind.

Resting players and risking losing against Rangers and losing the chance to overtake them is clearly not going to be an option at Celtic.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Pioli on the Europa League: "We are Milan and we have to play every competition with ambition. Playing so much will not be easy and I will need all the players, but I will always play the best line-up. We want to do well in Europe, we are in the team. Europe that matters less, but we want to try to win it. Our group is balanced, Lille are first in France, we must try to start our journey well. "

It's hard to guess what Pioli will do. Zlatan actually asked to be subbed off against Inter and had Covid but I'm sure he'll want to start. I'd really like to see Hauge but maybe we'll see him come on as a sub again before he gets a start. I'm sure Tonali will start, maybe Diaz too but not too many changes other than that.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
so after irish clover now scottish :thumbsup:
hard to judge quality of teams from scotland so celtic results in europe this year:
home win vs Reykjav?k (1st round ucl q) 6:0
home lose vs Ferencv?ros from hungary (2nd round) 1:2
away win vs Riga (3rd round el q) 0:1
away win vs Sarajevo (4th round) 0:1

interesting part will be line up because we have players who played games during nt break and some didnt.
theo, roma, calabria, rebic?, ibra, samu stayed at milano

saele played only 1 game (from 3?), italy u21 with tonali skipped some games because of covid, hauge was on the bench
think leao, dalot, diaz, hakan played a lot
not sure about benna and kessie.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to see Hauge start the match.
Sub in Daniele and Colombo.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want to see Hauge start the match.
Sub in Daniele and Colombo.

It would be a good sign if he starts, means he's doing well in training and he's not a flash in the pan.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Rest Il Presidente....
maybe hakan too...

lets go

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Hitchens has already given you all the exact line up we should play. Rotating the entire squad doesn't do any good. Can't field a whole team consisting of back ups and expect a good result.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'd like to see JP Hauge start on the left wing for this one. Having arrived from the Norwegian league where they have played approx. 20 games before he left, he's ready to go.

Sensing a 0-2 victory here.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Hope we rotate

We need to rest Hakan, Kessie and Bennacer. Too bad Gabbia is injured, otherwise we would have rested Kjaer too. The others can come off the bench if need be.

Ibra, Theo and Calabria did not travel for international duty so they dont need to be rested. Although I would like for us to try out Dalot in place of Calabria just to give him some valuable game time to adjust to the team.

Ideally would go with:

Ibra

Leao Hauge Brahim

Krunic Tonali

Theo Romagnoli Kjaer Dalot

Donnarumma

OR

Ibra

Hauge Brahim Samu

Krunic Tonali

Donnarumma

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hope we rotate

We need to rest Hakan, Kessie and Bennacer. Too bad Gabbia is injured, otherwise we would have rested Kjaer too. The others can come off the bench if need be.

Ibra, Theo and Calabria did not travel for international duty so they dont need to be rested. Although I would like for us to try out Dalot in place of Calabria just to give him some valuable game time to adjust to the team.

Ideally would go with:

Ibra

Leao Hauge Brahim

Krunic Tonali

Donnarumma

OR

Ibra

Hauge Brahim Samu

Krunic Tonali

Donnarumma

"Ideal we rotate" and then play our 39 year lion who was tired vs Inter? We need to hone his performances. If he tells Pioli he plays he plays, but if we can't believe in Leao sinking Celtic we should rethink stuff.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
"Ideal we rotate" and then play our 39 year lion who was tired vs Inter? We need to hone his performances. If he tells Pioli he plays he plays, but if we can't believe in Leao sinking Celtic we should rethink stuff.
A 39 yr old who is fit as fuck and just came back from a months absence and played one game.

Heck if things go well, we can always sub in Leao/Colombo in for him

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A 39 yr old who is fit as fuck and just came back from a months absence and played one game.

Heck if things go well, we can always sub in Leao/Colombo in for him

Why not build Leao's confidence? I bet he'd slaughter Celtic as CF.

Winning the Roma game is the priority.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes that can't have been true. Especially since winning that game would have put them top ahead of Rangers again, whereas now they're 4 behind.

Resting players and risking losing against Rangers and losing the chance to overtake them is clearly not going to be an option at Celtic.

Yup. This doesn't sound like a bunch that have just sacrificed an unimportant game for a more important one.
https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/t...-thursday-22nd-october-8pm-bt-sport-3.152649/

Jeez..even banter era RnB had higher morale:lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This should be Tonali's game. Brahim will probably start also. The rest should be the same as usual. I don't think Pioli will rotate more than that.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Duarte was declared healthy today, would like to see Kjaer get a rest.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Pioli on the Europa League: "We are Milan and we have to play every competition with ambition. Playing so much will not be easy and I will need all the players, but I will always play the best line-up. We want to do well in Europe, we are in the team. Europe that matters less, but we want to try to win it. Our group is balanced, Lille are first in France, we must try to start our journey well. "

It's hard to guess what Pioli will do. Zlatan actually asked to be subbed off against Inter and had Covid but I'm sure he'll want to start. I'd really like to see Hauge but maybe we'll see him come on as a sub again before he gets a start. I'm sure Tonali will start, maybe Diaz too but not too many changes other than that.

Lille will be very hard to beat. So we need all the points from Celtic and Sparta.

I don’t think Pioli will make big changes. Dalot, Tonali and Diaz will be enough.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Celtic defenders:
Ajer 1.98
Jullien 1.96
Duffy 1.93

The first two did well against Lazio last season.

In attack they have a talented 22 yo French striker who played in France U21: Odsonne Edouard, he scored 24 hoals last season.

Last edited: