The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 16-10-2017, 16:00   #1381
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

What do you think about trying Seedorf again, at least for the rest of the season?

I really liked his ideas and our performance under him and if I remember correctly, we were in top 3 by points in second half of the season (under him). A lot of improvement, without any transfers.

Two added benefits would be : 1) Having a legendary (club and world) player, which is always motivational... 2) motivational and performance boost usually seen when having a new coach and some new ideas

I can't really see a better and realistic option considering the timing and budget

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 16:13   #1382
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
What do you think about trying Seedorf again, at least for the rest of the season?

I really liked his ideas and our performance under him and if I remember correctly, we were in top 3 by points in second half of the season (under him). A lot of improvement, without any transfers.

Two added benefits would be : 1) Having a legendary (club and world) player, which is always motivational... 2) motivational and performance boost usually seen when having a new coach and some new ideas

I can't really see a better and realistic option considering the timing and budget
nah only wait for Cartelo, Simeone, Conte or Sarri
sack him right now for another caretaker only makes thing more complicated
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 16:16   #1383
Vik
Passionate Anime Hater

Seedorf brought good results but alienated both the management and the players, and he's not the most popular with the fans either

unless he's learned how to handle people, you don't really want a coach who's hated/disliked by everyone

Last edited by Vik; 16-10-2017 at 16:18.
Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 16:20   #1384
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik View Post
Seedorf brought good results but alienated both the management and the players, and he's not the most popular with the fans either

unless he's learned how to handle people, you don't really want a coach who's hated/disliked by everyone
Well, both management and players were shit back then, so I don't think he was the problem. Berlusconi turned against any coach who refused his 4-3-1-2 bulshit

Signature
Old 16-10-2017, 17:27   #1385
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:

No thanks ron. Our next coach should one of the top 10 best
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 21:41   #1386
justhope
AC Milan Legend

the 3-4-2-1 in the second half last night was our best performance this season, and against top competition.
I said it all along we should definitely try this, suits our players the best I think

First we need to play with a real striker, who can win us some long balls - Kalinic or Cutrone, I like them both.
Kalinic is more link up oriented and experienced. Cutrone has better of the ball runs.

Id play one of Suso/Silva behind the striker, a type of player who can score goals from nothing, an execution type of player.
Suso clearly better for now and fits the role better than the second striker position. Silva still has high potential.
They both can make runs and would help bring the ball forward and on counters

And the second attacking midfielder should be one that can set up plays when teams are sitting deep. Hakan or Jack.

Defensively the players seem to be the right ones, should find a way to make them defend better as a unit.
For example against Inter 3 players were marking only Icardi, and when Inter players from midfield were charging in the penalty area, they were scrambing between them on who should get were, and that;s why they lost Icardi a couple of times. Vecino had some incerdibly open situations also.
justhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 22:32   #1387
Massaro94
Best. World Cup. Ever

Fav. Players: Maradona-R9-Sheva-ZZ-R10-CR7-N10

Quote:

Pep - ZiGoat - Seedorf

Should guarantee us " UCLs within 3 seasons.

Signature
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Real-Madrid-Gianluigi-Buffon-Juventus-944824.jpg
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 12:42   #1388
joyrider
Il Moderati

Vincenzo Montella admits “I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers” in his Milan team.

Montella’s position was plunged into further doubt after Milan’s 3-2 defeat to Inter in the Derby della Madonnina last weekend, but the Coach insisted his side “deserved at least two draws” from their last two losses and “didn’t see” much difference between them and their arch-rivals.

“Post-derby? I’m convinced, through these experiences and defeats, that I’m finding the right team, the right path,” he began at a Press conference for Tuesday’s Europa League match against AEK Athens.

“We’re improving. In our last two games, we deserved at least two draws and they would’ve made us talk about different things, but it’s not the case and we need to be more ruthless.

“AEK? We want to win the group, we want to finish first in the table, so tomorrow’s game will count for a lot, also for morale.

“They’re a dynamic team, they can play with a back three or four and have lots of quick players, so we’ll have to be careful and play our own game.

“3-5-2? We overhauled our wardrobe in the transfer market. I have a nice wardrobe now, but I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers. We still have to grow.

“Midfield? We’re all talking about Sunday’s exciting second half, but in the first half, Inter only had one shot on target like ourselves.

“I didn’t see all this supposed difference, I can’t expect us to be at our best for 95 minutes against certain opponents, but we’ll get there.

“Cutrone? He’s grown a lot recently. After a bit of difficulty last season, he’s shown a lot more ‘anger’ this time around. He’s given the club and I great satisfaction. He was our bet.

“Europa League? It means a lot to me. Milan’s home is Europe. After that, we all want more consistency in the League, but we’re coming.

“Defence? It’s true, we have to improve and concede less as we’ve conceded too many goals.”

Socks and trousers problems.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 17:14   #1389
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
[B]Vincenzo Montella admits “I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers” in his Milan team.
k

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 17:11   #1390
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
k
LOL .. When I first read that article I was imagine about he is trying to mix match in between trousers and short pants with shirt .. then Bang 💥 You showed up with Montella's picture featuring unbelievable outfits .. but still fancy though

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:03   #1391
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

Time to go for me.

We were clueless to tonight and I don't think I can stomach another Milan game under Montella.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:04   #1392
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

I can't take it anymore

Signature
Old 19-10-2017, 22:10   #1393
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody

Bacca played very decently under Miha, suddenly became amateur striker after montella became milan's coach, same for Niang.

Bonucci played like a boss for jube, and turn out to be completely dogshit after moved to montella's team, same for hakan, kessie etc...

ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:10   #1394
Sage
Reinmēkā

dude...you can't even get the team to perform against AEK...hopeless.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:13   #1395
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

can't motivate the squad enough to play with confidence against a team that gave livaja nr10
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:13   #1396
Massaro94
Best. World Cup. Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
Bacca played very decently under Miha, suddenly became amateur striker after montella became milan's coach, same for Niang. .

hmmmm

Signature
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Real-Madrid-Gianluigi-Buffon-Juventus-944824.jpg
Old 19-10-2017, 22:14   #1397
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

wise words

@acmilan Not sacking Montella now is just delaying the inevitable.

https://twitter.com/KAleniziq8/statu...19953633210369

Signature
bacon d'or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:14   #1398
Massaro94
Best. World Cup. Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
k

Signature
Old 19-10-2017, 22:18   #1399
Batman
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Quote:

Well he is living in Milan these days
I like seedorf. If we're gonna be going for a caretaker coach then it's either Sousa or him for me

Signature
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2017, 22:24   #1400
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Sack.

And keep Seedorf away.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote