The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 15:08   #801
Albertini
AC Milan Icon
 
Albertini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Firenze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msatariano View Post
How in the world are we paying for a new stadium? Unless these past two seasons of frugality have lined our pockets more than we can imagine... Look at Arsenal and what hey had to go through to get their stadium paid off, what are we going to be looking at? 20 years of mediocrity?
we make more money in bradcasting than chelsea or man utd. we have the tenth highest turnover in the world, we have all of the facilities and coaching in place to develop youngsters and sell them off for astronomical prices if we wanted to. The management are a joke, we should be top ten team in the world we are not even top ten in italy.

seeing 35k fans in the san ciro is fucking embarassing and. the executive boxes at the emirates probably make as much money as all those seats. we have 30 boxes and they're probably as dilapidated as the rest of the stadium.


Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 15:25   #802
Milanista2020
The Milan Motivator
 
Milanista2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London England /Mexico Zacatecas
Fav. Players: Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Default

La Gazzetta dello Sport found only six Serie A clubs ran at a profit last year, while Inter lost €82.7m.

The newspaper published the results of its investigation today into the finances of clubs in the 2012-13 campaign.

They found only six sides avoided a deficit, while there are still huge debts all around the League.

Udinese are the best run club in Italy, making a profit of €32.3m in 2012-13, followed by Napoli with €8.1m.

The only other clubs to run at a profit were Chievo (€1.5m), Pescara (€1.3m before their relegation), Fiorentina (€1.2m) and Catania (€0.1m).

Inter hold the record for the worst accounts, as they ran at a loss of €82.7m in 2012-13. It’s still an improvement on the €89.8m losses from the previous season.

Juventus have the highest revenue, mainly thanks to owning their own stadium, with €274.8m, but also the second highest expenditure at €286.8m.

It means the Bianconeri still ran at a loss of €15.9m last season.

Of the other top clubs, Milan ran at a loss of €6.9m and had the most expenses at €324m, Lazio lost €5.9m and Roma €40.1m.

In terms of outstanding debts, Inter lead the way with €293m, followed by Juventus on €227.1m and Milan €221.6m.

The club with the lowest debt is Fiorentina on just €5.1m.

http://www.football-italia.net/46160...e-clubs-profit


Signature
Milanista2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 15:48   #803
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista2020 View Post
La Gazzetta dello Sport found only six Serie A clubs ran at a profit last year, while Inter lost €82.7m.

The newspaper published the results of its investigation today into the finances of clubs in the 2012-13 campaign.

They found only six sides avoided a deficit, while there are still huge debts all around the League.

Udinese are the best run club in Italy, making a profit of €32.3m in 2012-13, followed by Napoli with €8.1m.

The only other clubs to run at a profit were Chievo (€1.5m), Pescara (€1.3m before their relegation), Fiorentina (€1.2m) and Catania (€0.1m).

Inter hold the record for the worst accounts, as they ran at a loss of €82.7m in 2012-13. It’s still an improvement on the €89.8m losses from the previous season.

Juventus have the highest revenue, mainly thanks to owning their own stadium, with €274.8m, but also the second highest expenditure at €286.8m.

It means the Bianconeri still ran at a loss of €15.9m last season.

Of the other top clubs, Milan ran at a loss of €6.9m and had the most expenses at €324m, Lazio lost €5.9m and Roma €40.1m.

In terms of outstanding debts, Inter lead the way with €293m, followed by Juventus on €227.1m and Milan €221.6m.

The club with the lowest debt is Fiorentina on just €5.1m.

http://www.football-italia.net/46160...e-clubs-profit
That shows how pathetic the teams in SA can be with their miss management run.

Neverless, Udi IS THE ONLY club who has a better record balance book based on the lack of effective sponsorships an the volume of the club nationally and internationally.

When their Stadium will get ready, I'm sure they will boost their market value and prepare a solid team that can be an example to follow in ITALY.

B&G has no excuses here to bragged our heads with, they have the [Wide Market + Super Sponsorships + Financial Resources] to create at least a stable and solid team, but instead, we are damned with careless and selfy behave of B and termoandes disrespect from G and his co.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 01:17   #804
ItaliaCalcio10
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Pretty scary stuff when looking at the finances of these clubs.
As far as I'm concerned, these businesses should not be operating with a debt burden. The operating leverage of the businesses (especially big clubs), makes it inherently a bad idea.

Juventus, AC Milan, Roma, etc. all have large figures when it comes to fixed costs. While it may seem that salaries are variable, in order to meet their reputations, it really is impossible. Operating leverage + financial leverage + slim margins = a bad idea.

Milan need to simply sell, and use proceeds (~$1B) to pay off their debt, improve the squad, and invest in a new stadium/ the business. Lucky for Berlusconi despite the crappy financial situation, sports franchises are extremely valuable at this point / as are sports broadcasting rights (they are the crown jewel of content). Its an easy sell IMO.
ItaliaCalcio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 01:44   #805
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

lol berlus company has rebounded nicely after couple of years and his asset valuation is around 9billion, its just he has bigger things to worry about
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 06:15   #806
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN
 
rocknrolla1v1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
lol berlus company has rebounded nicely after couple of years and his asset valuation is around 9billion, its just he has bigger things to worry about
Proof please


Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 01:14   #807
ItaliaCalcio10
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla1v1 View Post
Proof please


He's actually correct.
Source: My Bloomberg

Larger Pic:
http://postimg.org/image/vii9owaqd/full/

Its probably closer to $9.5B since the valuation used for Milan is from a 2011 Finivest report. Sports valuations have been skyrocketing over the last 5 years. If the Forbes valuation of ~$900-$1B is used, it pushes his portfolio of assets up by about 1/2 a billion.

Last edited by ItaliaCalcio10; 18-03-2014 at 01:19.
ItaliaCalcio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 11:12   #808
ladro
AC Milan Icon
 
ladro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Slo
Default

yes mediaset is doing good these days. proud oscar winners


Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 17:03   #809
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN
 
rocknrolla1v1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaliaCalcio10 View Post


He's actually correct.
Source: My Bloomberg

Larger Pic:
http://postimg.org/image/vii9owaqd/full/

Its probably closer to $9.5B since the valuation used for Milan is from a 2011 Finivest report. Sports valuations have been skyrocketing over the last 5 years. If the Forbes valuation of ~$900-$1B is used, it pushes his portfolio of assets up by about 1/2 a billion.
Than why the fuck hasn't he invested buying players? WTF if the logic


Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 18:55   #810
ACMilanMaldini3
Senior Team Member
 
ACMilanMaldini3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla1v1 View Post
Than why the fuck hasn't he invested buying players? WTF if the logic
Because were suppose to be an example of fair play, get it (He doesn't have to invest)


Signature
Imagine the Team we could of had: Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Thiago Silva, Romagnoli, Darmian, Kondogbia, Bonaventura, Mastour, Bacca, Adriano, Menez
ACMilanMaldini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 06:29   #811
ItaliaCalcio10
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla1v1 View Post
Than why the fuck hasn't he invested buying players? WTF if the logic

That's the aggregate net value of his personal portfolio of assets (total value less debt). Think of it like a stock portfolio. He would need to sell out of one in order to fund Milan or use his $3.0B or so in cash or other assets. Unfortunately Milan right now is like quick sand for ones cash. While Milan is worth a lot, this is mostly due to its brand, and the high valuation placed on sports content (high multiple on earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation & amortization). That does not mean it makes money. With its debt load, high salary requirements, weak local economy, and subpar stadium, it loses money, in spite of the lack of recent spending.

Berlusconi certainly can't imagine that any dollar he puts into Milan will earn a return on his capital invested (actually, he'll probably lose his capital and have to invest again in 10-15 years, depending how much he puts in). That means, he'd have to do it out of either a) Ego or b) charity. Berlusconi doesn't seem like a "b" kind of a guy, and he had 20 years of ego inflation with Milan's success. I don't think he'll put much more into Milan.

The best option is for him to sell it to an owner that is looking for an opportunity to swing his you know what. Look no further than the Middle East. Additionally, these owners have the capabilities to take the steps require to build the infrastructure necessary for permanent financial improvement. Think lucrative sponsorships from Qatar (PSG now has the highest commercial revenues - yes, they went from 20+ to 1st in 3 years), a new stadium (which would improve pricing flexibility and the fan experience), new players (which would help sustain the international brand), market expansion (build the brand in Asia, and the Middle East through increase marketing spend).

Berlusconi should sell the team...It's really a no brainer. Serie A requires foreign capital. The local market even when it improves isn't enough to compete with inflated player valuations, and the movement to truly global brands. The slow way is to do what Roma/Napoli/Inter are doing and getting new owner that isn't obscenely wealthy, but is savvy and smart. Roma is run by a hedge fund manager who is doing a great job at creating value without having to continually pump money into the business. He is very good at opportunistically selling players (as is Napoli), and I'd expect a similar situation out of Merda. The quick way is to sell to an obscenely rich person, and a brand like AC Milan, in a market as large as the region of Milan, it can definitely attract that kind of buyer...

Last edited by ItaliaCalcio10; 19-03-2014 at 06:32.
ItaliaCalcio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 10:11   #812
mummila
Senior Team Member
 
mummila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

^
^
so, he should sell his share if he want to fund new stadium project?
mummila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 11:32   #813
ItaliaCalcio10
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummila View Post
^
^
so, he should sell his share if he want to fund new stadium project?
Well he could sell partial share for just the stadium or he could personally invest more. I don't think thats attractive to him though because the return is very long term, and the team doesn't just need a new stadium.

I think if Berlusconi wants to see AC Milan go anywhere near its former glory, he needs to pass on the torch and sell his entire stake and concede ownership to a wealthy owner with a global vision, and the capacity to invest hundreds of millions and be ok with a return on his capital that may take 10 years to realize. He could always stay on in some capacity (consultant).

I don't believe an improved Milan is with Berlusconi, its with a new owner, and ultimate it should be apparent that given the value of sports content/franchises, and the current state of the team, now is the right time to sell. He gets to monetize almost a $1B in team value, and not see his company deteriorate in front of him (which he'd be blamed for).
ItaliaCalcio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 16:25   #814
mummila
Senior Team Member
 
mummila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaliaCalcio10 View Post
Well he could sell partial share for just the stadium or he could personally invest more. I don't think thats attractive to him though because the return is very long term, and the team doesn't just need a new stadium.

I think if Berlusconi wants to see AC Milan go anywhere near its former glory, he needs to pass on the torch and sell his entire stake and concede ownership to a wealthy owner with a global vision, and the capacity to invest hundreds of millions and be ok with a return on his capital that may take 10 years to realize. He could always stay on in some capacity (consultant).

I don't believe an improved Milan is with Berlusconi, its with a new owner, and ultimate it should be apparent that given the value of sports content/franchises, and the current state of the team, now is the right time to sell. He gets to monetize almost a $1B in team value, and not see his company deteriorate in front of him (which he'd be blamed for).
mummila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 14:48   #815
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Financial Details about the Stadium's Land Cost
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2014, 19:56   #816
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

http://acmilanfinance.com/player-contracts/


nice overview of the wages


probably posted here before but it's new to me
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2014, 12:47   #817
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaliaCalcio10 View Post
Well he could sell partial share for just the stadium or he could personally invest more. I don't think thats attractive to him though because the return is very long term, and the team doesn't just need a new stadium.

I think if Berlusconi wants to see AC Milan go anywhere near its former glory, he needs to pass on the torch and sell his entire stake and concede ownership to a wealthy owner with a global vision, and the capacity to invest hundreds of millions and be ok with a return on his capital that may take 10 years to realize. He could always stay on in some capacity (consultant).

I don't believe an improved Milan is with Berlusconi, its with a new owner, and ultimate it should be apparent that given the value of sports content/franchises, and the current state of the team, now is the right time to sell. He gets to monetize almost a $1B in team value, and not see his company deteriorate in front of him (which he'd be blamed for).
Spot on, if he doesn't sell Milan soon he is going to pull a Madrid-Kaka situation.


Signature
New Era version 8+
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 23:03   #818
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Friday March 28 2014 Serie A debt at €1.5bn

Serie A clubs increased revenue last season by eight per cent, but also spending by four per cent, with total debt set at €1.5bn.

Quote:
The Gazzetta dello Sport have followed up a recent report on the state of the Italian top-flight clubs’ accounts, which revealed earlier this month that only six teams ran a profit during 2012-13.

A more in-depth look at the accounts of the 20 clubs has produced overall figures for the League and shows that total revenuehas increased on 2011-12’s figures by eight per cent, to €1.772bn, whilst total spending increased four per cent to €2.365bn, resulting in a loss of an aggregate figure for last season between the clubs of €203m.

Total debt remains at €1.572bn between Serie A’s sides, with every club posting a debt, Fiorentina with the lowest at €5.1m and Inter the worst at €293m. League leaders Juventus hold a debt of €227.1m whilst Milan owe a total of €221.6m.

Roma with €136.3m and Lazio with €102m are the only two other clubs with debt into nine figures.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:03   #819
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

Some thing on financial fair play mostly its on EPL clubs

financialfairplay

A post on whether Liverpool will be safe or unsafe under those guidelines.

will-liverpool-face-any-ffp-punishment-


latest

uefa-financial-fair-play-update-%E2%80%93-nyon-28-feb-2014


Last edited by Ashish; 06-04-2014 at 04:06.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:18   #820
SHEVA-7
National Team Player
 
SHEVA-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Fav. Players: Kaka' Maldini&Nesta Shevchenko Seedorf
Default

Man. City >> -80m pound. (Average last 3 seasons ) . How did they pass ?
It says 80m pound 2011 wages. 80 + (-80) = 0 . So City in safe. These rules re BULSHIT.
SHEVA-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:49.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.