GleeGIF12.gif

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

can you believe this guy

he likes Amelia, Antonini, Bonera, Matri, Noce, ...
and all those italian fodder players we've had

but he would ditch El Shaarawy :fp:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
can you believe this guy

he likes Amelia, Antonini, Bonera, Matri, Noce, ...
and all those italian fodder players we've had

but he would ditch El Shaarawy :fp:

I fucking LOVE Antonini- top 5 favourite players ever for Milan.

Dude i was being sarcastic about Shaarawy, but he has a lot to prove when he gets back from injury.

Perin has really established himself, would be a great buy for us.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Well El Shaarawy is more proven at a topclub than Perin.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To me, there are mental mistakes and there are physical mistakes. Physical mistakes happen and can be coached through, improved upon, etc. Mental mistakes are MUCH harder to correct.

USC you are one guy on this forum that always presents a valid argument so congrats on that .

to a degree I agree with you that the mental mistakes like decision making and awareness can be more of an issue but I think that there is an argument for the ability to correct it in youth .

I think Perin is young and lets face facts that his foray into serie a has been with genoa and Pescara who are teams for most part have very clear deficiencies . I'm not saying perin is the best keeper out there but he would benefit from even being under the guidance of abbiati who despite his errorness at times has still displayed some fine performances and been a decent servant to the club .

sometimes young keepers especially rely heavily on their physical ability but they have time to still work on the things that aid that like concentration and positioning . to me this is his current weakness and maybe not one he can rectify but there is time .

in fairness as well the calibre of keepers and their abilities to be mentally sharp has decreased in the last few years .it seems so many focus on that physical ability which decreases with age .

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Scuffet didn't look anything near ready at all today
Perin it is!!

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Scuffet didn't look anything near ready at all today
Perin it is!!

:lol:

1 fucking game? Today? Thats it?
People demand youngsters but write off a 17 year old (!!!!) after 1 average game.

Ridiculous...

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol:

1 fucking game? Today? Thats it?
People demand youngsters but write off a 17 year old (!!!!) after 1 average game.

Ridiculous...

very rich coming from you
You only need a 3 minute video to love player so

point is Scuffet may be talented, but as 1st choice goalie next year? no way he ain't ready

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Shouldn't have used fucking in that sentence, makes it sound so mean :D
Apologies

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
So we're basing our opinions off of one game now? I remember when Perin had a mediocre game against Milan, everyone wrote him off, conveniently forgetting that he faced 38 shots in the match before and let in a bagel.

Scuffet is going to be fine, but he's two years away from competing in the top flight, and that's one of the many reasons why Perin is the best fit for us. We may lose some, and whomever buys Scuffet may have a better keeper at the end of the day, but I bet that the fail probability on Perin is lower.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So we're basing our opinions off of one game now? I remember when Perin had a mediocre game against Milan, everyone wrote him off, conveniently forgetting that he faced 38 shots in the match before and let in a bagel.

he hadn't even played 10 games before people start overrating him
so that' kind of the same
people were more surprised by his age then for his talent

I'm not saying he's shit, but he ain't ready for a bigger team yet
Let him stay at Udinese, We need a new 1ste goalie

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Perin has shown himself to be a talented goalkeeper last season, and again this season.
Since he is with Genoa, we really shouldn't pass up such an opportunity.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't understand for what exactly we need a keeper who is proven right now.
We're not going to compete for anything next year so imo we should just pick the guy with the highest ceiling and buy now when they are still relatively cheap.

Don't pass up now and regret when they made it big and are out of our price range.

Imo, best buy Perin to play next season here as 1st keeper, and buy Scuffet and stall him at Udi for next 2 seasons. We'll get a discounted price from Udi and if both make it big in 2 years we can evaluate what to do, we can keep both or we'll have a legit asset to liquidize some funds. Spread your chances.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We're not going to compete for anything next year so imo we should just pick the guy with the highest ceiling and buy now when they are still relatively cheap.

Don't pass up now and regret when they made it big and are out of our price range.

Imo, best buy Perin to play next season here as 1st keeper, and buy Scuffet and stall him at Udi for next 2 seasons. We'll get a discounted price from Udi and if both make it big in 2 years we can evaluate what to do, we can keep both or we'll have a legit asset to liquidize some funds. Spread your chances.

I think we all know that IF we buy at least one of them
that we should be really happy

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think we all know that IF we buy at least one of them
that we should be really happy

Ya I know, that's what a smart club would do (sign me up USC :o).

Since we're probably going to have to pick, just pick the one with the highest ceiling, disregard who is more ready now, we're not competing anyway.

I don't follow them extensively though, so I wouldn't know who has the higher ceiling tbh.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score

It's not just a short-term buy. The keeper we buy would essentially be a 10-15 year investment if nurtured properly. It's why making the right decision now is so very important.

I said a few weeks ago that I see Perin joining Milan and Scuffet joining Juventus as Buffon's replacement and staying at Udinese for 2 years. The more that I have seen of Perin, the more impressed I have been as well. Buffon, meanwhile, has been Scuffet's biggest advocate and fan.

The class of '92 has the chance to produce five national team starting keepers, which is pretty bloody wild to me.

I also disagree with you about competing. I honestly believe that if we had a coach and management on the right page, made aggressive signings that were designed to maximize ability, and stuck with the plan of thinning down the team and having flexibility that we could compete for the title next year. Juventus faces a lot of question marks, and I would not be shocked to see a different playing style next year since we have heard that the club has already agreed with Nani and Alexis Sanchez.

You know though at the end of the day, we wind up with Marchetti for too much money and extending Abbiatti.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Fwiw

genoa’s official twitter account announced alberto gilardino and mattia perin are in italy’s provisional world cup squad.

the list of players called up by cesare prandelli won’t be officially confirmed until later this evening at around 19.00 uk time.

however, genoa jumped the gun with a tweet on the club’s official account.

“gilardino and perin are in prandelli’s list of 30: Congratulations from all of genoa cfc!”

the provisional squad of 30 players will be whittled down to 23 for the world cup itself in brazil next month.

Both gilardino and perin were big doubts to feature even in the list of 30, so this tweet is a surprising development.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This deal is 100% doable but I'm just worried G will go for Marchetti (who would still be a huge upgrade, don't get me wrong).

Co own or trade, whatever! Di Marzio said Gasperini wants Matri to replace Gila, go for it G!!

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
This deal is 100% doable but I'm just worried G will go for Marchetti (who would still be a huge upgrade, don't get me wrong).

Co own or trade, whatever! Di Marzio said Gasperini wants Matri to replace Gila, go for it G!!

Hopefully SES is constantly asking as they're quite friendly.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
surely we can do a deal for perin .

give them matri and Gabriel plus cash and we could probably walk away with perin and another player.

and whats happening with agazzi cause perhaps he could be the key to getting perin

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
surely we can do a deal for perin .

give them matri and Gabriel plus cash and we could probably walk away with perin and another player.

and whats happening with agazzi cause perhaps he could be the key to getting perin

Rumored (and hopefully true) to be Bertolacci

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
great now that hes in the WC team, his pricetag is going to skyrise

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
As a back up.

Amelia made it as a back up ffs.

agreed .

in fairness his price is always going to be fairly high anyway . there was a golden era of Italian goalkeepers and then a time when Italian keepers were in decline . Perin is amongst those bringing back confidence in the next generation along with scuffet,Leali and a few others .

the question though would have to be whether he is expendable to genoa and to a degree his is . present them with replacement players In areas they need and we probably land him . Gabriel and Matri should do and perhaps some cash

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
agreed .

in fairness his price is always going to be fairly high anyway . there was a golden era of Italian goalkeepers and then a time when Italian keepers were in decline . Perin is amongst those bringing back confidence in the next generation along with scuffet,Leali and a few others .

the question though would have to be whether he is expendable to genoa and to a degree his is . present them with replacement players In areas they need and we probably land him . Gabriel and Matri should do and perhaps some cash

:thumbsup:

Getting Bertolacci and Sturaro back (like rumored) would be nice.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
agreed .

Yes, synergy would be ideal. The deal I have talked about is our part on Saponara, Gabriel, Matri, and then the cash needed to cover Matri's salary in return for Bertolacci and Perin. All teams win there.

Schedule